It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope it works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hello,
I am the niece of verschickter and yesterday published the farewell letter here.

We all do not sleep well, so I wanted to stop by, because I know that he liked to be here and wanted to see if anyone had read the text.

I have made an account with google to sign up, please do not be afraid because I forgot to log out of his account and only noticed it when I read the answers.

that's why I do not feel well and have registered extra to tell you that we think that we have now logged off his account in all browsers and computers and now shut down his computer and store it by 2035.

but before that I wanted to use the chance to tell you that we find it a bit sad that the text has been deleted, we hope that at least a few members had the chance to say goodbye. We hope that was not because I was in his account again.

the text was just to be found, now we can no longer find the topic. Therefore, we hope that his message has reached everyone.

I hope he overlooks this mistake. I have translated this message with google.

With best wishes,
Oleandra

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

His post is still available. You can find it [snipped]

Very sad to hear the news, he was a nice guy.

ETA I just noticed it is posted in RATS (Really Above Top Secret) so only members with at least a certain number (250?) of stars/posts will be able to read it.

My condolences for your loss.
edit on 3/2/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on Sun Feb 3 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do NOT link RATS threads!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Vers message is still up and running Oleandra.

I cannot link it here as on my mobile unfortunately but I am sure a helpful soul will be along shortly to do so.

ETA : See post above.

Positive thoughts go out to you and Vers loved ones.

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 3-2-2019 by Lagomorphe because: I hate censorship...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Thank you very much, I started to get dizzy. I dont know how this site work, somewhere I was allowed to ask for help. I cannot find that topic to write that I already got help.

I´m sorry if I do not understand this but when I use the same way I created the topic it tell "not found 404".
The hyperlink is working, very funny.

Then I am happy that I got this confused.

And thank you for the warm words. Did you know him on this site?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I must admit that I didn't interact much with him due to subject matter. He was well-liked and respected on ATS. I met him in the Short Stories forum. He posted this, and won the competition.
This was quite recently so I was surprised to learn of his passing.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Thank you for posting this Oleandra , I missed the original message from verschickter.
I'm deeply saddened by the news and the loss of verschickter , my thoughts and sympathy go to you and the rest of his family and friends.

He was a great guy , we will miss him.

RiP verschickter , friend.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I translated it with google and it is wonderful, thank you very much.

If only I knew this I had used another name.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As mentioned it's still here. Thank you for being so diligent in carrying out your uncle's wishes. You did great. We will truly miss him here.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Thank you the GUT, I felt like I messed up but everything is okay.

I appelogize again for writing it has been deleted but it looked so to me.

But do not understand why I am not allowed to go into the forum but can read the topic when I click on the link.

I begin to wonder that he wanted to put it there so just longer members can read it. Did he know that a link can go into the forum?

I am greatful to be allowed to read but it feels wrong, if I understand that you are not allowed to see with under 250 posts.

Is this correct?

Good bye

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

You are correct that the forum you posted the text in is restricted to members with a higher post count. It is also unavailable to internet search engines.
Im not sure why a link would take you to it if you dont have the required post count though. It may be a slip up in the code of the site.
Its good that you can see it though, for your peace of mind.

Warmest wishes to you, and your family.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Very nice what you did coming here

Really hope you decide to stick around and be a part of our community

And so terribly sorry for your loss. Like all ATSers, your Uncle no doubt had a deep running curiosity and fascination with the unknown

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."
-Einstein

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

The page might have still been cached in her browser, or like you said could be some fluke. I have no doubt the code running ATS has got to be huge

I wonder if there is any way she was still logged on as verschickter by any chance?

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Here is a link to a list of all the threads created under your uncle's account. I think you'll find what you're looking for there.

ATS has a section called "RATS" (Really Above Top Secret). Threads in that forum will not show up in a standard search engine, and furthermore they are not available to very new members. You yourself may need to make 20 posts or whatever thresholds have been set, I'm not sure exactly but I could find out if you have trouble. Feel free to send a PM.

And finally... what is going on? Something happened to verschickter? I will go see the RATS thread now to become updated on this situation.

We argue a lot here, but, in the real world where it really counts, we are all family as far as I'm concerned. I don't really have much of a family, so I co-opt the human race as my surrogate family. And ATS would be my immediate family, in a way. I have brothers and sisters to rough house and conspire with, mothers and fathers who show me guidance and love, and a sharp rap on the knuckles with a ruler when needed, and lots and lots of crazy uncles and kooky aunts. And a few hot step sisters and 3rd cousins and cousins by marriage. Hey, technically its fair game. Sorry I'm just trying to be funny. It's good to laugh... but I do apologize if I failed to elicit that particular reaction from you at this juncture.

