It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does a politicians distant past matter?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm pushing 48yrs old and I've managed to never grope a women without permission.
But
I have told jokes in my past that would be problematic today.

Public opinion is an odd thing.
Roman Polanski gets a standing ovation after raping a minor.
Paula dean loses her career for being honest.
Mike Tyson, a convicted rapist, is a celebrity today.

If you figure it out, let me know.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You sissy. Ya gotta just grab it and wring its freakin neck. It just takes 3 twistz to come off. But yeah....the thing is if you put that mess on youtube now...peeps would bring it up 25 years from now when you are running for county dog catcher. That is NOT resume material.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Wait. So you have actually asked a woman permission to grope her? Just curious....did it work?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

A few times.....

Married the last one nearly 25yrs ago...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
So if H. clinton isn't indited within the 7 year time line, just let it go?

edit on 3-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That is gold right there. Hell...platinum. Have a beer on me man....

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: Lumenari

You sissy. Ya gotta just grab it and wring its freakin neck. It just takes 3 twistz to come off. But yeah....the thing is if you put that mess on youtube now...peeps would bring it up 25 years from now when you are running for county dog catcher. That is NOT resume material.

The more blood out of the carcass the better, in my opinion as the one butchering and cooking them after...

Upside down and headless works for me.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It's the season of the immoral, painting others as immoral.

link   
a reply to: pthena

I do live in Virginia and YES your past does matter.
NO one gets off the hook --- what you do is a choice....ever decision should follow you. Own it, learn from it!
This was not a teenage shenanigan, Ralph was 25...well into adulthood. And, of all the things you could choose to represent you in a medical school yearbook, that photo?! Kinda sad. And he would not be making any apologies if that page had not come to public attention.

I did many a dumbassery thing in my twenties, but never ever ever would I have found blackface or klanswear witty, funny, or appropriate. Heck even as a ten year old, I would have known that was wrong. Putting anyone down for a few yucks = stupid.

Slavery was and is, sick and savage. No excuses. No humor. Black face and KKK are for people who still carry nostalgic dreams of plantation life. Pathetic.
edit on 3-2-2019 by SeaYote because: typo

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Crimes committed as a Secretary of State have no statute of limitations..

We are talking about running for an office, not crimes committed once you got there.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Ummm....op,s trangression was 34 years ago. Hillbill....2. Try again.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

So you are boycotting Jimmy Kemmel?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think the issue for me is that the Left has one standard for Conservatives and a different standard for anyone on their team.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I feel like it is a bit ridiculous to judge anyone for things they did any time before they had matured into an actual adult mindset. I am 52 years old and I assure you that only miniscule traces of the person I was at 22 years old are anywhere to be found in me any longer. With that said however I know better than to ever get involved in anything that puts me in a highly visible public position. As much as people in general feign enlightenment, forgiveness and an attitude of "non-judgement" the truth is that most are still secretly like the residents of any rural podunk town: They will always judge you by the bad things you did when you were young for the rest of your life. It doesn't matter how much you change, how much good you do in the world, etc. the past will always come back to haunt you. If you don't want the judgement to go public and spread nation wide stay out of the public eye!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

We are talking about running for an office, not crimes committed once you got there.

So far though, no indictments by the AG on Clinton. Wasn't that one of trumps campaign rallying cry. Think he's just going to let it slide?
edit on 3-2-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

What you do at 25 years old does indeed matter. And what you do to evolve and become more aware - matters. SOME people do grow up and become better people. I dig how the Beastie Boys chose to grow up….not because it was politically correct and not because they got in trouble for their earlier misogyny and homophobia:
“The Beastie Boys heard criticisms about being misogynistic, homophobic jerks and actually listened to them. And changed their behavior. Sexist lyrics stopped appearing in their songs, and the 1994 song “Sure Shot” famously included a verse in which MCA explicitly apologized for the group’s past misogyny. Ad-Rock wrote a letter to Time Out New York apologizing for the band’s past. In 1998, the Beasties publicly beefed with the then-hot band Prodigy, asking them not to play the song “Smack My Bitch Up” at a festival where both acts were appearing.”

slate.com...

But for Ralph Northam - no excuses. Because and ONLY because he got found out and publicly busted has he apologized (not so sincerely, just, aw dang...shucks, my bad, just young man goofing around)... the Virginia Governor, a Democrat (VMI yearbook shows his nickname as Coonman and his medical school yearbook has a photo he chose of two guys – one in blackface, the other as a klansman) fumbles his way to explain away his white supremacist roots, a mindset he was and is too lacking in self-awareness to even see.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

So far though, no indictments by the AG on Clinton. Wasn't that one of trumps campaign rallying cry. Think he's just going to let it slide?

I don't think he is the AG and is playing by the rules.

Are you one of those silly people who think that she cannot be impeached now?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Some things are best left between you, and your internet service provider.

And... You sound like one of my ex's and why they are an ex.

link   

And how about war crimes? How about the role Secretary of State Clinton played in overthrowing a democratically elected president in Honduras?!...directly causing that country to fall apart....and the refugee/immigrant crisis she contributed to.... not all the people fleeing central America are criminals ....they are freeing the criminals Clinton helped take over!

link   
Damn the RSS breaking the forums...

edit on 3-2-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join