It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support for the Patriot Players Skipping the WH Visit.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Pretty pathetic if you ask me. I've never seen such disrespect for our nation, our president, our flag, our constitution, our values, our democracy and our laws as I have seen from this pitiful stock of human beings since Clinton - Obama. This... This is their legacy.

Congrats freeloaders! You've turned this country to crap. Time to go through another dust bowl, 100X worse than the last and just maybe enough cleansing will be done where the people in this country finally understand all the things that were really important and how they just flushed it all down the toilet.

It's ok... I boycotted the NFL as well after they totally bombed on the Saints. Screw em. Screw the liberal agenda. Screw it all. I'ma crab my lawn chair and my camdin tablets. Can somebody please start the dust bowl already? I'm ready to see the country fiend for it'self for a while. I think 1 year is plenty. Maybe 3 if we really want to thin the herd.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
"Unlike the fools that take a knee in the NFL who end up disrespecting our entire nation and specifically our armed forces"

what... this isn't reality

what the hell kind of hyperbolic statement is that...

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

I am for them. This administration is the craziest in my lifetime. In fact ever

Why? Because it's literally different from every single administration, ever? Don't you think we knew what we voted for when we voted him in?

Sorry bud. It's our turn to show YOU the other side of the coin for a change. You wanted change... You got it. Now you guys piss and moan about it at every turn. Damn... You people act like he's the antichrist or something.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
In a group of 40+ people in America these days, it's a certainty you'll find a some small minded whiny little b*tches.
I suspect that a few of the Patriots will be crying off, but the majority of them will be there.
I found it much funnier that the Rams players said BEFORE the game they wouldn't go if they won.

edit on 5/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: iplay1up2

Really...people screaming about addition to an already built wall is crazy, but things like using the IRS to attack groups, fast and furious gun running, shutting down FOIA etc are normal ops...lol

Even crazier that they were for it before they were against it. Can we please just slap T S out of crazy, now? It would do a world of good. Well... It'll make me feel better anyways.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
These players are protesting because they're racist.

Prove me wrong.

That's right. Oranges are people too!

errrr... wait...

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Metallicus

Meh. Patriots suck. Hope Trump just serves those triskets with chunks of velveta on it.

He should invite the Saints instead. That would be SOOOOOO Priceless! And they would so go, too!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I agree. It is appropriate protest unlike the other.

One is insulting the entire nation that made it possible for them to be so successful and wealthy, but this is valid political protest.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: Edumakated

So instead of grown men crying about you don't want to go to the White House because you don't like Trump, take it as an opportunity to have a productive discussion / meeting.

Second, you are there to celebrate a national win in football. You can put politics aside for one day to celebrate. Why does everything have to be about protesting and politics?

Sport, ever since it became a business, has been used as a political tool.
Dont be foolish.

What? No it hasn't. It's never been political until obama became president.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

except it is the same as every other administration ever

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Really...people screaming about addition to an already built wall is crazy, but things like using the IRS to attack groups, fast and furious gun running, shutting down FOIA etc are normal ops...lol

I didn't get it either. Some people are eaten up with propaganda and lack all self sufficiency of thinking for themselves, independently.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have already read that there are New England Patriots that will be skipping the traditional congratulatory trip to the White House for winning Super Bowl LIII. I am in full support of their decision. Unlike the fools that take a knee in the NFL who end up disrespecting our entire nation and specifically our armed forces (this may be inadvertent, but still a fact for many Americans); declining an invitation to the White House is a fully appropriate form of political protest.

In skipping the White House visit you are showing your disapproval of the Administration in office. It is specific and appropriate and one that I too would avail myself of if the circumstances were reversed. If I had been invited to visit the White House during the Obama Presidency I would have skipped the invitation as well. If you attend you are giving your tacit approval for policies that you don’t support and respect to someone who you don’t believe deserves that respect.

So, I wanted to voice my support for the players skipping their White House visit. Bravo to you for engaging in an appropriate protest and you have my respect (not that you need it). I fully understand your position.

PS I am also happy to take you invitation if you aren’t going. I would love to meet this POTUS.

That is a fantasy living in your head. There is nothing crazy about this administration other than the amount of BS that has been made up about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
, but this is valid political protest.

But we can't figure out what it is they are protesting now... Seems they should at least tell us...

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The greatness of America is that a person can stand, kneel or go to the snack bar during the anthem at a sports event, go to or not go to the White House if the person is on a winning team or be for, against or not care about the whole debate.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Pretty pathetic if you ask me. I've never seen such disrespect for our nation, our president, our flag, our constitution, our values, our democracy and our laws as I have seen from this pitiful stock of human beings since Clinton - Obama. This... This is their legacy.

Congrats freeloaders! You've turned this country to crap. Time to go through another dust bowl, 100X worse than the last and just maybe enough cleansing will be done where the people in this country finally understand all the things that were really important and how they just flushed it all down the toilet.

It's ok... I boycotted the NFL as well after they totally bombed on the Saints. Screw em. Screw the liberal agenda. Screw it all. I'ma crab my lawn chair and my camdin tablets. Can somebody please start the dust bowl already? I'm ready to see the country fiend for it'self for a while. I think 1 year is plenty. Maybe 3 if we really want to thin the herd.

Yeah they dicked the Saints over real good. Some say it's because Goodell wanted to get an LA team in if there was a shot to do so. I noticed that they didn't call the roughing on Brees when his helmet was nearly knocked off after he'd passed the ball. Brady got a 1st and 10 after a Chief brushed his facemask with his thumb, for roughing the passer. Same happened to Burrow, LSU's QB, when they played Central Florida in the Fiesta Bowl. He was hit so hard his jaw was bleeding. Refs have completely sucked all year if you're not the right team.

Anyways, lowest ratings in a decade.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
, but this is valid political protest.

But we can't figure out what it is they are protesting now... Seems they should at least tell us...

I think it has become understood that these "not showing up" actions are a general protest and details are not needed.

I believe the average person can insert their own issue.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
"Unlike the fools that take a knee in the NFL who end up disrespecting our entire nation and specifically our armed forces"

what... this isn't reality

what the hell kind of hyperbolic statement is that...

Gladys Knight summed it up perfectly. Go tell her your news and ask her the same question.

link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Maybe the refs are helping the outcome of the game. Money, money, money.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Hope Trump puts on a major feast with major gifts and awesome entertainment like another Gladys Knight concert so they really enjoy themselves.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Sorry I have to disagree, while they certainly have the right to say no … to me if you have an issue with the administration and have an opportunity to speak with the man running things and instead choose to virtue signal your displeasure rather than try to actually make a difference I have no respect for that.

If you just don't want to go, that is fine... but don't (referring to the players that did) get on twitter and tell me how woke you are and how this is for the little guy bs they typically spout.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join