I'll be right back.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Oh my God...

Let me just say, I'm not close with anyone here. But I remember all of the regulars, think of them when I'm not on ATS, like I said before, a sort of makeshift family.

So before you ask, no I did not know your uncle very well. But I did speak directly to him many times.

I think that was an awesome way for him to say goodbye and I think it's amazing that you came here to make sure the message was delivered.

I noticed the very last thread he made, before the Farewell Message. It is here.

I almost made a thread about this exact issue, being the misspelling of location on the account page. I have never seen it mentioned till now.

I thought to myself "great minds think alike". Then as I read the Farewell thread, I started to realize we have a lot more in common than I ever realized. When I read his words and the way he reasons with himself, it sounds like something I myself would write.

Then I realized, my family comes from Germany. Wouldn't that be odd if we were related? I am sure the chances are quite small. I have a relation to the Pfeifer clan of North Dakota, and Minnesota which is where they first settled. Same family Michelle Pfeifer comes from. I don't actually know her though. And I'm very poor. So if we are related, please send money. Just kidding.

Thanks this was very thoughtful of you. I hope there is not too much trouble with the translations here. Good day to you and I wish for everyone to find solace, and eventually, joy and laughter and happiness.

There is a lot of material of his here that will always be here if you ever want to read his words
Thats actually pretty cool.

When I go out I hope I can do a similar Farewell.

Farewell...for now.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oleandra88,

I didn't know verschickter but I remember reading some of his posts, I just now finished reading one that he wrote in May of 2018 that I knew you and others here would want to see, it has literally left me in tears and I highly recommend reading it to all... I dare anyone to read it with a dry eye, I could not...

It was meant to be read while listening to the video BTW...

Is there a story behind the Oleander? Surely there must be...

originally posted by: verschickter
If you like to hear music while you read this I recommend this:

Yesterday, I was watching the vivid blooming Oleander bushes, that you always cared so much about. Seeing how the wind drifts through the branches and leaves, reminds me about the time when we were allowed to be together on this journey.

Memories that slowly seem to fade, just like the leaves during fall, as each year passes by without you. While I observe the first petals gently floating to the ground, I see you joyfully dancing barefoot in the summer-rain when we were still sixteen.

I'm getting older and frail, just like the bark on the Oleander, that you planted the day when dark clouds descended over your life. A scream of defiance against the cruel truth.

It was this moment where I couldn't help thinking that you planted those bushes, because you knew you had to go so soon. I love you so much. I hope we meet again in our next life, but before then, I keep you in my heart till THE END.

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: verschickter

Almost brought a tear to my eye...almost...cough. Harrumph. Throat clearing cough...

Thanks everyone

Maybe I could inspire some others to join the next contest?

Source: [TL2018] Eternal love, page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: DocScurlock1774

I`m christian by the way. Does this confuse you now?

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
There definitly is influence. My grandmother told me about "heidnische bräuche in der kirche" "pagan rituals in church" when I was young, probably around the time I received "communion".

What I find amusing is that some members (not only in this thread), try to mock on christians because of pagan rituals. I find it amusing because most christians know this (at least those I know) since childhood and many of the mocking ones, justs found out recently and even get it awfully wrong. Or they think it bothers most of "us" in any way.

I was raised rural german catholic. Church at least two times a week. The full package and I hated it. I didn´t enjoy it. Shortly before I left school I found out about the recent crimes supported by the catholic church, connected to WW2. I turned my back on religion completely, but not god. For me religion is a tool to teach morality and build a common thing inside a community.

If I were God, I would not want big mumbo jumbo around the religion, but for the people to love each others or at least treat them like you would yourself. One reason why my kids are baptised is because I trust in the old godfather system. You choose a godfather and godmother for your child so they will care for it until adult, if both parents die before the child is grown up. It´s a cultural thing and of course you need to choose the person wise and the person has to agree of course. The bond between a godfather/godmother and their protege-child is naturally very strong.

It´s all about the community, because only a helping community could guaranty protection of the single individum.

Source: Found this video saying Easter is Pagan, is this really true?, page 4
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2.3.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Please forgive me if I donot answer to everyone in deep but I think I understand why he was here so often.

Yes, the oleander has deeper meaning. Oleandra is not my real forname I took it because he loved this flower. the poem I know about it but only the german one.

I translated it in google, Lagomorphe or Lightspeeddriver posted it this day. Thankyou either way.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The list off his writings is perfect thank you !!!!

new topics

top topics

join