It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what UFO disclosure looks like?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I found this in an extremely long blog page by David Clarke who refers to the "truth" about the involvement of DI55:

The UFO Files

I spent many hours working through UFO records at the National Archives in Kew and came across references to the mysterious DI55.

They were a branch of the Defence Intelligence Staff who, since 1967, had been the government agency responsible for the investigation of UFO incidents that might have some bearing on the defence of the realm.

UFO sighting reports were not usually subject to secrecy. But DI55 were also involved in top secret studies of aerodynamic missiles and satellites, so their very existence – and their interest in UFOs – was secret until quite recently.

If the truth really was out there – as The X-Files proclaimed – then I suspected DI55 would know all about it.
So did he find the truth? Apparently he didn't know this when he originally made that blog post in 2017, but he later went back and posted this postscript. My question to you fellow ATSers:

Is this what disclosure looks like?

Postcript:

I eventually discovered the ‘truth’ about what DI55 knew about UFOs. It was hidden in plain sight in one of their own documents from 1995, released by The National Archives in 2017. Sent to the MoD’s UFO desk and signed off by a DI55 Wing Commander it says:

‘I see no reason for continuing to deny that [Defence Intelligence] has an interest in UFOs. However, if the association is formally made public, then the MoD will no doubt be pressurised to state what the intelligence role/interest is. This could lead to disbelief and embarrassment since few people are likely to believe the truth that lack of funds and higher priorities have prevented any study of the thousands of reports received’.

My take is that David Clarke put "truth" in quotes for a reason, but I still thought it was an interesting postscript. If it is the truth and DI55 is correct, few people are likely to believe it.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Disclosure will be one person with some sort of camera being abducted and given "the tour" to technological magic and ships and possibly planets/realm with a conversation/interview with the foreign relations officer of the crew.
This will happen soon. And it will be me. I'm 100% sure I want that to happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Disclosure will be one person with some sort of camera being abducted and given "the tour" to technological magic and ships and possibly planets/realm with a conversation/interview with the foreign relations officer of the crew.

I think he meant disclosure for humankind, not just for you.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

So just to be clear this DI55 is a UK agency, not US?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Very interesting OP. S&F.

...lack of funds and higher priorities... means turning a blind eye to it.

So the 'truth' is there is nothing to disclose.

edit on 9 2 2019 by surnamename57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If they knew about the "sensitive" information contained in the missing files, how could they make the claim, "lack of funds and higher priorities have prevented any study of the . . . reports received"?

It sounds like an excuse to me. Why would they create and fund a department and then not study the reports because of funding and other priorities? They are lying IMO.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Absoph Awking Lutely

They did not have the funds, nor was it seen as a major priority, to investigate what could be critical to national security? Like incursions onto their sovereign airspace?

They know the citizens are their eyes and ears on the ground in case of a foreign entity probing the area or domestic troublemakers acting up.
edit on 2/9/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

interesting, thanks for posting it, i keep an open mind, wouldn't surprise me if aliens were involved with government already but i don't see why the big secret, i still have to work on Monday, aliens around or not. nothing would change for me so long as i am not getting probed or whatever.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse

interesting, thanks for posting it, i keep an open mind, wouldn't surprise me if aliens were involved with government already but i don't see why the big secret, i still have to work on Monday, aliens around or not. nothing would change for me so long as i am not getting probed or whatever.

That's the thing, most could be getting probed or something. Maybe they don't come from space, but come from somewhere else. If that were disclosed things would change.

You don't know what you don't know until it is disclosed

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

edit on 9-2-2019 by Testerntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

true, but i will still have to start my crummy new factory job on monday lol, aliens or extra dimensional beings running around is meh so long as they don't do bad things to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think it would be an announcement from the President something like this from the Pope telling us who they have been dealing with that they INDEED know!

The devil is more intelligent than mere mortals and should never be argued with, Pope Francis has warned.

Satan is not a metaphor or a nebulous concept but a real person armed with dark powers, the Pope said in forthright remarks made during a television interview.

“He is evil, he’s not like mist. He’s not a diffuse thing, he is a person. One must never converse with Satan — if you do that, you’ll be lost,” he told TV2000, a Catholic channel.

“He’s more intelligent than us. He always pretends to be polite, that’s how he enters your mind, but it ends badly if you don’t realize what is happening in time. (We should tell him) go away!” Source

www.catholicsarenotchristians.com...
edit on 9-2-2019 by SeaWorthy because: link

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

My take is that David Clarke put "truth" in quotes for a reason, but I still thought it was an interesting postscript. If it is the truth and DI55 is correct, few people are likely to believe it.

Believe what that people would never accept that :

The Condign report’s author decided UAPs were real but not ET spacecraft. He came to believe they were ‘atmospheric plasmas’.

And that plasma couldn't be a form of life as we know it ?

I know it's difficult to investigate something that can't be hold or contained or even used for millitary purposes.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

This could lead to disbelief and embarrassment since few people are likely to believe the truth that lack of funds and higher priorities have prevented any study of the thousands of reports received’.

Clarke's been ahead of the curve, compared to most people, for years. The above quote is a tidy link to the more well known phrase, 'No defence significance.' It's not like the MOD ever defined UFO sighting reports as insignificant rather than finding no convincing evidence that UFOs posed a threat to national security.

