It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If aliens came and

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
Why would any intelligent race from outer space, make contact with a race that kills everything else on the planet, even themself. I mean, wearing the wrong hat can get you killed in some countries!

It depends on their intentions.

If they want to study us closely then they would need to interact with us.

Yes, but they wouldnt need to show themself to the world to do that.
Like i said, we cant even tolerate our own race and the different viewpoints we have. How can we be their friends, if we cant even be friends with other human cultures that is only slighty different than our own. We cant even be friends with people from the same culture... How different would their culture be?

The sumerian texts, tells us they have been here all along. I dont know if they are aliens, or if they have been here on earth all along, maybe they live inside the earth for all i know. In a world filled with lies, it is hard to tell the truth from fiction.
One thing iam certain about, and that is we as a species, are predators and will kill and destroy everything that crosses our path, just because we can.
We are not ready to make full scale global contact. But tomorrow is another day, and we will be ready someday, but not today!

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It's interesting how people here are posting 'they're already here'. Sadly, it's not because of evidence or proof but the need by those who post that to give the impression that they are 'special' or 'in-the-know'.

Truth is, there are no aliens here, there never will be. So if you're concerned about it don't be.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Its a mathematical certainty that other life is out there, you would be hard pressed to find any rational human who disagrees with that statement.

It's not a certainty, even if it was highly likely.

Our planet is 1 of 9 in a solar system that is part of a galaxy with over 150 BILLION stars and our galaxy is only 1 of well over 200 BILLION galaxies.

Weve figured out that stars with planets are the norm and not the exception so based on the observable universe we get 200 Billion galaxies with an average of 200 Billion stars, roughly 400 QUADRILLION Stars.
Thats be conservative and say that each of those stars averages 3 planets, that gives us 1.2 QUINTILLIAN possible homes for life and thats not including the possibility of it being found on comets or other interstellar objects.

Unless the Earth is flat and everything we know is a lie I would say with some certainty that its practically an impossibility that we are the only life in the universe.

Now, did I just waste all that math on someone who agrees with me and was simply being facetious?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Both Mayans and Inca didnt know who or what the arriving ships of Spaniards were... they had no frame of reference.

They knew they were men aboard ships, they were not blind.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Perhaps they have always been here, always will be here. Everything that has ever happened or will ever happen is within their reach. Where they come from is not nearly as far as when they came from?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan
Yes, but they wouldnt need to show themself to the world to do that.

It depends, if they wanted to know how we would interact with them they would need to show themselves.

Like i said, we cant even tolerate our own race and the different viewpoints we have. How can we be their friends, if we cant even be friends with other human cultures that is only slighty different than our own. We cant even be friends with people from the same culture... How different would their culture be?

Who says they want us to be their friends?

One thing iam certain about, and that is we as a species, are predators and will kill and destroy everything that crosses our path, just because we can.

No, we are not predators, predators kill to survive.

We are not ready to make full scale global contact. But tomorrow is another day, and we will be ready someday, but not today!

We cannot really know if we are ready or not, as we do not know how they are (if they exist) and how they would present themselves to us, all this is pure speculation without any real data.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Historical reports disagree. They saw the ships on the horizon... but never having seen such things... they had no way to ascertain what they were.

They also saw mounted Spainiards and thought borh horse and soldier were 1 creature.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Thats be conservative and say that each of those stars averages 3 planets, that gives us 1.2 QUINTILLIAN possible homes for life and thats not including the possibility of it being found on comets or other interstellar objects.

Those "possible homes" are just theoretical, as we do not really know why there's life on Earth and none that we have seen on the other planets of the Solar system, so we do not really know what are the odds for each star system. Just looking at our own case, if life exists on 1 in every 9 planets that may mean that it's only possible to exist in systems with more than that theoretical average of 3 planets per system.

Unless the Earth is flat and everything we know is a lie I would say with some certainty that its practically an impossibility that we are the only life in the universe.

The fact is that we do not really know, and bringing flat Earth to try to ridicule other people's position doesn't help.

Now, did I just waste all that math on someone who agrees with me and was simply being facetious?

It was not a waste, but I think it's irrelevant because we don't have enough data.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Who says they want us to be their friends?

Not me, i did say this though, in my first post

Humans are crazy and nowhere near enough evovled, that any alien would make contact. Unless they themself are crazy, or if they need some slaves to do some dirty work for them.

Sure, they might not want to be our friends, in which case they wouldnt have to care much about what we think and do. They would be superior if they can get here.

No, we are not predators, predators kill to survive.

You got me, i saw the new predator movie where they discuss this, i think they called them hunters. I would call us killers.

We cannot really know if we are ready or not, as we do not know how they are (if they exist) and how they would present themselves to us, all this is pure speculation without any real data

Maybe. But i will argue that they will not come here and be all friendly like, share their technology and stuff that friends do. We allready got nuclear weapons, you think they would come here and give us something better to destroy ourself with?

I didnt say it wasnt possible, i said they would have to be crazy themself, or not come here to be our friends

In short, i think we mostly agree on the points you brought up, we just say it differently
edit on 2 2 2019 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

ETA:

It depends, if they wanted to know how we would interact with them they would need to show themselves.

