It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Injects Politics and Social Justice Into the Big Game

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Apparently we can’t just enjoy a football game in America anymore without some jack wagon injecting their politics into the game. This time the NFL itself is polluting its own product with their Social Justice BS. I would like to be able to have a few things in life to enjoy without the Leftist political bias or politics I general.

So let me say, screw you NFL for further destroying your product with Liberal politics. With disrespectful players and annoying “social justice” themes you truly suck and I am glad to continue boycotting your crappy product.

Li nk

ETA: I realize some of you are SJWs and love this stuff, but all you do is alienate people and push them further right by pushing your liberal agenda on people. If you poke people enough you will make enemies.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

**Reads Title**

I'm shocked, absolutely shocked I tell ya....

Seriously though, the left is on full alert. It's all hands(shills) on deck, no communication medium is safe at this point.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

They're becoming ever so sloppy in the mean time. One would think even a brainwashed sheep would begin to pick up on it... but then again...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I would like to be able to have a few things in life to enjoy without the Leftist political bias or politics I general.

I think the real problem is anything without a right wing bias is seen as left wing politics being shoved down your throat.

The kneeling was never about the flag, it was about police brutality. You know, the overreach of big government which is supposedly something you right wingers are against.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The article linked to is from 2017.

I haven't seen any evidence of these practices this season....I could easily be wrong.

Genuinely well intentioned question; why is literally everything left v right with you guys?

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

False narratives and media manipulation.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I think the real problem is anything without a right wing bias is seen as left wing politics being shoved down your throat.

Social justice is left wing and always has been.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

False narratives and media manipulation.

...is exactly what you’re falling for. But because it isn’t the MSM I guess that’s ok.

If even one person is wrongly killed by police there should be a public outcry. It’s a sign of how sick and disconnected we’ve become as a society that someone would think that just because the murders perpetuated by police aren’t as numerous as other types of murders they aren’t important enough to warrant protest.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Social justice is left wing and always has been.

That’s something we agree on.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The left is ok being outraged over such a minuscule amount of wrong doing from police but at the same time claim the right is overreaching to the dangerous illegals in the country that are also a minuscule number.

So is one criminal illegal too many?
Doesnt that issue deserve the same outcry?

Or would you agree that we are all selective on which issues are more important than others.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It was always about the flag. In Krappernecks own words "I will not stand for a flag that represents oppression".

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I would like to be able to have a few things in life to enjoy without the Leftist political bias or politics I general.

The kneeling was never about the flag, it was about police brutality. You know, the overreach of big government which is supposedly something you right wingers are against.

How is kneeling during the national anthem to be seen as a protest against police brutality and not as a direct insult to the anthem???
You wanna protest police then protest police.

Its like me saying Im not gonna eat beef until domestic violence is eradicated, the 2 have nothing to do with each other!!!!

And I dont even consider my self right wing, Im a centrist. The problem is the left has gone so far left and the delusion is so strong that if your not as left as them your automatically a right wing extremist

If even one person is wrongly killed by police there should be a public outcry. It’s a sign of how sick and disconnected we’ve become as a society that someone would think that just because the murders perpetuated by police aren’t as numerous as other types of murders they aren’t important enough to warrant protest.

No ones saying that police murders arent an issue, what they are saying is that police shooting black people is being blown out of proportion and that if black lives truly mattered they would be looking at their own communities.
For every black person shot by a cop there are hundreds killed by fellow blacks.

Murder is murder, I really dont understand why its only the tiny percentage of those killed by police that get coverage and outrage.
Wheres the outrage when 20 black guys shoot 20 other black guys every week in places like Chicago?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

The player behavior is not only disrespectful of the flag, the country, and the hundreds of thousands of men and women who have died defending us, but it is wholly inappropriate.

To enjoy sports you need to have a particular perception of patriotism shoved down your throat?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
We can have non-stop advertisement every sort, and the military shoved down our throats as the world saviors. Yet, protesting issues during a sports game is out of the question?

How silly have we become.. I bet OP thought Vietnam protests were anti-American too. All hail the military industrial complex and any action the government takes!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

It's two different issues. Black community violence in poor areas have a variety of problems causing the issue. Police having bias is a different issue.

It's like people want to lump all the issues into one and say This issue cancels out the other issues because … MATH?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
None of this stuff has anything to do with anything else but Trumps tightly clenched 1950's anus.
He clenches it tightly together whenever he sees disrespectful triggering aimed in his direction.
His anus tightens into the same shape as his lips and this makes his base nervous and squeamish then eventually triggered. Then seemingly almost religious and cult-like threads about said triggering start popping up on internet AltRight safe spaces like this thread.
It's all about you being triggered and running to shout about it from the mountain top.
Kinda like I just did, I guess.
Triggered and shouting about said triggering.
How can we like, unplug the world, man?

edit on 3-2-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

i'm watching the game, changed the channel at half time-No half time bloated egotists on my TV.

There is a time and a place for voicing your opinion, screw the half time show, I just want football. It's like going to a music concert and the singer tries to go all patron saint and preaches-i'm not pointing fingers *cough couch U2* I payed good money to hear music, 'no Bono stop trying to self canonize yourself-we get it, there's poverty, we know that, now post your thoughts on twitter, STFU and do what you are f'in paid for-play music.

Sport already does great work with charities and social awareness, we don't need some pseudo musicians spewing words that are as crap as their music. I mean who asked for Maroon 5? they suck! all they would be good for is a chance for the fans to grab another beer.

Football is a rock n' roll sport, it deserves rock n' roll-not some preachy whiny "musicians" who use their "music" to express their opinions, that's what lyrics are for you dolts.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The minute that we started seeing warriors and animals ( not in a bad sense. Ray Lewis was what I call an animal on the field. Total beast and my 3rd favorite player of all time) prancing around the field wearing pink for 3 weeks every season was the day the NFL started to die.

When the NFL caved on that nonsense it was all over and would only get worse. And look at where we are. Football is a dead sport, they just don't know it yet.

Enrollment is bottoming out all across the country with the exception of probably Texas and Alabama.

Plummeting enrollment is going to be hitting the NFL hard in the next few years.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
boo hoo.

god, y 'all whine about everything.

and, those who think it's a dead sport you are wrong. our grocery store was PACKED today with people buying their game day food and snacks. you'd have thought it was a holiday, I've never seen it that busy. lol

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Except that multiple players including Kapernick explicitly stated it WAS about the flag. Here I'll give you a Kap quote where he specifically states it's about not standing for the flag.

"I'm not going to stand up to show pride in a FLAG for a country that oppresses black people and people of color....."

Before anything else he specifically says flag which indicates its place at the forefront of his (bowel) movement. If it was about police brutality he would have said that to start with.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join