It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unvaccinated Kids In Mass. Can Seek Immunization Without Parental Permission

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
boston.cbslocal.com... 394ftY2JD7tXYUtMSrXi4crzyExTVH180dQrQbebg&utm_campaign=true_anthem&utm_content=5c58fc3b9ac56400017a2c16&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=social

According to Vaxopedia, there are some states that might allow “mature minors” to consent to vaccines without their parents’ permission, including Massachusetts and Maine.

What is a "mature minor" ?????
I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but either they are children or they are adults, period.
This is a very slippery slope.
This kind of stuff is getting crazy.
If something goes awry who is to blame? My kids can't be vaccinated with the flu shot due to a genetic disposition.
Can you imagine a teen that doesn't know something like that (bad parental communication) and just wants to get the shot because they don't believe their parents etc...

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Probably along the same lines as what constitutes an emancipated minor, or at least I HOPE the qualifiers are similar.

I do agree this is a very slippery slope, but -- and I stress this -- BUT, once they're legally allowed to work and pay taxes at whatever age the state they live in sets, that should also give them a bit more freedom in medical matters, too. It seems a little half-cocked to be allowed to be a taxpaying part of the workforce, but deny medical choices.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It will all be dandy until a kid has an allergic reaction to a vaccine and that will be the end of that.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Probably along the same lines as what constitutes an emancipated minor, or at least I HOPE the qualifiers are similar.

I think the term "mature minor" and emancipated minor are completely different. One is seen as an adult, one is seen as a minor still under the responsibility of parents. At least that's how I read it.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The same age that you are required by law to allow your daughter in to see the dr alone so he or see can recommend birth control... and ask her a bunch of uncomfortable questions about sex without you being there to influence her answer... so around 13 or 14 years old.

Planned parenthood will also pretend to be a friend of yours when they call your parents house to confirm your abortion or birth control appointment at their office... they will go to great lengths to help you hide it all from your parents... but destruction of the family in favor of the nanny state it all just conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What of the childish adults?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This isn’t a bad idea on the surface because I am all about free choice for the individual, however, this has the potential to put adult responsibilities and decision making in the hands of children who may or may not have spent the time researching and weighing all the risks.
edit on 2019/2/5 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This isn’t a bad idea on the surface because I am all about free choice for the individual, however, this has the potential to put adult responsibilities and decision making in the hands of children who may or may not have spent the time researching and weighing all the risks.

I know what you are saying. I guess we have to decide when exactly do we think children can really give "mature" consent? Is it 18 or is it 16, or 13?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I know what you are saying. I guess we have to decide when exactly do we think children can really give "mature" consent? Is it 18 or is it 16, or 13?

And why do they not get full rights as a citizen at 18 instead of 21? I believe all rights and privileges of adulthood should be granted at 18 and they should not have to wait until 21 to be able to drink alcohol. It is one of life's annoying inconsistencies.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And why do they not get full rights as a citizen at 18 instead of 21? I believe all rights and privileges of adulthood should be granted at 18 and they should not have to wait until 21 to be able to drink alcohol. It is one of life's annoying inconsistencies.

I believe you have full rights from the moment of birth.

Anything else, is state regulations.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

"Mature Minor" depends on what the government wants, which in turn depends on what lobbyists want.

18 year old civilian is too young to buy a gun, but it's old enough to sign yourself into slavery where they give you a real assault weapon and send you to kill people you never met.

