It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simulation hypothesis; Idealism; Psychism; Spiritualism; and ETs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This could probably go on this board or philosophy or ETs. I chose this one since I think it may not be philosophical enough and only touches on ETs

I would like to throw out an idea:
Perhaps the simulation hypothesis is correct, and also spiritual concepts are correct, and that we are in fact spirits experiencing a sort of very "real" manifestation of physical existence, and that could also be called a simulation and the "spirits" (us) are the ones that are actively participating in this simulation or manifestation. Perhaps simulating our past ascension from physical to spirit, perhaps not. I don't think that aspect of "simulation hypothesis" is that important since it speaks to a motive, which isn't ontological in nature. The fact the simulation is there is ontological. It could just be a fancy video game. Suppose one major rule is that most of what we experience has to be manifested from inside "the veil" - e.g. "original thought" and with free will (is thought truly ever original?). E.g. limited or near-null external influence (if we are the creators of this, then our souls are what you'd call non-interfering "gods" that spun it up then let it roll). Based on various rules that govern how our energies interact, we forget most of what we know and even that we created this experience.

By the way, simulation hypothesis isn't truly a new idea. I think it's a twist on idealism which is ancient (Greek, Vedic, etc). Perhaps with Descartes' Renaissance meditations on a "deciever" thrown in. The deceiver would be the programming of the hypothesis. Perhaps it's even self-healing to some degree avoid external corruptions.

Basically, there's a social manifestation of things through multiple characters, and then occasionally someone has an idea and a leap occurs - a paradigm shift - be it small or large.

Perhaps "death" is just a way for us to take a break before jumping back in (if we so choose) break-away, not get obsessed, maybe heal and without a break in continuity. It may be less scary if we know that we're only going to be in a particular body less than 150 years. So, like a kid who finally gets up and stretches and grabs some grub and goes the bathroom and relaxes a bit, we get to relax, to heal. Then once we've relaxed perhaps we feel ready to incarnate into another body "character". During this process of jumping back in, perhaps some of our energies seep through that shouldn't have, and despite suppressed may cause us to intuitively remember some things that shape our manifestations throughout our life.

People have memories about past lives, and insights, intuition, and sometimes their intuition inspires them to do new things. Furthermore, perhaps there are other simulations that are purely what we'd call "ET" in nature. We may be jumping between them, seeing what we like better, etc. The average person starts having slight intuitive memories of that trickling through when they incarnate here. But maybe the "hackers" have figured out how to abuse this intentionally and start manifesting ET presence in this experience, and figuring out how to block the self-healing mechanisms long enough for these changes to have effect. Corrupting it in a sense, but it is free will so now that it's seeped in to some degree, people are manifesting that further and further, and gradually merging the other simulations with this one.

Also, some psychics are hackers, perhaps.

It could also explain some resentment there seems to be towards the idea of ETs and psychics. Perhaps some people are intuitively carrying an anger for these - what they consider interference in the game being played.
edit on 16-2-2019 by Dwagon because: (no reason given)

edit on 2.16.2019 by Kandinsky because: fixed typo

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Now that was some really good unique and original thought. Awesome.

I also like to entertain the possibility that the spirit time line doesn't need to follow the time line of this reality. Maybe as souls, we can choose when to reincarnate so we could go from 200 bc to 1800 ad and back. But I guess that would have problems for how much of the future is actually laid out already. Maybe there is a true time line of the exact point this reality is being created, by us.

I also love your idea of spiritual amnesia. All of our past memories are locked away while we take the plunge into this simulation. We get to recover all of them plus the ones we created while on our current journey and add them to the mix. Do you think those memories are able to impact the core of our soul? To change us forever?

Would you explain this further?

The deceiver would be the programming of the hypothesis. Perhaps it's even self-healing to some degree avoid external corruptions.

edit on 16-2-2019 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Would you explain this further?

The deceiver would be the programming of the hypothesis. Perhaps it's even self-healing to some degree avoid external corruptions.