Sure, it could be an experiment, to see how we all react if they showed themself. or something like that.
But i think they would treat us like we would treat ants, if we where to try to communicate with them. Go directly to the queen, and get the information directly from the source/leader. Maybe interview a few worker ants, just to see what they are all about. But you really only need to interact with the queen, to get any deals done.

Think i covered all youre points now, i messed up the qouting so had to rewrite most of this post.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Historical reports disagree. They saw the ships on the horizon... but never having seen such things... they had no way to ascertain what they were.

I have seen many people say that (all from the US), but I have never seen any of those "historical reports". In case you don't know, the Portuguese also reached the Americas, and none of that happened (obviously).

They also saw mounted Spainiards and thought borh horse and soldier were 1 creature.

Show me a real reference of that and I may believe it.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Sincere apologies if it seemed like I was trying to ridicule anyone, I was suggesting that TPTB could be lying about all this space stuff and realistically we would have no way of knowing.

Weve been on this planet for at least 100s of 1000s of years and only recently have we discovered life flourishing in places we said it never could, volcanoes, the bottom of the ocean etc.
As for planets in our solar system Id hardly call scraping a few rocks on a small part of Mars a decent look at the potential for life there.

Well for me the math says its so insignificant a chance that we are alone in the universe that I dont even entertain the possibility.

The data of an estimated 1.2 Quintillion planets with potential for microbes to have formed and flourished is enough for me

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I have seen many people say that (all from the US), but I have never seen any of those "historical reports". In case you don't know, the Portuguese also reached the Americas, and none of that happened (obviously).

Show me a real reference of that and I may believe it.

Here is 1: From PBS, The Story of Horses

www.pbs.org...

"Spanish horses were instrumental in the conquest of the New World.

Neither the Aztec nor the Inca had ever seen humans riding animals before; the psychological impact of mounted troops was tremendous.

Hernan De Soto, comrade of Pizarro, famously rode his horse right into the Inca Emperor's throne room.
Eyewitnesses later recalled:

"The captain advanced so close that the horse's nostrils stirred the fringe on the Inca's forehead. But the Inca remained still, he never moved."

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
As a young kid, before I fully realised the idea of alien visitation was considered 'kooky' by society in general, I used to think: "Other planets sustain life and occasionally visit? So WHAT?"

Now that I am conditioned to perceive that it's a big deal, is it REALLY? Nahhhh. The crux is that we enjoy the MYSTERY in the meantime.

It'd be great, don't get me wrong, but after the intial "Woooooo!!!", we'd be casually inviting them round for tea and biscuits some six months after the "Woooooo!!!" factor has calmed down and exited our systems. Rather like the posters here for whom it's old news anyway.

And then Trump would declare war on them.

edit on 2-2-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's never aliens until it is.

That's the rule I live by. If it happens within our lifetimes it will most certainly catch us all by surprise.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I say nothing.

They are here. They have always been here.

Everyone would probably say “I knew it”.

Except Phage, his brain would explode.

This made me smile, and i rarely smile. I also agree.

The following is purely my subjective opinion and i have no proof whatsoever: The aliens are here. Have been for a long time. They can take human form, they can be really nice "people" or really, really bad beyond imagination. I also think there is some kind of a federation of benevolent alien races, but humans are banned because hatred, greed and violence has been encoded in our DNA.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think people are more resilient than you think.

If the ancient ones survived their presence, I think we will do just fine.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I like how speculative this thread is. Great citations from accredited institutions and scholarly research articles. Exactly what a constructive conversation on this topic requires.
edit on 3-2-2019 by Archivalist because: Because this must be filled out

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Uncertain about other intelligent life in the Universe? Well, aren't we a special race. Last I checked, the Universe is unfathomable, especially for us living on this speck of rock.

I would say we are somewhat special... The universe is about 14 billion years old... solar systems as we have today started about 9 billion years ago...the earth is 4.5 billion years old, about half that age. In our 4.5 billion years and trillions of life forms that have come and gone on planet earth there is just us that have made it to at least the moon...I would say that is special, and even if life happens anywhere the conditions are right, it seems that life that has the intelligence and physical capabilities is kind of rare.

Then those rare species would need to find us in a hay stack the size of the universe... good luck.

edit on 3-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: whyamIhere

Phage would probably pull his mask off and reveal his true identity.
There’s no way that beautiful man is a mortal

We need to adjust your implant!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If anyone (aliens) have the logic and awareness to create machines that can manifest/travel here then I assume they are at least as smarter/wiser that most people are to a average chimp.

Even souls in human bodies can really logically understand non duality and karma if they make an effort. Just look at Buddha and Nanak.

You give me a planet with 100 million beings on awareness level of 1st level "Buddha" without other lower level awareness playing around with insane ups and downs and you will see the extreme potential of progress wisdom and logic have in hands of people who know what they are doing.

Nikola Tesla is a perfect example on earth of what One awareness can do when they really care to make a difference.

The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence

But humanity is stuck with 90% souls who are ride thrill seekers.

edit on 3-2-2019 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join