It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Systemic World is Obsolete

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The title speaks for itself. For example: Cannabis is legal no questions asked for 21+ in Washington State. I am currently not using it, but I do have the Cannabis industry and a seed to sale tracking manual published, definately on a resume.

I might have to take away these items on a resume to get a decent paying job. The sad part about that is a 3+ year void in work history. I love the industrial world, worked on the Railroads, spent a bit of time in Excavation and Grading Construction. Great paying jobs, but there is the issue of Cannabis with these industries. An alcohol habit is no problem, an alcoholic can get a CDL and live a DOT approved life.

I traveled around the country on the railroad job, and was playing it really stupid about Cannabis in my life to maintain the formality, my manager actually passed away from Leukemia a while back and there was no conversations about Cannabis flower or oil capable of saving his life, let alone taking the pain of the ailment and treatments.

There is always the possibility of federal acceptance to enable the full sense of truth wherever I go or whatever industry I choose to work in, but there is a part of me that doesn't exist, and it literally kills the world.

There is a much needed overhaul in acceptance with the truth. Everything could easily be labeled a "Good Ol' Boys Club" with everything acceptable systematically, many issues remain in the dark.

Too many expectations in the wrong direction are caused by the systemic world being obsolete. Many industries suffer as well as the workforce serving them. I could take a drug test and be clean as a whistle, but a reputation gets in the way of consciousness. Very ideological and outdated, in my opinion.
edit on 5-2-2019 by Superunknown528 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Superunknown528
The systemic nature of society is required for civilization to exist. As it has it's basis in unspoken social contracts among those living in it to have some semblance of order. This systemic society as you put it is your peers and their viewpoints, extrapolated beyond and before law. Certainly I too wish society would be accepting of more freedoms, however unfortunately the more dense a population becomes the more limits to absolute freedom must occur as our freedom ends where another's freedoms begin.

edit on 5-2-2019 by dubiousatworst because: grammar

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Superunknown528

The title is not in the least bit self explanatory, furthermore the statement you make in your OP is entirely inaccurate, for the following reasons:

1)The systemic world as a term, in its use here, is entirely inappropriate. You are not the world, your country is not the world, and the worlds population is not the world. The world is all things pertaining to this planet, be it the very seething core, or the smallest forms of life existing anywhere on the worlds face, or in its depths of ocean, or even deep in the underground places, where myriad life teems unseen and largely unknown, never seeing light, but none the less contributing it is own way to the system which is this world. Its fair to have the systemic world exist as a term, but not a term that describes what you are talking about. So the terminology being used is entirely inappropriate for the conversation you appear to want to have.

2) The structure of society, which is ACTUALLY what you are talking about, is not obsolete, because that structure, like the beings who live within it, can morph and change over time, thereby rendering its obsolescence an impossibility. It may occasionally lag in terms of the speed of its change, relative to the change in those living within it, and in fact this is regularly the case, as those who seem in control of the whole thing, attempt to keep change to a minimum in order to permit the whole to be more easily controlled, but at no time can the whole structure become obsolete at once. Even though the Roman Empire fell, it did not fall because it was ENTIRELY unfit for purpose in terms of its operation as an Empire. It fell because of poor planning on the part of individuals within its upper echelons, people drunk on their own power and deluded into believing the hype regarding their own godhood. But there were functional parts of the Roman Empire, its military, its infrastructural and architectural management, its systems and methods for managing resources, and a whole host of other things about ancient Rome, were spot on. That did not prevent their downfall of course, but there were things about the basic structure of the society which operated for the benefit of everyone living under it. There were many, that did not, but to ignore the things they got right would be as ridiculous as hailing them as if they had never gotten anything wrong.

In more contemporary matters, the ENTIRE fabric of society is not obsolete. There are, however, aspects of it which are nothing more than hold overs from a time gone by, which hold the species back from its best possible speed toward a better future for all, and rather than bleating that the entire thing is obsolete, the way forward is to change the things that make no sense about it, to work hard to do so, to make headway in solving the problem or at least suggesting positive steps forward that could be made to replace the decayed parts of it. Throwing ones hands up and saying "The entire thing is broken" because a few parts need replacing, is exactly as ridiculous as throwing an entire car out because the door speakers have stopped working. It is not obsolete. Its just in need of some retrofitting.

new topics

join