It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Do For The Aches and Pains of Getting Older ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Groot

You need to hydrate better....not beer, but water
!!!!

Do you have aches, or muscle cramps as well?
I use magnesium oil in the evening, before bed. It helps with leg aches, and calf cramps.
[urlwww.amazon.com...=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1549325730&sr=8-5&keyword s=magnesium%2Boil&th=1]Amazon link[/url]

Yes, I do need to drink more water , you are right. Just aches, rarely any cramps.

Thank you !

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: Destinyone
Groot.

Look up KRATOM.

Makes all pain go away for me about 6 to 8 hours. I take 1 teaspoon in a cup of tea on days I need it.

I only get it from

ChristophersorganicbotanicalsDOTcom.

Your life will change for the better for it.

Bright Blessings,

Des

Hi Des, old friend.

You know me by my dog.

Yeah, I'm not sure about Kratom. My pain isn't that bad, just bothersome at most and slows me down at work. I have thought about it, and maybe one day will try it.

Thanks,
K

Be careful with that K, I hear it can be addictive. The oil would be a better bet, but you have to be careful where you get that because it can have bad stuff added to it.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am currently at a similar point as you. With age and hard work the joints are beginning to scream a little. I reside in a building with many elderly individuals and this is the regimen that I am currently adopting. Increase calcium and magnesium intake as well as zinc and vitamin D. Also, taking boron as it helps with calcium and magnesium absortion and is supposedly great for joint aches and arthritis. Many people have mentioned the same regimen in comments but I just wanted to add a shout out to boron as another beneficial factor I have come across.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

WORST advice....EVER! NO BEER! lol. Actually...i am 53 and need to give the suds a rest now. I got a 2 and 4 year old grandbabies i need to be able to hang with. But damn....maybe on weekends only or something.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It’s another anti inflammatory.
It works great.
You can Buy them at the drug store in 200mg bottles.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Secret555
I am currently at a similar point as you. With age and hard work the joints are beginning to scream a little. I reside in a building with many elderly individuals and this is the regimen that I am currently adopting. Increase calcium and magnesium intake as well as zinc and vitamin D. Also, taking boron as it helps with calcium and magnesium absortion and is supposedly great for joint aches and arthritis. Many people have mentioned the same regimen in comments but I just wanted to add a shout out to boron as another beneficial factor I have come across.

Boron? Hmm , need to research that.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Boron? I think my wife uses that to get the whites a bit whiter......clothes that is.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Pretty much. Borax contains boron but you can purchase it as a more refined product. There are many that swear by it around here.

Also, it does get your whites nice and clean and man do those colours pop! The power of 20 mules my friend.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yes, cool....I need this thread so badly.....I'll read every word as we go here.....

I am all kinds of under spiritual attack.....like peripheral nerva weakness....won't let me sleep.....gave it to Jesus and spoke to the problem this morning.....before I croak.....what I said.....spoke to my body for my grip strength back .....I'm young ,TOO 70 years or so.......Mr Oregano oil.....signing off......love this thread
edit on 4-2-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 4-2-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS I just saw the Billings therapist oregano oil and imflameze......, learned something there.....gotta go google something......cool thread manTRADITION

edit on 4-2-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I took that glucosamine chondroitin. It worked within a few days but they say it can take 2 weeks to get maximum effect. Now they recommend the omega 3 as even better.

You really should have it looked at. I had joint and muscle pain but when I went to the doctor they said the problem was in my back. It feels like the joints because that is where those nerves go.

For painkillers, sometimes naproxen (Aleve) works better than ibuprofen. It comes in 220mg but you can take more than that. Talk to your doctor, I don't want to say anything that might cause you harm.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well, how about some beer, but MORE water

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yoga. The more flexible I am the less pain I experience. Makes sense if you consider that tight muscles are attached to bones & joints via ligaments/tendons. When things get pulled out of whack, nerves get pinched and strained in odd ways.

I'm sure it doesn't HAVE to be yoga, but stretching and flexibility is where it's at for me!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
A molybdenum and copper supplement can help sometimes. About a hundred percent of RDA is adequate. It helps me quite a bit, but the combo I take also has some selenium, manganese, and Chromium in it. My brother takes the copper and molybdenum when he gets sore. Now beer has molybdenum in it, also bromelain to keep it clear which is a good anti-inflammatory proteinase. Copper lysase works with salicylates to dampen pain. The salicylates can come from berries and some fruits and berries, the combo of copper and salicylates or aspirin dampens pain and inflammation.

Let's see, chocolate has copper and cherries have salicylates so chocolate covered cherries. cucumbers are high in salicylates. But I do not know how chocolate covered cucumbers would taste.

edit on 5-2-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Lots of good advice in this thread,nice, if you can do it yoga is great so is Pilates, magnesium helps relieve muscles, also rickymouse mentioned bromelian which you get from pineapple as an anti inflammatory, I have back issues and was reading up about natural anti inflammatories, I found an article that talked about this enzyme (I think it's been a while since I read it) your body produces a lot of when you're young that helps with the fast healing we experienced in our youth, apparently certain foods contain these enzymes so we can top up as such as we age, it was pineapple, pawpaw, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, garlic ,there were a few others I will try and find the article.
edit on 5-2-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I’ll pipe in too.

Lots of grated fresh turmeric and ginger.
Big chunk of tamarind pulp
Live apple cider vinegar
Cracked black peppercorns
Honey Manuka if you can get it.
Some water
Lemon juice
Heat slowly for a longtime, slow cooker is good.

Drink hot or cold with ice.
When make about a 4 litre batch and strain it and then make another batch from the previous batch. I drink two sometimes three cups a day when I need it. It’s also great for when I accidentally consume gluten or nightshade contains foods.

UncleSoze.... I will try that remedy on my dads knee that he recently had replaced in fact I think he needs a whole bath of ACV for all his arthritis stricken body.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I started taking everything and anything
for the aches and pains I get every day when I joined the over the 50 club ..I do get relief from Aleve
but I started taking 1500 - 2000 MG of Glucosamine Sulfate 2 pills 3 times a day.
I find it works wonders
for me. I've been taking it for years. I went on vacation and forgot to bring it and didn't think much about it till waking up the second day feeling off as the day progressed I was unable to move . Needless to say my husband was out looking for it and managed to find it at a GNC thankfully.

So I swear by it. Try it, give it about 2 weeks to kick in you might be surprised.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I'm 68 with all of the aches and pains described. Been hurting 20 years. I just ordered my first CBD oil yesterday to see if it helps my severe insomnia and pain. Fingers crossed!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

What's helped me is Tai Chi.

Good luck young man!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
Well I'm 69 and have constant pain in my lower body as my lower spine is wearing away. Bad days it feels like someone has kicked me in the groin and my knees really hurt, but the medics say this is all ghost pain from my spine. When it's really bad (I try not to take tablets only if I have to) I take 500mg Naproxen and 30mg of codeine sulphate.
About a year ago I tried CBD oil, which I take just before sleep, and it really does work and have been using it ever since. you will be surprised as it helped with the pain and also helped me sleep.
As an aside if you wake in the morning with pain the first thing you should look at is your mattress as a poor mattress can make your sleeping position give you more pain.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Interesting. I have had severe attacks in both knees that basically cripple me til they get drained. I do have a slipped disk in my lower back as well. I got a follow up at ortho so i will ask about the connection.

Cheers.

This thread remind me of when i visjt the kld man. This is all they talk about in Florida!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join