It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Active Shooter in Aurora, IL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Shepard Smith on Fox News sounds like he's almost in tears because a cororner truck just pulled up to the scene.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: ketsuko

I know it has been going on almost an hour, several shot including a police officer.

ATS is slipping if I'm the one breaking these things here.

Either that or these shooting are just so common place they have lost their shock value.

In Illinois, sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: ketsuko

I know it has been going on almost an hour, several shot including a police officer.

ATS is slipping if I'm the one breaking these things here.

Either that or these shooting are just so common place they have lost their shock value.

the local Chicago news stations did not start covering the shooting until 15 minutes ago.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
4 Police Officers shot - in stable condition.

The County Coroner is en route to scene !

Dear God😔

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I hate to differ but the footage shows a blue building to the right. The Henry Pratt location doesn't have a building like that on the side: 641 Archer Ave, Aurora, IL 60506, USA

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Now somebody says the shooter "is no longer a threat" !!

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Area schools - lockdown lifted !!

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Moravec

You are absolutely right.
I corrected my post.

Henry Pratt is definitely the site.
Alro Steel is a first responder Staging Area.

Edit:

edit on 15-2-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Sad as it is we are also talking near Chicago and there we get something like this below... no breaking news, no headlines, no Shepard Smith all teared up etc...

In Chicago, 28 people have been killed this year. That is 32 fewer than 2018

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Henry Pratt Company.
Valve assembly plant.

OMFG

I used to work there! As soon as I saw Aurora, Il I thought of Henry Pratt, or Henry P. Ratt as many refer to it.

I can believe this is happening.

link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh get off it.

Yes, this is a tragedy.

No, it's not a daily occurence.

Go ahead and get your dig in on gun owners, you know you want to.

No need for that, i can offer you some hope and prayers though...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Sad as it is we are also talking near Chicago and there we get something like this below... no breaking news, no headlines, no Shepard Smith all teared up etc...

In Chicago, 28 people have been killed this year. That is 32 fewer than 2018

That's messed up.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I was wrong at first in the other thread, so thanks for the confirmation! Doing this stuff live is messy some times, especially with a horrible situation...

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
CIA Operation again???????

Looks way too familiar

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Could you expand on about why many refer to it as Henry P. Ratt? Might explain a bit of the situation at the location...

edit on 15-2-2019 by Moravec because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
I will never comprehend the mindset it takes to "snap" like this person did. To take anyone's life just because you are disruntled or upset is very troubling to me.

To wish harm on someone just because they are in the way, or to harm innocent bystanders is one of the most vile things humans can do.

Unfortunately, as sad as this is, it's been going on since the dawn of time. Some people just are downright evil and this happens all over the world, every single day.

We may never escape this type of behavior no matter how hard people try to outlaw the tools they use. Darkness will find a way.

But we need to shine brighter and light up the world as best we can so that darkness will not consume us.

I lived in Illinois for a number of years. I suggest you watch a movie called falling down, it's not in Illinois but it pretty much sums up the mindset and how things can snowball.

I'm not saying it is right, but if there were ever a place where you could crack it would be Illinois. The traffic, the taxes, the high cost of living, the cold, the pollution. Add in a horrible boss, some evil coworkers and throw in family stress, the rat race. I can totally see it there. Again, not to say the shooter isn't evil, or mentally ill, but people do crack. I believe sometimes good people may crack when they just can't take it anymore. I think one group of people take their own lives, and a few go the other way. Either way, I feel really bad for everyone caught in this tragedy.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It might be a company owned by a company. There are several businesses owned by the company I work for all under one roof.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: havok
I will never comprehend the mindset it takes to "snap" like this person did. To take anyone's life just because you are disruntled or upset is very troubling to me.

To wish harm on someone just because they are in the way, or to harm innocent bystanders is one of the most vile things humans can do.

Unfortunately, as sad as this is, it's been going on since the dawn of time. Some people just are downright evil and this happens all over the world, every single day.

We may never escape this type of behavior no matter how hard people try to outlaw the tools they use. Darkness will find a way.

But we need to shine brighter and light up the world as best we can so that darkness will not consume us.

I lived in Illinois for a number of years. I suggest you watch a movie called falling down, it's not in Illinois but it pretty much sums up the mindset and how things can snowball.

I'm not saying it is right, but if there were ever a place where you could crack it would be Illinois. The traffic, the taxes, the high cost of living, the cold, the pollution. Add in a horrible boss, some evil coworkers and throw in family stress, the rat race. I can totally see it there. Again, not to say the shooter isn't evil, or mentally ill, but people do crack. I believe sometimes good people may crack when they just can't take it anymore. I think one group of people take their own lives, and a few go the other way. Either way, I feel really bad for everyone caught in this tragedy.

Very well said, with much truth.

Some turn the gun on themselves, while others turn it the other way. This may just end up in suicide yet.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

It might be a company owned by a company. There are several businesses owned by the company I work for all under one roof.

I think Pratt is steel valve assembly.
Steel valve manufacturing may occur in a neighboring business.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Too soon to make Wayne's World jokes?

After reading the title I thought it was a posting on the Aurora CO shooting. Strange synchronicity here.

Oh, also used to work for Alro Steel Corp up here in MI.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join