It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing 4/11 robot grandma. Possible lead. Get digging

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Ok, so I stumbled across this 411 case a few days ago and there are several videos on youtube about it, but I'll post one of the shorter versions. www.youtube.com...
To break it down, a 3 year old boy went missing in the wilderness near to Mount Shasta and was found 5 hours later. He claimed a replica version of his grandma, who looked like his real grandma but was actually a "robot"; took him to a cave, where there were "other robots" who were not moving? (possible corpses?) were there along with purses and guns covered in dust (trophies?).
There are an unlimited number of bizarre possibilities and most of those I can't even comprehend but IMO the first few that come to mind are

1. The kid experienced something extremely traumatic and his mind converted that experience into something else.
2. Bigfoot has mental powers that can produce hypnotic effects on people, perhaps children are able to recover much of the memories although distorted. The few adults who go missing in national parks and turn up again alive are confused and can't remember where they went. There was another child who was found within the last couple of weeks who said a "bear" took him and sheltered him www.youtube.com...
3. Abducted and drugs were used, leaving a distorted memory.

However something even stranger has emerged, although I do not understand what exactly the links are here BUT there certainly seems to be a connection.

Watch this
www.youtube.com...

Now if you read the comments many of them state that they were exposed to this movie in school, which seems ODD to say the least

"I remember watching this in elementary. And I thought it was weird back then I think it's weird now lol I remember the grandmother was like a robot and she didn't sleep but she had to plug yourself in at night to charged up, then the little girl went downstairs seeing the grandmother in Rocking Chair went up to her whispering her ear saying you're not my real grandmother, then the robot grandmother play a recording of the little girl saying that over and over..."

Many of the comments on the IMDB site are in agreement
www.imdb.com...

"Creepy, but I want to see it again
OmegaWolf74719 June 2005
I remember seeing this movie back in the 80s when they showed it to us in grade school. I remember it being rather creepy, like when the grandmother plugged herself into the wall and rocked back and forth. It made this loud noise that bugged the hell out of me.

However with the passing of time and me being an adult now, I'd like to give this movie a second look and see how I'd like it now. I hated some movies as a little kid that I think I might like now and loved some as a kid that I don't like anymore. Strange how time does that. I'm pretty sure I'd like this movie a lot now because I dig sci-fi. The movie did have some very touching moments in it."

Creepy, yes. Especially to impressionable children.
jmeln29 March 2006
I can't give this movie a horrible rating, since there's so much to it that I can't recall. I can't give it a fantastic rating for the same reason. However, it has stuck with me since I saw it (at a very young age). The most enduring part of the movie is the image of the Grandmother, plugged into the wall, rocking in her chair. I remember having nightmares that I would find out my Gramma wasn't real, just because of this movie. Twenty plus years later, I stumbled upon the short story by Ray Bradbury. A few paragraphs in, I began to feel an eerie sense of deja vu. Here again was that image I'd been trying to block from my mind for years. The short story carries the sense of menace much better than the movie. There, it seemed incongruous.

Not for small children
mugbeton20 June 2005
Although we didn't know each other at the time, me and my wife were in Kindergarten when this movie came out. Somehow this movie got in to our classrooms and freaked us out. We both went home thinking our Grandmothers were going to be turned into robots after they die. Then delivered back to us in a coffin by helicopter so that they could take care of us for the rest of our lives.

It wouldn't have been so bad if our teachers offered any sort of explanation after the film.

All in all the movie isn't bad. I recommend it to anyone that is into sci-fi Twilight Zone type of stuff.

This movie was scary.
veggie30004 December 2004
I remember watching this movie at school when I was in junior kindergarten. It gave me nightmares for weeks and I was afraid to go to sleep at night. I don't think this is a good family movie for young children. I still get a feeling of dread when I remember how much this movie scared me, even though I remember very little of the actual movie. I think there was a part where the girl was choosing eyes, that were moving along a conveyor belt or something. The eyes would only come by once, and if they weren't selected, there would never be another chance to select them. There was also a part where the electric grandmother dispensed orange juice out of her finger.

soooo creepy!!
yesvirginia19 May 2006
"great family film"??!!??!! are you kidding me? the whole concept is creepy, and there are some scenes -- that factory where they build the grandmother, and especially the grandmother plugged-in in the attic (or basement?) -- that I can't erase from my brain. I'll admit I was kind of a 'fraidy cat as a kid, but I had nightmares about this movie. Seriously, the whole electric grandmother thing has creeped me out for years. But no one understood because no one I know remembers seeing this movie! Anyone else haunted by this movie? It's probably not so scary now, but then again (and maybe it's just me) the whole human- looking-android-as-replacement-for-a-loved-one concept is pretty creepy in and of itself -- see also Haley Joel (& Jude) in A.I. (or don't, it's not so good). I'll take R2D2 and C3PO any day, thanks.