The medical lobby spends far more money to influence lawmakers than the military lobby. They want to sell their drugs to the widest audience possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yes it is already starting in high school. They are pressuring kids into giving blood. Sure blood donation is a good thing, but it does not belong in school.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The school was constantly trying to convince my granddaughter to get vaccinated even though she had really bad reactions to them, even though her medical records show she is not to take them. She wanted to get one and the parents were not required to sign for her to receive one since she was seventeen. But she had to go to the doctor a month before and the doctor advised her not to take one since she could overreact and die because she was having asthma symptoms and had a history of bad reactions to the flu vaccine. The new doctor asked me if I needed a flu shot even though it clearly stated I cannot take a flu shot, recorded by my last two doctors in my medical records. What if I had misheard him and said ok? Even though it was on my record, if I were to allow it it is not the doctors liability if I died from it.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Or they could have actually "done their research" and realised that their parents are conspiracy loons.
Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
People with suppressed immune systems (like organ transplant recipients and some cancer patients) can't be around people who have recently received live vaccines, of which there are several. So the school system is going to rely on this minor's word that it's okay to get the vax versus the adult who is aware of all medical conditions within the family? Fantastic. I don't see how anything could be dangerous with that.

edit on 7-2-2019 by drussell41 because: lk;lkj;

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41
People with suppressed immune systems (like organ transplant recipients and some cancer patients) can't be around people who have recently received live vaccines, of which there are several. So the school system is going to rely on this minor's word that it's okay to get the vax versus the adult who is aware of all medical conditions within the family? Fantastic. I don't see how anything could be dangerous with that.

You probably won't get many people who are immunosuppressed going to school or outside at all really...

And the kids have possibly spoken to medical professionals who know more about vaccines than their parents who've gleaned their "knowledge" from Google Uni.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You mean like the parents who didn't get their kids vaccinated for the highly contagious measles virus? Because of these idiots, they are putting hundreds of small children in danger, while their own flesh and blood are suffering from the measles.

Amber Gorrow is afraid to leave her house with her infant son because she lives at the epicenter of Washington state's biggest measles outbreak in more than two decades. Born eight weeks ago, Leon is too young to get his first measles shot, putting him at risk for the highly contagious respiratory virus, which can be fatal in small children.

"You know what keeps me up at night?" said Clark County Public Health Director Alan Melnick. "Measles is exquisitely contagious. If you have an undervaccinated population, and you introduce a measles case into that population, it will take off like a wildfire."

www.stripes.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

boston.cbslocal.com... 394ftY2JD7tXYUtMSrXi4crzyExTVH180dQrQbebg&utm_campaign=true_anthem&utm_content=5c58fc3b9ac56400017a2c16&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=social

According to Vaxopedia, there are some states that might allow “mature minors” to consent to vaccines without their parents’ permission, including Massachusetts and Maine.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but either they are children or they are adults, period.
This is a very slippery slope.
This kind of stuff is getting crazy.
If something goes awry who is to blame? My kids can't be vaccinated with the flu shot due to a genetic disposition.
Can you imagine a teen that doesn't know something like that (bad parental communication) and just wants to get the shot because they don't believe their parents etc...

I had not thought of this line of attack. Thank you for raising it. Funny how we sometimes fail to see the perfectly obvious.

However; we should have all seen this coming from a mile off. The powers that should not be able to get away with this but unfortunately the govt is on board with them so it will happen.

It just goes to show much power can be brought to bear when corporate and government power combine to defeat the population.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: chr0naut

You mean like the parents who didn't get their kids vaccinated for the highly contagious measles virus? Because of these idiots, they are putting hundreds of small children in danger, while their own flesh and blood are suffering from the measles.

Amber Gorrow is afraid to leave her house with her infant son because she lives at the epicenter of Washington state's biggest measles outbreak in more than two decades. Born eight weeks ago, Leon is too young to get his first measles shot, putting him at risk for the highly contagious respiratory virus, which can be fatal in small children.

"You know what keeps me up at night?" said Clark County Public Health Director Alan Melnick. "Measles is exquisitely contagious. If you have an undervaccinated population, and you introduce a measles case into that population, it will take off like a wildfire."

www.stripes.com...

Precisely.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
It will all be dandy until a kid has an allergic reaction to a vaccine and that will be the end of that.

Are you kidding? That's when they'll double down havent you learned anything yet?

Next up gender reassignment surgery without parental permission down on to age 6.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join