It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clintons Second Term the Best Economy of my Lifetime

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

But it was still all one huge bubble. Borrowed money chasing unicorns. It ended as badly as it began though. I feel we are in a very similar situation right now.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Yeah, that is what I remember it like also. The economy during the Honorable Mr. Clinton's second term was great.

The turning point though was when he signed the legislation repealing the Glass- Steagall act. I kind of felt like that was going to become a mistake at the time, and yeah, things went downhill from there. I don't actually blame Mr. Clinton for that, because it was handed to him like that to sign (Bill Clinton didn't study or know much about economics...), and he just signed it, but that was the high water mark of the economy in the United States as I also saw it, and it has gone down from there, forever since.

edit on 9-2-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added a few spicy words

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This is why any country that decides to leave the world bank becomes immediate targets for disruption, invasion and destruction.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Clinton is one of those selected presidents... a puppet given the highest office because he will do what "they"say. After the country being robbed from all its riches there will come a time when tptb will make the civillians work upto the moment the country is healthy again. That has little to do with clinton...could have been any uneducated person.

Now with a healthy country ...which is done by hardworking tax-payers there is a bank filled with money to be robbed again. Tptb will put plan b into action to rob the country blind again. Then a new wonderful president will come and make the nation healthy again. Guess what will happen next..?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: JinMI

NAFTA?

The best economy in my lifetime occurred before NAFTA had any real effect.

Well , there you go
You have just killed your own thread

And your post right below did not help to revive it.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: JinMI

NAFTA?

The best economy in my lifetime occurred before NAFTA had any real effect.

Well , there you go
You have just killed your own thread

And your post right below did not help to revive it.

It seems to me the Chinese pegging the Yuan 6 to 1 against the dollar was much more significant than NAFTA. A CEO can get 6 Chinese workers for 1 American worker. Maybe 5 if you take into account the cost of overseas shipping. This is why all the factories closed in Mexico and we have an immigration problem.

But I agree with you. The Republicans should never have put that sell-out-our-country legislation on Clinton's desk for dufus to sign in the first place!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

But it was still all one huge bubble. Borrowed money chasing unicorns. It ended as badly as it began though. I feel we are in a very similar situation right now.

So essentially what you are saying there is no hope what-so-ever. No matter what, the American people simple are not capable of producing enough wealth to meet their own needs.

I just can't imagine we as a people are not capable of producing enough wealth for everyone to pay off our debts. I think the system is rigged so we have forever debt.

Maybe if we can get babies to stop eating so we can finally pay off the national debt.

edit on 10-2-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
the biggest and only reason that the Clinton Administration had a Positive (marginally positive) Economy was because he was fortunate to have been in office when the Deep State decided it was time to Turn lots of Military Bases over to the local Municipalities thus creating Trillions of newly created Taxable Properties
(the pre-closure military facilities had a net Cost to maintain prior to becoming a Tax Revenue Source under Clinton)

-So His 'Surpluses' were just a one-time thing which I am certain was set-up to be exploited by the Mega-Rich wayyy before the general public got wind of the anticipated Military Base Closings~

'Loral Space' was another windfall for Clinton personally, but the Rocket orbit insertion technology sold to China was not considered a 'strategic' & therefore Top-Secret kind of thing according to the puppet masters or front-man Slick Willy

we need thousands more watchmen on the boards to remind the public of 'stuff'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join