It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anybody remember this urban legend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's not the paranormal kind, just one of those stories that people hear and then re-tell as though it happened to them or someone they know. All I remember is that is ends with some horses being shot accidentally by people who had been paid to do some job or other...possibly by a farmer/the owner of the horses?
I believe I heard one of the contestants on the UK version of Big Brother telling the story in the mid to late 90's, and it was quite popular during that time. I heard a lot of people telling this same story as though they were involved in it. But I've completely forgotten the details of the story. Just that it ends with some horses getting shot because of some misunderstanding, possibly one of phonetic coincidence like the Porch/Porsche joke/urban legend

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AshleighMScott

The farmer was quite fed up that every opening day of deer season, his livestock got shot by over excited hunters who shot at anything with four legs.

So the night before opening day, he painted labels on his cows: COW and on his horses: HORSE.

The next day, he was glad to see that his cows and horses had not been shot... but his JOHN DEERE tractor was not so lucky.
--------------

That's the closest I could think of. Told by my dad about 30 years ago.

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AshleighMScott

I dont recall hearing anything near to that but I will definitely watch this topic to see what comes up

posted on Apr, 12 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
could be a varient of this

i cannot find a match in my urban ledgens book - but hey - theres a lot oout there

new topics

top topics

join