It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clintons Second Term the Best Economy of my Lifetime

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I agree.
He didn't rock the boat with stupid pet projects.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Bill overall wasn't that bad domestically (other than NAFTA and the assault weapons ban).

He was more of a "go along and get along" president and for the most part this term was "status quo".

Here is history.... a video on c-span of that monumental event. It was far from perfect legislation but it changed telecommunications and the internet forever (and for the better) killing off the ILEC monopolies which were resisting innovation and change.... of course why wouldn't they?

The ILEC's were charging companies a hundreds to thousands of $ a month of T-1 and T-3's, of course they fought tooth and nail against DSL. Each DSL connection to a business cost them hundreds a month in revenue.

President Clinton signs the Telecommunications Act of 1996
www.c-span.org.../president-clinton-signs-telecommunications-act-1996

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yea, Clinton was awesome! Wonder why it's so hard to find products made in the USA and Walmart is full of Made in China? Those who WERE the middle class Thank you Bill Clinton....

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Bill Clintons Second Term the Best Economy of my Lifetime

Sure if you ignore the world trade center attack,the Cole,the Repeal of Glass Stegall, the 3 card monte with the budget 'surplus', and the dot com bubble.

Best economy of my lifetime, I guess between cheating on his wife and running this country in to the ground.

LOOOOL.

What a load of horse snip with a double shot of bullsnip.

I never cheated on my wife.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So if signing an Act can create the best economy in my lifetime then you have to admit government policy is capable of making the economy better?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

BC sure the hell did.

Back when cheating was cool.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: infolurker

So if signing an Act can create the best economy in my lifetime then you have to admit government policy is capable of making the economy better?

You are seeing it now... Tax cuts have given corporations tons of money to do stock buybacks which is causing an artificial stock market boom and economic bubble.

I will freely admit when you remove negative regulations, disband monopolies, and promote fair trade policies and have competitive tax rates that the economy can boom.

Remember, many "regulations" are written by lobbyist to protect their revenues, increase their monopoly status, and push down their competition.

Trashing negative regulations alone and taking on monopoly status (example Pharmaceutical Monopoly) can create prosperity through competition and innovation.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

That one industry allowed for them all to be more effecient. It helped create new analystics and logistics that streamlined industry.
edit on 2/9/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

BC sure the hell did.

Back when cheating was cool.

Its still cool, just not for conservatives it seems.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

If your talking about Trump.

He was a D before he saw the light.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I vividly remember that time, and yes it was very good financially. What I also remember is talking to coworkers about jobs starting to go to India. I worked in a call center at the time, they whittled us down from around 300 workers to 4. Somehow I was part of that 4. You never know bizarre until you work in a gigantic call center that used to be filled with people, and now there are only 4 of you. creepy! I knew then, it was all downhill.

In hindsight, I don't care how good the economy or my personal finance was, the the Clintons were and are truly evil people.
You don't have to believe in conspiracies to know that they were responsible for some real atrocities during that time.

I also remember Bill Clinton saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

I believed him. I really did. I felt like that Monica was trying to bamboozle him. When she brought the dress out. My naive self forever thought of politicians differently.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yes that was a very good economy.

Definitely needs to be studied. The only bad thing was the .com burst. We're talking economy here and nothing else.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This is just another example of, everything was better up until 9/11 happened.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Clinton was a crook then, as he still is today.......

www.freedomworks.org...

"Clinton’s lock-box plan is nothing more than a scheme to use more than $3 trillion in Social Security surpluses to buy down federal debt. In exchange, the Social Security trust fund gets another $3 trillion worth of IOUs. To be sure, most Americans would rather pay down the debt than use Social Security’s surpluses to fund pork barrel projects. But make no mistake, once that money is spent – to buy down debt or fund new programs – it will not be there to cover Social Security’s long-term liabilities.

"But Clinton’s plan is likely to appeal to most Americans because it plays to their desire to reduce the national debt and it takes advantage of their misperceptions (as well as the media’s) of Social Security’s fictional bookkeeping system. The bottom line is that adding $3 trillion in IOUs to the Social Security trust fund, as the president’s plan would do, can make the system look healthier on paper, but it does not create any real assets that can be drawn down to cover the system’s shortfalls. "

So it may seem the THEIF was making your life easier, he was smiling with Killary, raiding your future and your children's and for decades to come, all Americans.

SMOKE & MIRRORS my friend....not good

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If you were in the military Bill's years were not good...just saying. For Bill it was pure luck he was President for the .com explosion, and bad luck for Bush to walk into the collapse.

edit on 9-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Your talking about the Greenspan years, the Fed collusion, crooked Clintons and your 'good time'.... think about how it was manufactured.....

basic...... livi'n high on stolen corrupt money.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Definitely needs to be studied. The only bad thing was the .com burst. We're talking economy here and nothing else.

Try telling people who lived in Steel Country how Clintons economy was good. He sold our steel mills and tech to China, our steel mills shut down and we are now known as the rust belt! Yep. Thanks Bill Clinton. Worse yet, he allowed the steel mills to screw over the retirees out of their pensions!

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You got about 10 years on me. But I learned early on associating one person with the economy is incorrect thinking. With entities like the federal reserve that have the power to print money out of thin air, and devalue/value the dollar at will the person in the Whitehouse had minimal powers.

The reason the economy was better is because the dollar was worth more. Not because of Bill Clinton or his horrible trade deals. NAFTA and GATT gutted our economy after he left office. He is part of the problem not the solution OP.

The ones of us still working have seen increased income and lower taxes under Trump. This whole thread strikes me as an attempt to prop up a failed president to try and discredit a succeeding one.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: amazing

Try telling people who lived in Steel Country how Clintons economy was good. He sold our steel mills and tech to China, our steel mills shut down and we are now known as the rust belt! Yep. Thanks Bill Clinton. Worse yet, he allowed the steel mills to screw over the retirees out of their pensions!

Yeah, and that's the problem with any economy. There is always a sector/location/industry/city or demographic that suffers. I'm talking about overall. For most of us the economy was good. For most of us the economy was good under Obama and is good under Trump. It doesn't mean people aren't hurting now, though.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

We were in a boom when Clinton was Prez.

Things have changed a lot since then. See 9/11.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join