It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Will Grill Acting A.G. Matthew Whitaker Hours Before He is Replaced by William Barr.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
February 1, 2019

On Friday, February 8th, the Democrat-led House Judiciary Committee will take out their frustrations on Acting/Temporary Attorney General Matthew Whitaker. Here is a summary of what they will grill him on...

On January 22nd, Chairman Nadler sent a letter to Acting Attorney General Whitaker outlining a list of prepared questions concerning communications between Whitaker and President Trump, in advance of the hearing.

In the letter, Chairman Nadler makes clear that the Committee expects direct answers to their questions, and “will not accept your declining to answer any question on the theory that the President may want to invoke his privileges in the future.”

The prepared questions cover issues related to Mr. Whitaker’s appointment by President Trump to replace Jeff Sessions following his firing.

Mr. Whitaker’s decision not to recuse himself from the Special Counsel investigation.

His oversight over the Special Counsel investigation, and the nature of his relationship with the President.
Source - Judiciary website: judiciary.house.gov...

It is expected that Acting AG Matthew Whitaker will be replaced by Permanent AG William Barr on February 8th...the same day Whitaker appears before the Judiciary committee.

Source: www.reuters.com...

In other words, House Democrats will be grilling the current Attorney General on the last day of his job!

How WASTEFUL and ILLOGICAL is that?

-CareWeMust

edit on 2/1/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Cows chewing their cud.

And it's a dud.

😎

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Cows chewing their cud.
And it's a dud.
😎

Cows are smarter than House Dims.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Nadler's hate for Donald Trump goes waaay back. Both are New Yorkers and it started long before Trump became prez.

Nadler's going to go for blood.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Nadler's hate for Donald Trump goes waaay back. Both are New Yorkers and it started long before Trump became prez.

He's going to quickly learn how LITTLE power the U.S. House has. No prosecutorial powers at all, and very little influence with Prosecutors and Investigators at the Department of Justice. In other words, IMPOTENT...just like House Republicans were, when they were the majority party.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If he can embarrass, insinuate, and insult, he'll get some pleasure. If it is televised, be prepared for his fangs to protrude. He loathes Trump and is salivating at the opportunity to cast dispersions on him while on camera. I guarantee Nadler will not want a closed door hearing. He wants a big spotlight.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I have a question.

If the new AG is sworn in before the old A/AG is due to give evidence, can he enact some form of Privilege due to him not actually being the A/AG.

To put it simply, could he refuse the summons because it is served on the A/AG.

P

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I see Nadler was one of the first Democrats to declare that President Trump would be an "Illegitimate President". This was 3 days before Donald Trump was sworn in.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yes.. Whitaker's testimony will be Open Session and live-streamed at the Judiciary website I linked to in the O.P..

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Sorry, but I don't have an answer for that. But the way this Administration operates, it's certain that William Barr will be sworn-in as the Attorney General within hours of Senate confirmation.

I remember how the liberal media went bonkers after Matthew Whitaker was sworn-in as Acting A.G., just 3 hours after Jeff Sessions resigned.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Whittaker should just disregard Nadler's demands.
Whenever he is asked about his conversations with the President, he should just refuse to answer.
Would be funny to see Nadler's head explode.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
"Transparency? It's great Nancy "

😁

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Mmmmm. Griiillll. Roll on summer I got some new recipes for my ribs.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Good, I think they should. It is not surprise that Trump chose Whitaker, he was outspoken against the Muller investigation. I am sure the Democrats want to know if Trump tried to coax him into firing Muller.

The other day when Whitaker, was talking about the investigation, he was sweating bullets.

34 people indicted in the investigation so far. How many were indicted in Benghazi again?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wonder if the Committee will bring out Whitaker's yearbooks ? lol

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Perhaps he gets a flu Thursday night

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Not showing up for a planned public whipping would definitely enrage Nadler and be fun to watch.

Purportedly, the questions have been sent so there may be messages in any answers that are provided. I also expect that there may be some surprise questions that might be asked to attempt to rattle the AAG while in the hot seat. Perry Mason used to do that and get confessions on the stand. Look to see if Nadler is wearing dark eye shadow...

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Whitaker should polish his bald head minutes before sitting before the congressional committee so that he blinds the Democrats.
His opening statement should be, "Since it is well known that all of you Democrats here are known communists and communist agent provocateurs, Under national Security laws, I will not answer any questions."

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 2-2-2019 by ausername because: Wasted sarcasm

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
oh shucks...haven't these politicians seen these tactics from the other side since the dawn of time?

Why become a politician if you cant stand the heat?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join