It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A free hand to strike.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: blackbird9393

Do you think they would immediately resort to nukes?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
No. I think it will be more conventional border skirmishes

a reply to: Sillyolme

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ahh. I didn't realize you were British. Yes, i would agree, there was not much focus on the furure ramifications at the time.

In hindsight, i think it was a mistake to create a "religious state". That is inherently problematic, irrespective of what religion is involved. It leaves outsiders as easy targets for persecution, and unfair treatment. In this case, the fact that it proudly declared itself as the Jewish state, while displacing, and destroying ppl who's ancestors had been there literally thousands of years, made them a lot of enemies.

Don't get me wrong. I support Israel as one of the few dependable allies we (the US) has. At this point, it is what it is.

My country commited genocide on a massive scale during the settling of a vast part of north america, so i really cant complain to much about what someone does in the middle east.

Perhaps it should have been mandatory that a "Constitution" be put in place that had built in safegaurds.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So same crap really?

Must be wanting to replace aging equipment and ammunition.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

None of our respective nations are squeaky clean where history is concerned eh?

The problem is we all live on the same planet but seldom play nice with one another for any length of time.

The problem is the bankers, corporations and military industrial complex that promote the divide and conquer mentality that keeps us apart.

And before them, that was the domain of organized religious practice, still is to some extent.

But it's not race war, its class war, too many have nots, and far too few haves.
edit on 16-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Mach2

That would be the ""apparent"" winners of WW2.

Pretty much my own nation and America.

Ahhhh, you must be Russian then!

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

To be honest i don't think Germany fared too bad out the whole situation long term.

As to Russian, yes they slaughtered the Nazi swine, but at what cost?

The bankers, arms manufacturers, and corporations won that war, everyone else just lost to slightly different degrees.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2In hindsight, i think it was a mistake to create a "religious state". That is inherently problematic, irrespective of what religion is involved. It leaves outsiders as easy targets for persecution, and unfair treatment. In this case, the fact that it proudly declared itself as the Jewish state

A mistake to create Israel? We Brits were going to lose the battle against Germany in WW1 we were stuffed and it was about to be game over, hey we might well bespeaking German for the last 100 years it was all over the Krauts had cut off our Imperial sea supply lines and we couldn't produce munitions.

Along comes Chaim Weizmann a yid scientist in Manchester, he invents synthetic ethyl acetate................... This guy literally saves our ass in WW1 and our factories kick into gear and reel out the munitions

Asked what he wants as a prize for saving Britain in WW1 Weizmann asks for a home for the Jewish people and Lord Balfour comes up with a Declaration to do exactly that when given the chance. Just by chance
General Allenby had kicked the Turkish rulers out of the eastern Med and we had the chance to pay back our debt to Weiuzmann and the rest is history. Certainly no mistake

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Is the Queen not sort of German anyway?

At least the dynasty is of German paternal descent and was originally a branch of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

It's all just swings and roundabouts to these bastards.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Is the Queen not sort of German anyway?

At least the dynasty is of German paternal descent and was originally a branch of the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.

It's all just swings and roundabouts to these bastards.

There's a bit of square head in all of us British people mate, the Saxons invaded us so they tell us post Italian pull out but when it comes to the Royalty a bit more than a bit, like # loads of Kraut in them. Yorkshire has apparently the most Geramn ancestry and does it surprise ? That awesome Yorkshire sense of humour

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It was interesting about the Orange sash thing you mentioned......................... I assume (guess) that is a loyalist / protestant thing in Glasgow. Andy I appreciate that Glasgow is built from peoples coming in from both the Highlands and Ireland. On the Irish side it is sort of common knowledge many Catholics came to Scotland and its emerging industrial towns in the 19th century, out of interest was there also an Ulster Protestant movement to Glasgow? Never heard of anything but you have any knowledge about this being on the scene?

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackbird9393

It’s about to kick right off

just like those 20 armageddons we had in the past 2 years or 3.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Apparently, during the late 19th century many immigrants came to Glasgow from Ireland, of whom around 75% were Roman Catholic and 25% Protestant.

Any indifference there still seemed to have been in Glasgow calmed right down now that we have the likes of ISIS to direct our religious hatred towards. LoL

edit on 16-2-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

I surprised there was never a sequel to the movie.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Thanks for that information Andy
Total eye opener really as everything I've ever read about Irish immigration into Scotland speaks of the Catholics coming there, never realised 25% of people coming over were actually Protestants. Got no Scots blood or relationship whatsoever as far as can gather but always loved researching about Scotland, fascinating place and a people that have given so much to the world plus gave the Italians of back in the day bad nerves

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Pulwama attack: Pakistan warns India against military action www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Two nuclear capable countries going head to head. It’s about to kick right off

What about the the US pulling out of their nuclear agreements with Russia recently

I think that is more alarming, not really more only say that because of the nuclear capabilities of the US and Russia make India and Pakistan look like kids having squabble in the park.

But as other say

this squabble has been going on for some time

lets just hope and for those that do, pray for the best and for cooler heads to prevail.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join