Descartes meditated on a possible doubt to the existence of God. He proposed an evil deceiver that could be as powerful as people imagine God to be, but instead has a goal on deception:
I will suppose therefore that not God, who is supremely good and the source of truth, but rather some malicious demon [mauvais génie] of the utmost power and cunning has employed all his energies in order to deceive me. (AT 7:21, CSM 2:15)

Now, I don't believe in God in the christian sense, but I'm employing an alternative approach of looking at this. Perhaps the closest thing we have to "God" in this scenario is our collective souls who created and participate in this simulation, and "programmed" (through manifestation) the mechanisms of the simulation itself, which in and of itself would be like an advanced computer, but orders more sophisticated than anything we have. In that sense, the programming of this would be "the deceiver" and so would our souls in the sense that they participated in the creation of it.

originally posted by: ClovenSkywe can choose when to reincarnate so we could go from 200 bc to 1800 ad and back. But I guess that would have problems for how much of the future is actually laid out already.

As long as there's more than one timeline or version of events, it wouldn't be a problem.

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I also love your idea of spiritual amnesia. All of our past memories are locked away while we take the plunge into this simulation. We get to recover all of them plus the ones we created while on our current journey and add them to the mix. Do you think those memories are able to impact the core of our soul? To change us forever?

My own personal opinion is there's both direct and indirect experience. Indirect would be like a soul just observing another incarnation. Perhaps a so-called "spirit guide" or "collective" would be two examples.

Whereas, the soul that actually came here, had part of itself or its energies cut off from everything else which is an intense and genuine experience that you can learn much more from.

I suspect both indirect and direct experience can shape our soul, but direct experience probably to a much greater extent.

I also suspect that some of that bleeds through to our incarnation/plunge into this and does have a slight impact on how we intuitively attack decisions we have to make, how much wisdom and understanding we employ. It'd be especially true if the concept of "old souls" meant anything.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwagon

What happens if there is only 1 timeline? How would the idea of a soul being a unique and individual entity be able to withstand the the idea of multiple timelines? What if our current time frame or reality is made up of us going back in time already. We are here because we have already taken the trip into the past with future knowledge. Then spiritual amnesia works into the equation perfectly.

The spiritual time line and this realities time line could be 2 separate things.

With what you have expressed, would ET or an alien revelation really impact your view of this reality all that much?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
you edited your post and put some additional good stuff in there about the deceiver. So if I may, another question back to back?

Would that view that we could be the creators, from our fully empowered spirit state, make this reality a duality of both good and evil. Without one the other wouldn't exist? So would that make our historical ideas of good and evil incorrect, they are just different sides of the same coin? Do you believe in repercussions for interfering with another person's free will that will follow a soul after their time in this reality ends?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

What happens if there is only 1 timeline?
We are here because we have already taken the trip into the past with future knowledge. Then spiritual amnesia works into the equation perfectly.

I guess if there's amnesia, it probably wouldn't matter much if we jumped around to different times. I guess the big thing is if that a little seeped in, it could accelerate progress and change the past.

The spiritual time line and this realities time line could be 2 separate things.

Perhaps. I don't feel that spirits really experience time at all but that's just an opinion.

With what you have expressed, would ET or an alien revelation really impact your view of this reality all that much?

I honestly don't know. I imagine for some people that are really head-down in their day-to-day without even giving a second to thinking about anything else, it could be earth-shattering. But more likely than not, if it were told to them they wouldn't believe it. If substantial proof were given one time, they'd probably think that was cool but then they'd have to put food on the table and deal with their day-to-day dramas and they'd slowly forget. After a few years, it could be like it never happened. I figure it'd have to happen repeatedly so that it becomes part of peoples' lives.

In fact, go a step beyond ETs: Let's say it was proven to everyone they were in a simulation manifested by spirits, but no way out was offered, I don't even think that'd have a huge impact. It may lead to more heightened thinking and better decisions, but in the end people have to put food on the table until they figure out how to get around that. If they started to have discomfort, they'd be like "ok, that's cool, but I have to do what is necessary to avoid this discomfort"

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

you edited your post and put some additional good stuff in there about the deceiver. So if I may, another question back to back?

Would that view that we could be the creators, from our fully empowered spirit state, make this reality a duality of both good and evil. Without one the other wouldn't exist? So would that make our historical ideas of good and evil incorrect, they are just different sides of the same coin? Do you believe in repercussions for interfering with another person's free will that will follow a soul after their time in this reality ends?

If "good" and "evil" are just perceptions, then there would always be a dichotomy and one thing considered more relatively good than the other no matter how of a utopia things became. I imagine it would shape historical ideas of good and evil.

originally posted by: ClovenSky Do you believe in repercussions for interfering with another person's free will that will follow a soul after their time in this reality ends?