What was I thinking?
alanmora26 November 2007
I recently came across a copy of this at a convention and seemed to recall, as a child, watching this movie several times and enjoying it. What was I thinking? This might help to explain my depraved sense of film enjoyment as an adult. I have an even better question...what was Maureen Stapleton thinking when she agreed to make this atrocity? What was Ray Bradberry thinking (or smoking) when he wrote it? A robot is sent in to take care of three poor kids who just lost their mother. What sort of message does this send to kids? "If you're mother dies, don't worry about it because she can easily be replaced by a robot who squirts milk and orange juice from her fingers and can recite to you every word you have ever uttered your entire life" Now don't get me wrong I have a great deal of respect for Ray Bradberry and his work as well as the work of Maureen Stapleton but who told her that she could sing? They should be ashamed of themselves! In this movie she sounds more like someone who gargled with razor blades! There is a reason why films like this one are lost, they should remain that way! Do NOT show this movie to your kids or they will try to plug grandma into the wall at night when she goes to sleep!

edit on 6-2-2019 by Counterintelligence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Counterintelligence

Now check this out phoenixlearninggroup.com... This is the organisation who produced the movie. It makes films for schools. Again the whole idea of making a Ray Bradbury story into a "kids movie" just seems ODD. So I checked through the rest of their back catalogue
phoenixlearninggroup.com...
You should check these out to see if you can find anything unusual for children's educational material. Maybe it's just me.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just FYI the actual grandmother in the first story you refer from missing 411 shared her experience some time ago here on ATS.

Thread

Don't know if she is still active, or if the claim is true that she is this grandmother, but worth a look.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

He claimed a replica version of his grandma, who looked like his real grandma but was actually a "robot"; took him to a cave, where there were "other robots" who were not moving? (possible corpses?) were there along with purses and guns covered in dust (trophies?).

Perhaps the little boy was being treated for brain cancer with radiation in an attempt to thaw his corpus callosum?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Now going back to the movie clip again www.youtube.com...
Notice how the robot grandma is delivered by a helicopter in an egyptian sarcophagus, how weird is that! Because the Keksburg UFO was said to have hieroglyphics on it and so did the Rendlesham UFO. Also from the video, the name on the helicopter is Fantoccini Ltd which apparently means "little puppets" in Italian. Stranger still, I checked to see if there were any websites with the same name and I got this high strangeness
www.fantocciniltd.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Thanks for that link, I have not been on the site for a while, so missed this.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I get a VERY VERY strong feeling that what we know as witchcraft/occult is involved here more than any actual ET.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Mt Shasta is a place of high weirdness. This is a really odd story - thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Domain Name: FANTOCCINILTD.COM
Registry Domain ID: 2016922258_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: www.godaddy.com...
Updated Date: 2019-02-04T17:45:44Z
Creation Date: 2016-03-29T16:45:21Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2020-03-29T16:45:21Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 480-624-2505

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Mt Shasta....

A site I go to, still active, www.whipnet.com...

Is where I first read about Mount Shasta. It was described as a place where ante-diluvians beings resided deep within.

In some small way, I would like to go and meet the Telosians.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
Just FYI the actual grandmother in the first story you refer from missing 411 shared her experience some time ago here on ATS.

Thread

Don't know if she is still active, or if the claim is true that she is this grandmother, but worth a look.

I had forgotten about this story but it Looks like she posted recently so she is still active.
Feb, 1 2019
www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, it looks like she is being asked to do some type of documentary on it. Which it would be interesting to watch, but likely she will have to sign a NDA and keep quite till than.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

What does this mean?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

Thread

Last post by her was feb 1 2019, so looks like.

Interesting... weird, but interesting. Wonder what the kid has to say about it now.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think the UFO phenomena and I'll include humanoid robots in this, that it is likely NOT ET but rather something linked to the occult. This has come up many times including the Vril society and it's connection to UFO's.

21.20-22.20 among other things Holt mentions witchcraft www.youtube.com... which is funny, considering we are sold the Rendlesham incident as "alien". Clearly Holt thinks witchcraft may well have been involved.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Counterintelligence

What does this mean?

It's the domain registration info. I think, as the term is used a fair bit, it's not related. The site appears to be some new age weird stuff, a video you cannot interact with, and I didn't let it play to fruition. about the chosen few, god, the usual stuff.

But the whois info... website was registered in 2016, still active today, expires in 2020. Not much else besides the registrar.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Deffo strange considering "little puppets" meaning. Jacques Vallee theorises that this phenomena is contolled by a deceptive force that manipulate's society. I am inclined to agree.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I didn't let the whole thing play out either and also thought it was weird that you can't interact with the site. I think this site should get investigated further though.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ok firstly some of those “educational” videos for school children are weird/creepy AF! Like “The Art of Belly Dancing” why in the world would grade school children need to know anything about belly dancing?!? That seems wildly inappropriate in my opinion. Secondly I never saw that “Electric Grandmother” movie but being introduced to it here has recalled a memory of a dream I once had. I was devastated when my Grandfather was killed in a single car accident on a lonely dirt road in the backwoods of SC. Not sure how long it was after that happened but I remember having a dream where he was present but it wasn’t really him and I could tell that even though it looked like him he just wasn’t the same. His actions were very stiff and robotic like and it made me uncomfortable. I remember thinking along the lines of “ I don’t care how much it looks like him it’s not him and I don’t like this new version. I want my real Grandfather back.” I also remember that incident that spurred you to write this post, I actually first read about it here. That whole account gave me the willies.
edit on 6-2-2019 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2019 by RainbowPhoenix because: (Typos)

edit on 6-2-2019 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Actual picture of the child in this video at 3:23

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

I agree about the "educational" books. I noted a few with witches in the titles and one about Freud and his discredited theories on sex (so why push this on kids?). The logo with the phoenix also looks satanic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join