No surprises here to see budgets dictating priorities and also the treacherous pitfalls of engaging with PR. Who can blame them? At the same time, the quote implies there would be interest if funding was available. Then again, the heyday of UFO reports seems to have passed which makes the context more redundant.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

wtf this has to do with UFOs?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Don't 'want' it otherwise the Universe will have you continually 'wanting' it and never achieving it. You must determine IT WILL HAPPEN NOW. Leonardo DaVinci disapeared for two years and when he reappeared he was armed with all kinds of CRAZY inspector gadget ideas that he eventually drew/published and (some) built; helicopter, and tank being just two.
edit on 9-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

Some people have a little comprehension problem.
Think it over I am sure you will get i

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

So just to be clear this DI55 is a UK agency, not US?
That's how I interpreted it.

originally posted by: 0bserver1
And that plasma couldn't be a form of life as we know it ?

We've studied life on earth, so that is the basis for "life as we know it", and as far as I'm aware, no plasma life forms have been documented. Ball lightning was finally scientifically documented for the first time, but with no evidence yet it was "alive" in any way. For life not as we know it, we would first have to define "life" and that's not such an easy thing to do even for life as we know it. We know a lot more about viruses than we do about atmospheric plasmas such as ball lighting, but we can't seem to decide if viruses are a life form or not:

Are Viruses Alive?

First seen as poisons, then as life-forms, then biological chemicals, viruses today are thought of as being in a gray area between living and nonliving: they cannot replicate on their own but can do so in truly living cells and can also affect the behavior of their hosts profoundly. The categorization of viruses as nonliving during much of the modern era of biological science has had an unintended consequence: it has led most researchers to ignore viruses in the study of evolution. Finally, however, scientists are beginning to appreciate viruses as fundamental players in the history of life.

Also it's hard to take the Condign report seriously, read the thread Isaac Koi made about it; I agree with most of what he says, it's deeply flawed. The Condon report has its own flaws but one of them was to admit a shallow knowledge of atmospheric electricity as a possible area that might need further research:

Condon Committee Report

the Report noted that there were gaps in scientific knowledge in the fields of "atmospheric optics, including radio wave propagation, and of atmospheric electricity" that might benefit from further research in the UFO field.

originally posted by: Kandinsky

This could lead to disbelief and embarrassment since few people are likely to believe the truth that lack of funds and higher priorities have prevented any study of the thousands of reports received’.

Clarke's been ahead of the curve, compared to most people, for years. The above quote is a tidy link to the more well known phrase, 'No defence significance.' It's not like the MOD ever defined UFO sighting reports as insignificant rather than finding no convincing evidence that UFOs posed a threat to national security.
I remember seeing US officials make a similar assessment, that whatever they are they don't seem to be hostile and the research didn't seem to be productive, so it wasn't so much that there weren't funds to do research, but rather the implication was that the funds were wasted because they didn't add to scientific knowledge of the phenomenon.

originally posted by: humanoidlord

I read some material a long time ago that some people thought UFOs and alien abductions were the modern versions of entities in folklore like faeries but they were just more modernized to fit with the space age, being aliens instead of faeries or demons. Jacques Vallee wrote a book on that subject called "Passport to Magonia: On UFOs, Folklore, and Parallel Worlds". I had almost forgotten about that idea and I thought most people had, until the NY Times article on the AATIP came out. Then I read this from George Knapp and I was somewhat shocked by what it said. I'm still not sure whether to believe this or not but if true it definitely makes a link between invisible sky friends, underground enemies, and the UFO topic, even if only an imaginary one.

I-Team: UFO study focused on U.S. military encounters

Las Vegas businessman Robert Bigelow, whose aerospace facility housed the UFO study team, says he signed a strict non-disclosure agreement and cannot discuss the findings. Reid says the study produced voluminous reports but was canceled because of fears within the intelligence community, fear not only that the story would leak out, but fear based on religious beliefs who felt that UFOs might be satanic.

Reporter George Knapp: "Did you hear that, that it's evil?

Harry Reid: "Yes. I think there are a lot of people who don't like it for a number of reasons and religious views. It didn't fit with what they wanted to spend money on."
I've had a lot of thoughts on UFOs, but the idea that they are satanic never really occurred to me. It still hasn't, though now I can say I'm aware other people might think of them in such a way, or apparently that's the implication by George Knapp.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

We've studied life on earth, so that is the basis for "life as we know it", and as far as I'm aware, no plasma life forms have been documented.

The definition " life " itself will one day be more refined to a broader definition.

There are articles about plasma crystals and dusty plasmas that reorganised themselves and create helices.

Scientists who've studied them described as if they were alive when working on dusty plasma and plasma crystals.

They also describe as it to be the creation of all life .
But they don't awknolegde it to be a form of life.

Whatever it is its reacting with carbon based lifeforms as ourselves here on earth and they do it intelligently imho.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Since every government only discloses what is true, obviously, when they disclose aliens, it will be true, as well!!

I can't wait for the 'disclosure' of aliens, can you?

edit on 10-2-2019 by turbonium1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join