It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Rep Ilham Omar says America can do more, take in more refugees

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...
freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar, a Minnesota Democrat, say America can do more.
“Our quota should always be in reference to the number [of refugees] that is out there in the world,”

I have to highlight what she said again.
“Our quota should always be in reference to the number [of refugees] that is out there in the world,”

This lady is crazy. I'm for immigration reform, but what she is saying is downright scary and wrong.
All because we have "resources and the space" I have a big house, it doesn't mean it is my responsibility to take in
all the homeless. That shouldn't be how America works either. Unfortunately that is how a lot of people in the world (and unfortunately America thinks). Illinois is a perfect example, this plan works great until all the space/resources/money/ runs out, and it will.

She tells a story about her family of 8 and how quickly, they were employed. My question is, even if employed did they rely on
public assistance?

I think a huge part of immigration reform should be what can the immigrants do for our country? We want doctors, we want the educated.
Let's get rid of H-1B visas, and make those kinds of people citizens (if they want). No public assistance for any new immigrant for a grace period, 5 years, 10 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So 4-5B poor people out there in the world that would like to move here.

Only .3B people already here.

If we swell our population into 4.8B people in the next decade we'll have China outmatched 4-1.

WAKE UP AMERICA!

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Let me get this straight.. you want their oil and lithium for free but not the people become refugees by your actions..

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Let me get this straight.. you want their oil and lithium for free but not the people become refugees by your actions..

There is oil and Lithium in Honduras?

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Our country has been subverted from the inside.
Dual citizen jews, now muslims.
Better get some Russian and Chineese in there too.

End taxes

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The Democratic candidate for a safe seat in the U.S. House of Representatives stands accused of immigration/marriage fraud and bigamy. The district is in Minnesota.

More precisely, Somalia-born, now-naturalized Ilhan Omar is accused of marrying her own brother while being married to another, as well as misuse of campaign funds, two probably unrelated matters.

Crazy doesn't begin to cover it

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I think a huge part of immigration reform should be what can the immigrants do for our country? We want doctors, we want the educated.

Often those doctors have learned differently than western civilization and it isn’t always better. I don’t want doctors in my country who think it is normal and necessary for FGM.

I also don’t want to see the majority of positions in medicine , education, etc ,go to people who have just arrived from other countries. It would feel unfair to all our own hardworking graduates who are looking for positions in their prospective fields. Some.. yes.. but keep a fair balance.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

Well they want to use our infrastructure and use our social services for free, but they never bring the oil and lithium to us so we end up having to go get it.
edit on 2/4/19 by Ksihkehe because: New browser is irritating and causes typo-mania by zooming out every time I cock a text box.

edit on 2/4/19 by Ksihkehe because: last reason should have said CLICK a text box, but it did illustrate the point nicely.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Minnesota is welcome to take them in. The southern states are hosting illegals from the south.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

We've completely ruined Iraq and Afghanistan, we've supported regime change in Libya and Syria, we've droned much of North Africa back to the stone age, for this we have a moral responsibility to aid the refugees, IMHO.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah, no thanks, we've seen what Germany, Sweden, and France have turned into...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

link

She hasn't been very forthcoming on these issues, she immediately goes to the "persecuting me for being Muslim" argument rather than providing proof to refute the claims.

She isn't ready for prime time, considering all the mistakes she has already made in her first month. It's only a matter of time before she self implodes.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The Democratic candidate for a safe seat in the U.S. House of Representatives stands accused of immigration/marriage fraud and bigamy. The district is in Minnesota.

More precisely, Somalia-born, now-naturalized Ilhan Omar is accused of marrying her own brother while being married to another, as well as misuse of campaign funds, two probably unrelated matters.

Crazy doesn't begin to cover it

Our forefathers must be so proud.

I want to be surprised by this, I really do......but I'm not. Who freaking elects these people? Is America in some sort of race to the bottom? It's certainly starting to look that way.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

She has been married and divorced so many times I actually lost track reading it.
Something is very shady with her past! If you can read between the lines, this sure does look like bigamy & or incest to me, and it looks like it is still happening! How are people ok with this?

from your link:
1982 — Born in Somalia;
1991 — Went to refugee camp in Kenya;
1995 — Came to United States as a refugee, becoming a citizen at some later point;
2002 — Took out a marriage license to marry Ahmed Hirsi (AKA Ahmed Aden), but did not marry him except in a Muslim ceremony; they had two kids;
2008 — Parted from Hirsi; a Muslim divorce, not recorded, took place;
2009 — Married Ahmed Elmi; a marriage certificate exists;
2011 — Parted from Elmi, with a Muslim divorce;
2012 — Reunited with Hirsi and had a third child;
2017 — Formally divorced Elmi (after being elected to the legislature);
2018 — Married (re-married?) Hirsi and was nominated for Congress.
At the very least, a busy lady — one with a fondness for guys named Ahmed.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

We've completely ruined Iraq and Afghanistan, we've supported regime change in Libya and Syria, we've droned much of North Africa back to the stone age, for this we have a moral responsibility to aid the refugees, IMHO.

This is where refugee's are coming from into America. People get confused over refugee's, People Legally migrating to the US and Illegal Entrants to the US aka Illegal Aliens.

Refugee's are a relative drop in the bucket of overall Immigration.
edit on 4-2-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Don't expect the truth from a politician. Minnesota must be a weird place.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

She has been married and divorced so many times I actually lost track reading it.
Something is very shady with her past! If you can read between the lines, this sure does look like bigamy & or incest to me, and it looks like it is still happening! How are people ok with this?

from your link:
1982 — Born in Somalia;
1991 — Went to refugee camp in Kenya;
1995 — Came to United States as a refugee, becoming a citizen at some later point;
2002 — Took out a marriage license to marry Ahmed Hirsi (AKA Ahmed Aden), but did not marry him except in a Muslim ceremony; they had two kids;
2008 — Parted from Hirsi; a Muslim divorce, not recorded, took place;
2009 — Married Ahmed Elmi; a marriage certificate exists;
2011 — Parted from Elmi, with a Muslim divorce;
2012 — Reunited with Hirsi and had a third child;
2017 — Formally divorced Elmi (after being elected to the legislature);
2018 — Married (re-married?) Hirsi and was nominated for Congress.
At the very least, a busy lady — one with a fondness for guys named Ahmed.

Reminds of the intro to the old sitcom "Soap"

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'm glad you brought up the marriage thing. She clearly tried multiple angles to exploit the immigration process for herself.

So why would she respect the immigration laws for anyone else?
edit on 4-2-2019 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is a post from another thread that I'd like to put here. We don't need any migrants or refugees.

ATS

I don't 100% agree with this. Basically, we don't need them.

It's true that until the 1900's we needed immigrants to come here as settlers and pioneers. We were expanding to the Pacific. But after that, we were basically settled and didn't accept many immigrants. We no longer need them, there are no more wagon trains west. And we limited our growth until the '60's when they changed the law and things went wild.

I believe in merit based immigration but only in exceptional circumstances. For example, why import medium skill computer programmers from Asia to replace American medium skill computer programmers just because they work a little cheaper. If you want to drive wages down in this field, train more Americans.

We need to start training our workers now anyway to cope with automation.

I think we should let in exceptional cases like highly talented individuals, people willing to invest in this country, foreign citizens that marry Americans, etc. but we do not need large masses of new people even if they are legal.

This isn't racist either. I am not talking only about latinos but people of northern European descent also.

<<   2 >>

join