It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Government Officials Conspire To Destroy British Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

For a number of years, the police service has been treated with disdain by consecutive Home Secretaries and the Prime Minister . . .
glospolfed.org.uk...

. . . violent offences increased by 19% overall, with murder and manslaughter crimes at their highest level for 12 years, PFEW National Chair John Apter said the public had been let down. “Society just isn’t as safe as it once was, and although the police service is doing everything within its power, we are swimming against the tide and it is the public who are being let down.”

Other statistics also show:
• murders* rose by 14% in the past year
• hospital admissions from stabbings soared by a staggering 15%
• an 8% increase in knife crime offences brings the annual total to 39,818 and the highest number since 2011**
• robberies are up by 17%
• a 24% rise in public order offences
• and sex offences rose by 14%
www.polfed.org...

2016 Police Officer Welfare, Demand, and Capacity Survey

1.2 Key Findings: Links between Demand and Capacity Pressures and Welfare

Key findings on linkages between demand and capacity pressures and welfare are summarized in Figure 1. A total of eleven aspects of demand and capacity pressure were meaningfully linked to welfare. These were:

 Unpaid overtime (reported by 84% of respondents)
 Insufficient officers to do the job properly (reported by 78% of respondents)
 High overall workload (reported by 66% of respondents)
 Inability to meet conflicting demands on time at work (reported by 67% of respondents)
 Insufficient time to do a job to a standard to be proud of (reported by 58% of respondents)
 Frequent single crewing (reported by 57% of respondents)
 Frequent neglect of tasks owing to having too much to do (reported by 43% of respondents)
 Frequent unrealistic time pressures (reported by 35% of respondents)
 Frequent unachievable deadlines (reported by 29% of respondents)
 Frequent refusal of annual leave requests (reported by 27% of respondents)
 Frequent pressure to work long hours (reported by 26% of respondents)

As shown in Figure 1, these aspects of demand and capacity were variously associated with a host of negative welfare states including being never or rarely relaxed; poor overall mental wellbeing; fatigue that interferes with work duties; fatigue that interferes with home life; low morale; working while on annual leave in order to catch up; taking work home that could not be finished during working hours, and; three forms of violent victimization: verbal insults, verbal threats, and physical attack.

Overall, these findings indicate that demand and capacity pressures have implications for the health and welfare of police officers, contributing to the creation of a workforce that can be characterised as ‘tired, tense, and targeted’.
www.polfed.org...

The police are being systematically worn down, reducing their effectiveness and increasing the likelihood of individual constables losing their temper or otherwise acting inappropriately. The actions of these individual constables are then used as propaganda against police as a whole. We are expected to demand change. That change would be the introduction of new suppressive forces without the training or accountability of the constables we have now. These new forces would make use of legislation that Theresa and her cronies introduce as their response to the increase in violent crime.

To summarise.
The police are treated with disdain.
More oppressive legislation is introduced.
This is the product of government think-tanks who are not acting in our interests.
There is a plan for the future.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Wow, you guys are getting Obama'd hard

He pulled that card here too with his anti police campaign.

This is the product of government think-tanks who are not acting in our interests. 

Eggs act lee
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It’s the same though through out the public service the NHS is not on it’s knees and the fire service aren’t doing much better. I think it would take some pretty radical political movements to change things though and that’s not about to happen.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think austerity has taken too much out of the police. This is shown by the rise in uninvestigated crime. I think politicians now recognise that fact. However, the police had grown very fat at one point - too many chiefs and not enough Indians, so to speak.

I live in a rural area with little crime. Someone breaking into a paddock and nicking the hobnobs was something that really happened. Our policewoman and the community officer are welcome and welcomed. Contrast that with the complexities of policing in urban areas where scumbags live under every rock. Knife crime in London is driven by (let's face it) young black men and boys, drugs and community stupidity. Breaking that culture takes more then the police.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Wow, you guys are getting Obama'd hard

He pulled that card here too with his anti police campaign.

Except it's Conservatives who are putting the squeeze on funding.

a reply to: Kester
Perhaps the police should use the resources they've got better , stop wasting money investigating non crimes and get more plod out of their cars and on to the streets.

