It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sea of trees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hi all

Being a movie buff and watching films more so than many others I was stunned I had never heard of this movie until I happen to come across it searching through a service I have called catch up TV here in Australia.

Its called Sea of Trees, I watched it just the other day and logging on today I thought it would be an interesting film to suggest to those that have an interest in the paranormal and various faiths that believe in spirits and making contact in ways that maybe blow your minds and convinces you that there is another realm where we or some us go to after our lives end here.

To me the film and certain personal experiences have given me a deeper meaning to life which helps me keep on searching for my purpose of being here in this realm in time frame that my life will encompass.

link to imdb page

www.imdb.com...

a little summary from wiki about the film with no spoilers

The Sea of Trees is a 2015 American drama mystery film directed by Gus Van Sant and written by Chris Sparling. The film stars Matthew McConaughey, Ken Watanabe, Naomi Watts, Katie Aselton and Jordan Gavaris. The film is about an American man who attempts suicide in Mount Fuji's "Suicide Forest" where he meets a Japanese man who is there for the same reason.

the film got to me emotionally and had me crying like a baby at the end even though I had suspected who and what the ending would show during a scene about half way through.

I would love to hear other peoples opinions if they have watched it or if anyone is willing to give it a look.

It seems to have gotten really bad reviews looking through google.

I guess its a film for those that can relate via personal experience that may still be struggling with or holding onto personal issues.

It helped me release emotionally and ease my depression.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Matthew McConaughey is in it? The movie is going to be alright, alright, alright.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Matthew McConaughey is in it? The movie is going to be alright, alright, alright.

Lets get Matt Damon to do an impersonation.

Yeah, Matthew is in it.

Its not a movie for entertainment, hence why it received such bad reviews.

I think its a movie to help people with similar experiences or interest in subjects that the film shows.

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Love the ending... here's the trailer:

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

Love the ending...

a few scenes does give hints,

However once the whole Favorite season and colour came into play right at the end I couldn't hold back my emotions, it was in my opinion brilliant.

posted on Feb, 25 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes indeed. Already rewatched it, the ending still carries an emotional punch.

new topics

top topics

join