I believe anything in this experience can affect our soul outside of it. I believe in this reality there are repercussions for interfering with free will. First, when you interfere with free will, you get further sucked into the experience. I've been told by ETs that's one reason they don't interfere, because it does cause them to take on more of the energy than they want. There could also be a difficult lesson of things not going as they intended. Perhaps in certain cases a soul could be attacked until they stop interfering or possibly even ejected and banned.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I should add that I don't think an incarnation can interfere with free will. The part of you interfering with someone else's free will has to be on the other side because an incarnation doesn't really know enough to interfere with free will.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I completely agree. Damn good discussion and I very much thank you for it on this Saturday.

By interfering with free will, I was referring more to physical conflict. By doing to someone physically what another person desires not to be done. But I guess that would also apply to spiritual as well.

Scenario for you if I may, seeking your opinion. Say someone was able to possibly feel (receive from others) and project a portion of their spirituality. This projection will not interface at all with this material world, but will interface with another person's spirit. Say we are having a nice competitive pool (billiards) game and it is close, coming down to the last ball. If I attempt to distort someones reality or harmony spiritually while they are shooting, intending for them to miss and give me a chance, would that be interfering with someones free will?

And another question. What do you mean to when you say 'energy' in reference to ET?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

By doing to someone physically what another person desires not to be done.

I don't see this as a violation of free will. Although choices to the individual are constrained, they can still make choices within whatever options they have. It's always that way, though if someone is a captor or something like that, then obviously they will have significantly limited choice.

An example of a free will violation would be: Let's say a spirit could see that you were going to accidentally crash into its incarnation in a few hours, killing its incarnation (that sucks, but is free will). So, instead of letting that happen, it somehow caused you an extreme headache and other itching and pain sensations that made you accidentally drive off the edge of a cliff.

And another question. What do you mean to when you say 'energy' in reference to ET?

I was referring to is the ETs I have met and talked to are energy beings. So instead of physical objects they usually talk about energy exchange.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Scenario for you if I may, seeking your opinion. Say someone was able to possibly feel (receive from others) and project a portion of their spirituality. This projection will not interface at all with this material world, but will interface with another person's spirit. Say we are having a nice competitive pool (billiards) game and it is close, coming down to the last ball. If I attempt to distort someones reality or harmony spiritually while they are shooting, intending for them to miss and give me a chance, would that be interfering with someones free will?

Depends where the manifestation comes from in my opinion. If it's the incarnate individual somehow figured out how to tap in that way, I wouldn't consider it a free will violation. It's cheating though and disgraceful.

However, if it was completely initiated on the other side by the spirit then it's a violation of free will.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

damn, that is what I thought as well. welp, time to develop some better internal resolve then.

thank you very much for your time Dwagon.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Souls evolve over time. They can upgrade or downgrade but the max potential of a soul is the same for all souls.

The stronger the soul the higher level strength to disconnect from a power pyramid group on moral issues when the group fails to follow common sense ideals even if the being is going to suffer in the short term. Strong soul pushes the consciousness mind to be selfaware of of own flaws and weights the internal fruits. The ego can temporary try to ignore and create excuse stories but the strong soul will destroy those excuse stories either with feelings or/and logic.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Note: In the following, to avoid confusion, don't take my terminology too literally. If you believe that the term soul only makes sense in reference to incarnation, then for beings that never incarnate, substitute in oversoul or higher self or whatever term makes sense to you.

I agree mostly though I want to address one thing that isn't universal. I don't see evolution as a necessary element of a soul (or oversoul/higher self). Souls exist eternally with an incredible amount of wisdom and consciousness/energy. If they choose to stay in the higher vibration non-corporeal realms (not even energy bodies) exclusively then they are all set, and may just swap out energies, or add them, but it doesn't come from experiences of life. they may never even experience ego self. However, they will have access to everything we grow from. A majority make that choice, in my opinion. We are unique in that a part of our soul does incarnate into bodies, and we gain knowledge and experience from that. We will use this we have gained to allow us to maintain higher vibration in the face of challenge. Versus "evolution" I would say that opens more doors for us, as far as diversity of experience, because our experience is direct whereas the experience of beings that choose not to incarnate is indirect (e.g. learning from what we do). It is measurable, but it doesn't necessarily make us more "evolved" than a being that never incarnated to begin with. Just different, and more capable in lower-vibrational denser energies. That becomes something we're specialized in.
edit on 17-2-2019 by Dwagon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join