A place I deliver to is next to a police vehicle repair yard and there are always police cars in there with front end damage , perhaps they should stop driving there cars / vans into suspect vehicles to stop them or teach their staff how to drive.

I have little sympathy for the Po-Po , well paid overweight fascists most of them.

A.C.A.B

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A.C.A.B

I know what you did there and while I have mixed feelings about the police the above simply isn’t true.

I think the plan is to privatise the police along with every other public service eventually.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I think the plan is to privatise the police along with every other public service eventually

They can't privatise the police as such but the private sector has been brought in on a support role basis I believe, I think to bring cost down a review should be held into the command structure of the force , too many chiefs not enough Indians.

I also believe that Cannabis should be decriminalised to free up police time and the tax profits from it's sale should be spent on treatment centres for people addicted to hard drugs which would also free up police time , the tax on alcohol should be increased significantly to pay for the police and health resources used to treat it's effects.

I agree not A.C.A.B , some of the older ones are OK but most of them are in my experience , they have an US vs Them attitude and we are them.
edit on 2-2-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They could also cut out the amount of paperwork forced on them to free up time and resources, it’s like they are being deliberately hamstrung.

If you look at the amount of gated communities popping up with their own private security I think this is the way our society is going in general, practically mimicking places like Indonesia where rich hubs are surrounded by slums and criminal gangs run everything behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The Tories have, in their almost a decade of ruinous rule, gone out of their way to cripple this nation. The police, the health service, schools, welfare, public transport, the military, the economy. It is all worse for them.

It won't end until this sociopathic "profit at all costs because government should be run as a business" government and their ideologically-driven and economically crippling austerity are gone.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There's a lot of factors impacting police. Money is just one.

The focus on adminisrtation means that a constable could spend 3/4 of their shift filling in forms and doing court prep. It used to be if a drunk got a bit lairy outside the pub, a 6'4" copper would give them a gentle love tap on the head and they could sleep it off in a cell. The most paperwork would be an arrest report, note in the note book and the desk sergeants booking in form. These days this sort of scenario could result in a full shift dealing with one prat.

More offences are being added to the statutes, meaning more 'crimes' are being logged which were not previously offences. The rise of the internet means more desk-bound tasks, taking police off the streets.

Centralising constabularies means larger patches with fewer uniformed patrols covering more space, to police spend their days in a car to cover sufficient area.

People are more willing to report offences than before, as well as reporting things which they think are offences, but aren't.

People are now so socially distant that they are not able to manage simple disputes without calling the police.

More and more duties are loaded onto the police due to the reduction in other public services. The expression social workers in uniform springs to mind.

Extra top down community initiatives which have nothing to do with policing are forced onto the service, such as diversity awareness etc.

The list goes on.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
To the Op, In response to your quoted text:

"As shown in Figure 1, these aspects of demand and capacity were variously associated with a host of negative welfare states including being never or rarely relaxed; poor overall mental wellbeing; fatigue that interferes with work duties; fatigue that interferes with home life; low morale; working while on annual leave in order to catch up; taking work home that could not be finished during working hours, and; three forms of violent victimization: verbal insults, verbal threats, and physical attack."

This has always been a fact of policing. Nothing has changed with respect to those pointers even when capacity was much higher.

The UK Police service was incredibly bloated and incredibly wasteful. There was a huge amount of malingering too from many of the older officers and some of the supervisors.

I honestly believe the Government had no option but to cut budgets, but saying that, they have now been cut far more than necessary.

I don't think it the government are holding the Police Service to ransom but more a case of the Police service holding the Government to ransom by deliberately withdrawing services in the hope of public backlash and ultimately support.
edit on 2-2-2019 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The Tories have, in their almost a decade of ruinous rule, gone out of their way to cripple this nation.

Oh, I don't know. Got the horrendous government spending a bit more controlled, delivered good economic figures compared to others, including high employment. But, on schools as per the OP...

Facts

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Its also worth noting that the British police has been caught and admitted to discriminating against white hetero men as early as 2006 and only recently had advertising posters up asking for recruits that werent white hetero men.

