It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Do For The Aches and Pains of Getting Older ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

FACT on the mattress. Spend big bucks. Sell the car...kids, whatever...memory foam mattress.

The only thing with cdb oil is figuring out the dose to be effective. It can be pricey.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Cannabis 👍🏻

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
I have a Sleep # mattress with a 3" memory foam topper on it. Because of several pain issues as well as breathing problems trying to sleep on my back, the only position I can fall asleep in is on my right side. My lower back pain extends down into my legs causing spasms that I have to try to eliminate by stretching, over the counter pain meds and a percussion vibrator I use. The vibrator helps immensely. My main problem with sleep is being unable to shut down mental processes. Hell, I will run sheat through my brain over and over and over again. Go to bed around 10 and finally fall to sleep around 4 or 5 in the morning. It sucks.

Too, I constantly dream of trying to solve technical problems that are basically unsolvable. Over and over again.

Edit: Just received the CBD in the mail. Anxious to try it tonight.
edit on 5-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Lay of the Naproxen ,ibuprofen as they are bad for the over 40s and medical advice will back that up , take a soluble co-codamol tablet , works quick

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

I am a 54 year old man it this started up a year or so ago.

Just wait.

Best advice I can give is hydrate (with water) as much as you can, and movemovemove. Sitting is slow painful death. Get up at least every hour during the day. Stretching is ideal, but don't overdo it. Work into it gradually. Even if it's just a 10 minute walk after dinner.

Moderation is key. You can have a beer or two, or my winter favorite fireside libation, a whiskey on the rocks.

If my back acts up to the point I have to do something, I take a naproxin but that's maybe every other month before bed usually so the pain doesn't wake me and keep me up. If it really goes off the rails from overdoing the yard work or something, I'll get a Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) scrip but that stuff knocks me loopy. Once a year or less for me. Definitely no alcohol consumption with that.

The senior years ain't for sissies, but you can mitigate the misery significantly.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Dang, I could have written that OP, except I just turned 60. I actually feel really good right now, but I just started taking melloxicam again. I try not to take it for long without a break but I have an arthritic big toe that gets really angry sometimes. I work out really hard and somehow that has helped, plus when I'm not drinking beer, basically during the daylight hours, I'm guzzling water all day long. Take it to bed with me too.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Dang, I could have written that OP, except I just turned 60. I actually feel really good right now, but I just started taking melloxicam again. I try not to take it for long without a break but I have an arthritic big toe that gets really angry sometimes. I work out really hard and somehow that has helped, plus when I'm not drinking beer, basically during the daylight hours, I'm guzzling water all day long. Take it to bed with me too.

I have that arthritic angry big toe also. Hasn't hurt since I started the glucosamine.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Honestly...exercise, specifically stretching, walking and weight lifting...and monthly deep tissue massage.

If you don't want to "tone up" you can always try and find a yoga class, or find some other form of non-impact exercises that includes stretching.

I turned 50 last year and decided I'm divorcing the 20 lbs of fat I've been carrying around...so I started walking the dogs longer and longer distances...which led to a gym membership, which led to getting back into the weights and researching different things for guys over 50.

There's a channel on YT called "fit fathers project" or something like that, which has some decent advice.

PS: getting fit also alleviates a bunch of aches and pains.

edit on 5-2-2019 by kelbtalfenek because: add info

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

originally posted by: Groot

I am a 54 year old man it this started up a year or so ago.

Just wait.

Best advice I can give is hydrate (with water) as much as you can, and movemovemove. Sitting is slow painful death. Get up at least every hour during the day. Stretching is ideal, but don't overdo it. Work into it gradually. Even if it's just a 10 minute walk after dinner.

Moderation is key. You can have a beer or two, or my winter favorite fireside libation, a whiskey on the rocks.

If my back acts up to the point I have to do something, I take a naproxin but that's maybe every other month before bed usually so the pain doesn't wake me and keep me up. If it really goes off the rails from overdoing the yard work or something, I'll get a Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) scrip but that stuff knocks me loopy. Once a year or less for me. Definitely no alcohol consumption with that.

The senior years ain't for sissies, but you can mitigate the misery significantly.

Yeah, I am bad about drinking water. Need to change that aspect. And moving around Once I get out of this tiny apartment and buy a house with a yard, preferably a farm, I will be moving all the time. But, I got to admit, the glucosamine has made me feel 5 years younger after a few days.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If it works for you, great.
glucosamine doesn't work for me.....but did work for my husband for a time.

I use boswellia with black pepper extract for my arthritic thumbs.
Also, turmeric is supposed to help some...does nothing for me.

And whatever walking you can do is good for you, IMHO.
Just don't overdo!!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
If it works for you, great.
glucosamine doesn't work for me.....but did work for my husband for a time.

I use boswellia with black pepper extract for my arthritic thumbs.
Also, turmeric is supposed to help some...does nothing for me.

And whatever walking you can do is good for you, IMHO.
Just don't overdo!!

All I can tell you is the wife likes the results.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
If you have problems breathing on your back you might have sleep apnea, especially if your overweight. Constant pain, even minor pain, can lead to feeling of inadequacy. Ie. you can't seem to do anything about it. This leads you to over think things, you mind does overtime. This can be the start of depression which nearly everyone who's in constant pain goes through.
For other people that haven't you are extremely lucky.
Charles, take a tip from me(I've been there twice) go and see someone and explain your mind being over active. Get help.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Get some magnesium oil spray.
Magnesium is hard to digest but goes into the body easy if you apply it to the skin. Magnesium is the most powerful relaxing mineral.
Also the body cannot absorb potasium and calcium if there isn't enough magnesium in the body.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

So, have you been laying off the beer ?

I'm having to have a dry spell and it sux, because you can't buy happiness but you can buy beer and beer makes you happy.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So, have you been laying off the beer ?

I'm having to have a dry spell and it sux, because you can't buy happiness but you can buy beer and beer makes you happy.

Oh, hell no ! LOL !

Just all of a sudden, out of the blue it just went away. Still comes back everyonce in awhile, but no where near as bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join