It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love (Live at Woodstock Music & Art Fair, 1969)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Talk about the greatest of all female voices in Rock and you have to consider Grace Slick - Maybe the best voice of all time.

Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love (Live at Woodstock Music & Art Fair, 1969)

2:42 Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Grace Slick, Woodstock, aug 17 1969)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I love that era, and I love jefferson airplane. Growing up in 80’s/90’s nor cal right between Palo Alto and San Francisco, which besides Berkeley was where much of hippy stuff was happening, was amazing. A lot of people dont know that a lot of that counter culture, anti establishment vibe continued on in northern ca. I went to a lot of relevant things through the 2000’s. In 2003 I went to a 10,000 person camp out music festival for 4 days on the hog farm, the ranch of Wavy Gravy of Woodstock and hippy fame. Miss those days.

A major bummer is that because of Silicon Valley taking over slowly, not only have the demographics and vibe changed in the Bay Area, al lot of that old school vibe and scene has been pushed out of the Bay. Its become the most expensive part of the country. The counter culture and good vibes are still in ca though, in places like Santa Cruz, the redwoods, humboldt, etc.
a reply to: AlienView

edit on 4-2-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Reminds me of the days of my youth. I saw them many years ago live.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
They also did the rooftop thing before The Beatles.

This song's always given me chills. For some reason I feel like this and Warpigs by Black Sabbath are really the only two songs i've heard that really capture the vibe of an apocalypse.

And I like Crosby, Stills and Nash but Jefferson Airplane's version of Wooden Ships is definitely my favourite.

edit on 4/2/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Speaking of "War Pigs", I ran across this today...

I thought it was interesting to say the least.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Great female country/folk rock band. Been on my Spotify for a while.
a reply to: NightFlight

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
They also did the rooftop thing before The Beatles.

This song's always given me chills. For some reason I feel like this and Warpigs by Black Sabbath are really the only two songs i've heard that really capture the vibe of an apocalypse.

And I like Crosby, Stills and Nash but Jefferson Airplane's version of Wooden Ships is definitely my favourite.

And Roberto Carlos did the Roof Top Thing before Jefferson Airplane.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

I'm watching : Woodstock: Three Days Of Peace

It is a 3:45 hr. montage of different films spliced together.. They just showed Kundalini Yoga/Breathing and the chanting of " Oh oh h oh, Oh, oh oh oh..."

Just prior, it starting raining and then there are a couple of guys interviewed that opined "They seeded the clouds to make it rain..."

www.rottentomatoes.com...

I also grew up in Marin County and not only did I live across the street from Buddy Miles, I went to school w/a member of Jefferson Airplane's daughter. I could go and listen to TheGratefulDead; Carlos Santana would visit; Sly Stone and kids from The Pointer Sister...

And after 30 years... I ran into "Stanley Mouse" Who did the cover art for TheDead and Journey...

www.mousestudios.com...

Great Documentary !!

Stay Hydrated...

*** Stay away from the BROWN ACID-- THE BROWN ACID IS NO GOOD!!!

top topics

join