Dont care how crazy I sound and Im no white supremacist but it does seem to me like there is a concerted attempt to remove white men from positions of power/influence simply because they are white men, seems a bit racist, sexist and heterophobic to me.

I think TPTB in Europe (UK included) are deliberately weakening their current policing and security to make it seem like a new Europe wide force is the answer.
It will most likely consist of "citizens" without any real loyalty to the people of the country they are policing so at some stage in the future keep an eye out for European elites importing a shyteton of military aged young men who could fill the ranks of this new force

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think the plan is to privatise the police along with every other public service eventually

They can't privatise the police as such but the private sector has been brought in on a support role basis I believe,

Private security companies, UK Military PLC, Foreign Military PLC, all arranged under contract.

originally posted by: [post=24159968]paraphi

including high employment. Facts

Ordinarily, a good source but their employment figures are the same doctored figures produced by the DWP.

Under the Universal Credit system, a claimnant that has done half an hours paid work is deemed to be in work. Even though the claimnant is still unemployed and entitled to continue claiming as such, they are removed from the employment/unemployment equation.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I think TPTB in Europe (UK included) are deliberately weakening their current policing and security to make it seem like a new Europe wide force is the answer. It will most likely consist of "citizens" without any real loyalty to the people of the country they are policing so at some stage in the future keep an eye out for European elites importing a shyteton of military aged young men who could fill the ranks of this new force

You're the only person I'd vote in as Prime Minister.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

. . . they are being deliberately hamstrung.

Totally. And with purpose.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Please wait patiently, keep calm, G4 is waiting in the wings to protect us.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

A list that shows you are on the ball.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Night Hawk. Cool and sexy.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I used to work in Security, back when I first entered that job I was working for a company called Initial a part of the Rentokill group and we were told that the Police were slated to be privatized as a part of the international agreement's the government had made, agreement's pushed MAINLY by the American's on behalf of corporate interests (probably because it had already been done to them but the interests behind it were very much corporate and definitely not national they simply use nations such as the US and our nation the UK as flag's of convenience and have the power to buy our politician's behind the scene's cash for favor's that sort of thing).

So running the police into the ground was a deliberate policy as is running the NHS into the ground, removing first class treatment from the public forces them to go private for example, removing first class policing forces them to hire plastic policemen and security services that as they do not have a queen's warrant are actually useless, of course don't let that get in there way they will simply change the law a bit to suit there corporate employers.

GAT world trade agreement (among other's) actually equal's a Criminal conspiracy to strip mine the economy's of the world by corporate sector interests and corrupt government official's.

But Let's be fair our police have a long history of Corruption, My mother was fighting for her inheritance which had been withheld from her by concealment and corruption, one of my sisters (Alison Linda Carol (nee McArdle) involved in perpetrating the fraud against her own mother for a pay off was in cahoot's with a corrupt police man by the name of MR BOX at Scotland yard no less, an official working for our local authority at the very top of it called Mr David Day told my mother that she was the RIGHTFUL owner of Derby Square in Liverpool and a former West Lancashire MP while still in office a Mr Kenneth Hind now a Ribble valley councilor told her that it was that much money that were this much money was concerned there was no gentleman above board and he was sorry he could not do anything else to help AND if she continued to try to get anywhere that there was somebody in every department that would put a stop to her attempt's - so was he deliberately putting my mother off, what was his game.
A Former police woman living in London in property that was also rightfully my mothers property (as part of the fraud turned into a housing association by the name of Central and Cecil Housing association - same number for it's registered charity as my mothers trust fund number? - by the name of Vivienne Webster Jones.
Oh I could go on and on and on about corrupt police and official's but We do need our police and it has to be said that the older police was far more corrupt than the newer police is today.
So I respect and honest police, but were are they - kept on menial duty's most likely if they are not one of the lad's?.
And I believe we need our HONEST police.
But the police really need to properly investigate there retired colleagues - believe me that would be one rotting stinking can of worm's if ever there was one.

edit on 3-2-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join