It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane new Illinois gun law proposal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
amgoa.org...]SB0173

Title: GENERAL ASSEMBLY-FIREARM BILL

Description: Amends the General Assembly Operations Act. Provides that any member of the General Assembly who wishes to introduce a bill pertaining to a firearm must be able to produce proof, upon request, that he or she has completed: (1) the firearm training requirements under the Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, Fingerprint Vendor, and Locksmith Act of 2004; (2) range safety officer training; and (3) a basic knowledge test of calibers and gauges of firearms.

Last Action: Added as Chief Co-Sponsor Sen. Dale Fowler

Last Action Date: January 31, 2019

Crazy, huh ?
Law makers forced to educate themselves on a subject before they can propose a law restricting our Rights.
I mean, next thing ya know, they'll be making doctors go to some special school.

Sarcasm off -
How is this Not a basic requirement for ALL politicians ?
To actually know what you're talking about, before you can make laws about it?
I would bet most ( not all ) gun grabbers have never fired a weapon, much less know anything about them, other than the "scary black gun " talking points they've learned to parrot and yet feel free to to decide what kind of gun or how many rounds you can have.
I think I'll go work for DB designing medical devices.
Don't know a danm thing about it, but that's ok.....right ?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Be nice if our politicians knew what real life was like, also.
edit on 3-2-2019 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I've always said this.....that a Minister for Health should be health qualified, Minister for Transport transportation experience etc etc but at the end of the day all they are ..are glorified managers shifting from post to post using the same techniques and work methods they used in previous positions regardless of the actual job. This is why our NHS is in such a state...managers!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I know Rep. Fowler personally. He's from my hometown. Good ol' boy as they say. I hope someone doesn't look too closely at his past.

BTW this is going to go over real well here in Southern Illinois. Even when this fails he will tout this to his constituents here as a win. Outside of St.Clair County this area is solidly Red.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Description: Amends the General Assembly Operations Act. Provides that any member of the General Assembly who wishes to introduce a bill pertaining to a firearm must be able to produce proof, upon request, that he or she has completed: (1) the firearm training requirements under the Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, Fingerprint Vendor, and Locksmith Act of 2004; (2) range safety officer training; and (3) a basic knowledge test of calibers and gauges of firearms.

Let's treat voting the same way!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's insanity to require law makers to understand the topic they are making legislation pertaining too....
That's bound to get in the way of their feelings....

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is why gun violence as an issue is never really addressed. The left side of the debate is not interested in facts or logic. When they can't even get base line information right how can you even have a reasoned debate.

My town is rabidly liberal and antigun. We've had a few gun debate forums. A few of the more conservative guys on the panel asked the leftist to make a list of their wish list for gun laws. They did....

The gun rights folks then pointed out how every single one of their proposed laws is already on the books in some form or another... LOL

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Should go to constitution 101 as well....

Then, make it a requirement to memorize every single law there is... and have to get tested on it annually.

That'll teach them.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Sounds like a great idea at first, until you consider the slippery slope.

How about spending a month in Mexico or Syria before introducing any immigration bills?

Or how about a biology test before introducing any abortion bills?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Asking our representatives in govt to have an informed opinion before they make laws that effect out Rights as US citizens is a slippery slope?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
We put a billionaire into the Whitehouse with no law experience, no military experience, a failed t.v.show w 10+ failed businesses....telling us normal folks, most on tight budgets w kids mortgages, utility bills etc...making decisions for and about us.

He should pump his own gas, buy Kraft Mac n cheese....shop at a $1 store, drive and park and stand in line for himself....to be in any position to control what's best for things he has no concepts of.

Yes and yes..folks should be made to fully understand those positions....otherwise...pack your stuff n STFU.

Does anyone think this isn't for the best interests of those affected? Do it, experience it, go thru it oneself....before dealing with it's progression, involvement and application to "we the people".

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Asking our representatives in govt to have an informed opinion before they make laws that effect out Rights as US citizens is a slippery slope?

So you'd be okay with my hypothetical examples?

I can get way more creative if you'd like.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

People in Syria don't have a Constitutionally protected right to enter the US.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

LOL

That's funny. You know why? That relates to every single potus that's been elected in ever.

"Oh but they have law school".... Yeah and they make laws like Obama care.

Phahaha

You're funny.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

They should add experience in a hospital emergency ward.

As well as knowing the technical details of guns, they should also have first hand experience of the worst-case consequences.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

We need this in Washington State.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: mysterioustranger

LOL

That's funny. You know why? That relates to every single potus that's been elected in ever.

"Oh but they have law school".... Yeah and they make laws like Obama care.

Phahaha

You're funny.

Thanks...appreciate that!

Suggest reviewing the financial backgrounds of the last 5-10...even more...presidents. Millionaires...and a Billionaire...out of touch, living in a privileged world...telling and controlling every aspect of your life...with little or zero experience with living the lives of the people they "represent".

They shouldnt know-how since those things they vote and propose for don't affect them? And you're ok with that?

Here is a stress point:

"How many politicians does it take to screw in a light bulb?" "None. They just have their interns and aids do it".

The premise of this thread is spot on. Experience speaks volumes. Opinions are like arse holes...everyone has 1.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Right?
Like the 69 year old woman who was savagely beaten and raped while cleaning her church.
She couldn't defend herself because she couldn't carry her weapon in a church.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I had to jump through all kinds of hoops just to coach softball. Asking these dirt bags to take a basic class to understand what they are talking about before running our country isn’t too much to ask. Serving the public is a privilege not a right.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I hate to be that guy... but the link doesn't work.

Will be funny to watch this proposed law get destroyed- it sounds like an actual common sense law, as opposed to all those gun grabber 'common sense' laws that dont make sense.

You would think having an understanding of something would be required to propose laws about that thing... but i guess if you're allowed to be an ignorant voter you're allowed to be an ignorant lawmaker too, right?

Shame the founding fathers didn't put an upper limit on number of laws we're allowed to have right in the constitution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join