It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard prof doesn't back down from claims that alien spacecraft may be zipping past Jupiter orbit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Marma

So you're saying... that the scientific "how" is fueled thanks to the religious/metaphysical "why"?
That is not what I said.

That is, that the underlying motivations of humans are metaphysical?
Nor that. I said that metaphysics has nothing to do with science. Nor does it have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

edit on 2/10/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk
a reply to: Phage

I seek opposing views. Rational ones, that is.

It would be easy to believe that none exist that you have found though.

I've found plenty. Some on ATS, even.

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I screwed up real bad.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sounds like sh* starting to hit the fan. People are getting fed up with the secrets. Whether or not Oumama is natural, or not, is beside the point (I actually lean towards natural). I think the effect of a prominent person making statements like this is that it will open people up to the possibility more. That's a good thing.

I will pray for his career.

Aside: Oumama did make me realize something - if we need to get the hell out of dodge before we have interstellar travel, we should hitch a ride on something like that.
edit on 14-2-2019 by Dwagon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwagon
Aside: Oumama did make me realize something - if we need to get the hell out of dodge before we have interstellar travel, we should hitch a ride on something like that.
You mean get out of the solar system by hopping on a rock that will take 23,000 years to reach the edge of the solar system 2 light years away?

That seems pretty slow for interstellar travel but still with our current technology we couldn't even catch it. The fastest spacecraft we launched is less than half the average speed of Oumuamua.

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArbitrageurYou mean get out of the solar system by hopping on a rock that will take 23,000 years to reach the edge of the solar system 2 light years away?

That seems pretty slow for interstellar travel but still with our current technology we couldn't even catch it. The fastest spacecraft we launched is less than half the average speed of Oumuamua.

Hell yeah. That's what I mean. For a "save the species" kind of thing (Any volunteers for procreation? haha)
Send a bunch of fast as hell probes to start dropping supplies there, a dome with the ability to grow food and recycle material from the comet.

Miserable existence, but I think it would be workable.
edit on 14-2-2019 by Dwagon because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join