It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta & Coke want you to flirt on a plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

"Delta and Coca-Cola are apologizing for napkins that encourage passengers to give fellow flyers their phone numbers.
The Diet Coke-branded napkins read, "because you are on a plane full of interesting people and hey ... you never know."
On the back of each napkin are spaces to write a name and phone number. The backs also include a suggestion: "be a little old school. write down your number and give it your plane crush. you never know ..."

What in the Sam hill? Can Delta and Coke get together and do something people actually want, like make the airplane seats bigger?

These napkins are creepy! I can't stand flying, and getting a creepy napkin would only make it worse!
Years ago I was at the airport, with my 2 year old toddler. A pilot came over and handed me his card with his number on it and told me if I'm ever in Dallas to give him a call. I stood there dumbfounded. I had my baby with me, now that kind of behavior is being encouraged?
We've heard stories of men molesting people on planes, now we are encouraging this?

This is what an airplane napkin should say:

Hey: Maybe next time use more deodorant

Hey: Ever heard of mouthwash

Hey: Were you raised in a barn, put your shoes on

Hey: Get Breathe Right stips next time

Hey: Taking someone's arm rest isn't cool

Hey: are you that kids parent or what?

Hey: do not touch your body parts to my body parts

Hey: Maybe babies shouldn't fly

Hey: mind your own business and stop looking at my phone

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I think they should say

Hopefully, your pilot is stable and not going through bouts of dark depression.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I think they should say

Hopefully, your pilot is stable and not going through bouts of dark depression.

Funny you mention that. I always feel better when the pilot looks normal/happy!!

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.cbsnews.com...

"Delta and Coca-Cola are apologizing for napkins that encourage passengers to give fellow flyers their phone numbers.
The Diet Coke-branded napkins read, "because you are on a plane full of interesting people and hey ... you never know."
On the back of each napkin are spaces to write a name and phone number. The backs also include a suggestion: "be a little old school. write down your number and give it your plane crush. you never know ..."

What in the Sam hill? Can Delta and Coke get together and do something people actually want, like make the airplane seats bigger?

These napkins are creepy! I can't stand flying, and getting a creepy napkin would only make it worse!
Years ago I was at the airport, with my 2 year old toddler. A pilot came over and handed me his card with his number on it and told me if I'm ever in Dallas to give him a call. I stood there dumbfounded. I had my baby with me, now that kind of behavior is being encouraged?
We've heard stories of men molesting people on planes, now we are encouraging this?

This is what an airplane napkin should say:

Hey: Maybe next time use more deodorant

Hey: Ever heard of mouthwash

Hey: Were you raised in a barn, put your shoes on

Hey: Get Breathe Right stips next time

Hey: Taking someone's arm rest isn't cool

Hey: are you that kids parent or what?

Hey: do not touch your body parts to my body parts

Hey: Maybe babies shouldn't fly

Hey: mind your own business and stop looking at my phone

Lighten up, Francis....

Just trying to make flying less stressful / marketing campaign. I guess they didn't take into account people getting easily offended.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Why not things that are helpful, like?

"Do you know your flight number for your transfer"?
"Don't forget your carry on in the upper storage compartment"
"Have you tried one of our other beverage options?" (this is where Coke could be pushing it's other brands for marketing).
"Our flight staff is happy to assist you if needed"
"The barf bags are right in front of you" (my favorite one)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

"Lighten up, Francis....

Just trying to make flying less stressful / marketing campaign. I guess they didn't take into account people getting easily offended."

They failed, it was a horrible marketing campaign.
Nope, not going to lighten up on that one, it's creepy.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is the type of crap before the internet people would have laughed and joked about with their friends and forgotten about pretty quickly. Now apparently it's news...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If Delta wanted a good marketing slogan for the back of its napkins it could have said something like “Delta, we aren’t United”.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sounds kind of creepy to me to be giving out phone numbers to strangers. I flew a few times and made conversation with some people on the flights, I even had a stewardess fly up and land in my lap when lightning struck the engine. I guess it was a charge that flew off the nose and hit the engine and not lightning, but I really enjoyed the stewardess sitting in my lap with her arms around my neck. She was so embarrassed afterwards though and kept apologizing. I should have had one of those napkins back then, maybe I could have got her number.

I do not have many interesting things that happened in my life, but that one was a doozie.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Just to point out, most men do not molest people.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Someone tell that to Gillette.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Wrong. Most men have molested themselves hundreds, if not 10's of thousands of times.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Wrong. Most men have molested themselves hundreds, if not 10's of thousands of times.

But you’re forgetting, men aren’t people.,...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

And in tomorrow's news man successfully sues himself for sexually harassing himself hundreds if not thousands of times.

top topics

join