It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Diverted Millions of Dollars Earmarked for TSA During and Before GOV Shutdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This blows my mind and makes me angry. Yet the sad thing is, we are being so screwed by congress the last few decades, that I am not surprised. Once again it shows the hollow words of the leaders in Congress, claiming to care about government workers.

Over 66.6$ million dollars per DAY that were earmarked for TSA funding have been withheld from their proper destination by Congress, multiple times.

There was no reason for them not to be paid during the shutdown! It was all theatre as usual plus someone using OUR money for other #!

www.judicialwatch.org... ail&utm_campaign=tipsheet&utm_term=members&utm_content=20190204171146

Edit to say this needs to be front page news everywhere to put the lie to the talking heads in Congress...

edit on 4/2/2019 by chris_stibrany because: rant

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Well,
yeah.

They knew the shutdown was coming- they were planning on it and planned accordingly. They wanted to cause the most pain possible for as many people as possible.

And yet, they still work there... because nobody seems to understand that these people depend on our votes.
Maybe nobody is willing to run against them anymore- I know I wouldn't run. God knows what they'd fabricate to drag my name through the mud.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The 'right wing' and the 'left wing' are feathers of the same bird.. Why doesn't the US Taxpayer make 'them' (politicians™ especially "career politicians™) like another bird, the DoDo and make 'them' extinct...

I'm surprised 'they' didn't just skim off of these fund$:

www.cnn.com...

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Regarding any agency impacted by the shutdown, there is no legal avenue to pay employees during a lapse in funding. The Anti-Deficiency Act and all that jazz.

The only exception is portions of those agencies which may also revolving funds and don't rely solely on funds appropriated from a spending bill.

For example, the Federal Acquisition Service in GSA. They are a revenue generating service and all employees continued working and getting paid during the shutdown. Outside of specific and limited examples such as the above, when there is a lapse in funding, there is no legal way for those agencies to spend a single penny, even payroll. That's why some get the "essential" tab and work without pay.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Every time you fly, you pay a $5.60 "September 11th Security Fee" as part of the cost of your ticket. The money is supposed to help fund the TSA. But of course Congress has been diverting the money for other purposes pretty much since the beginning.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'd be in favor of shutting down the government until the TSA is abolished. The last thing this country needs is another power tripping, low IQ, gang of thugs violating the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Good point in your op. I wonder why we need tsa anyway. They operate by a specific set of standards that could be followed by any company hired by an airport.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I agree. Totally useless. More harm than good. Just employ more customs agents and/or private (cheaper more effective) security like in non-US airports.

a reply to: VictorVonDoom

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Was there really no way to release these funds? The TSA was still working.

a reply to: usernameconspiracy

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

They learned from Obama's example.
"Make it hurt"

But with that being said. The TSA is the most useless ineffective agency in the Govt. I would be fine with them being disbanded.

Let the airports and airlines run the security.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I agree I just felt a bit sick-and-tired-angry of hearing yet another example of Congress lying to the people and media about those poor suffering government workers when I think they could have released the funds.

a reply to: watchitburn

top topics

join