It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you find weird about America or Americans?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That you seem to feel the need to have the biggest of everything, from your massive suvs to your massive appetites and everything in between. Everything is bigger in America somehow. Maybe it’s a reflection of how big your country is, or maybe your over compensating for something?

Also when you talk you seem overly loud on average, except in many films when the actors mumble and can hardly be heard until the action kicks in and everything goes really loud again. Why is that?

On the whole though I like the American people, just not so keen on your military industrial complex and the corruption that goes with it.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Who the hell does that?!?!

a reply to: BoneSay

Seriously where did you get that from?

I got it from an American friend. He likes a big jug of ice cubes as well. In all consideration he did spend a bit of time in Canada as well. Anyway its still weird.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: Krakatoa

Who the hell does that?!?!

Seriously where did you get that from?

I got it from an American friend. He likes a big jug of ice cubes as well. In all consideration he did spend a bit of time in Canada as well. Anyway its still weird.

Honestly, not something you will do or find in America, for sure, trust me lol

Chilled milk is very cool, yes.. But not on cereal lmao. No one does that, at all

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I was watching a show with a family member. It was about how Australians think we are crazy about our drink sizes and how much ice we use.

What else do you find weird about us.

Some things we just see as normal are probably really weird/amusing to non- Americans

Ummm...Americans bathe too...

Frequently...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Most funniest thing i found in America is Europeans call Americans, illegals! WTF what do you call terrorism? Freedom? HAHAHAHA...

Oh wait!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
For a country that has made huge leaps an bounds in innovations, and said rumors to be contact with super advances being from another planet...

Why the hell aren't you guys using the Metric system.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

That you seem to feel the need to have the biggest of everything, from your massive suvs to your massive appetites and everything in between. Everything is bigger in America somehow. Maybe it’s a reflection of how big your country is, or maybe your over compensating for something?

Also when you talk you seem overly loud on average, except in many films when the actors mumble and can hardly be heard until the action kicks in and everything goes really loud again. Why is that?

On the whole though I like the American people, just not so keen on your military industrial complex and the corruption that goes with it.

I really don't think we are that loud. I think when you are somewhere / anywhere where people speak another language it only seems loud. I've lived in enough places to find this is accurate.

Yes we love big big cars, trucks, we have a huge country with tons of roads and highways to use them on.

Yes unfortunately, we do have massive appetites. Obesity is a very American issue that we are surely struggling with. If you are ever here get a large soda from Panda Express. It is 42oz, which is basically a small bucket! Food is cheap, and cheap food is very fattening.

You are also correct about the film volume, I actually thought they were doing something to help with that. It is super annoying!

As for us overcompensating, no I don't think that is it. I think we have just grown up with a bigger is better, more is more mentality.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm...Americans bathe too... Frequently...

This is one thing I absolutely love about America!!

Europeans can get pretty ripe. Sorry, but once a week is not enough!

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Peanut butter and jam (jelly?) sandwiches, wth is up with that?!?

To quote wikipedia:

In the English-speaking world, peanut growing is most important in the United States. Although it was mainly a garden crop for much of the colonial period, it was mostly used as animal feed stock until the 1930s.[17] The US Department of Agriculture initiated a program to encourage agricultural production and human consumption of peanuts in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. George Washington Carver developed hundreds of recipes for peanuts during his tenure in the program.
wikipedia Peanut#History

Peanut butter is simply finely ground whole roasted peanuts. More American than apple pie! Apples originated from central Asia, long-long ago. Peanuts originated from South America, along with potatoes. Corn originated in Mexico. All American staples.

Peanut butter alone on bread isn't as eatable as peanut butter and jelly. I personally prefer peanut butter and honey. When it comes to peanut butter alone on sandwhich, dunking in milk is mandatory; whereas dunking peanut butter and honey is optional.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
For a country that has made huge leaps an bounds in innovations, and said rumors to be contact with super advances being from another planet...

We like using the American Imperial system, it's so much fun to be different.

It is also kinda cool that a foot is sorta the size of a foot!

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The thing I find the most bizarre about the majority of Americans is that you seem to have been told that your country is the greatest in the world and you actually believe it deep in your hearts.

It is kind of nice in a way but it comes across a little niave when you continue to say it even when the facts say something entirely different.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

The thing I find the most bizarre about the majority of Americans is that you seem to have been told that your country is the greatest in the world and you actually believe it deep in your hearts.

It is kind of nice in a way but it comes across a little niave when you continue to say it even when the facts say something entirely different.

I think people take this the wrong way.
There is no best country in the world, but America is the best country for Americans.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

LOL the only people drinking Fosters in Australia are the tourists, and that's if you can find any ( Fosters ).

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

When you consider that Myanmar and Liberia are the ONLY other countries besides us on the planet using Imperial, it kind of puts it into perspective just how low our bar is really set.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

When you consider that Myanmar and Liberia are the ONLY other countries besides us on the planet using Imperial, it kind of puts it into perspective just how low our bar is really set.

It has nothing to do with a lowered bar, it's just a different bar.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: chr0naut

1) One breaks the law in the US ? They get locked up . I cannot help with other countries

2) There is a reason the US has been involved in more wars. Of course you know why. Or , you should.

Done
Next
Denying ignorance
Why ?
The phase of the moon ?

Also, It just occurred to me, how does the fact that those locked up are there for good reason, increase liberty in the total population?

So the country is highly criminal and not 'free'.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SituationNAFU
a reply to: caterpillage

LOL the only people drinking Fosters in Australia are the tourists, and that's if you can find any ( Fosters ).

Tooheys is far better than Fosters or VB. Personal opinion, though.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
I think its crazy how many Americans think they are free. Or that you can truly own property.

Knew a guy gonna pay for a big way outta in nowhere off the grid property.. so no one knows where he went...

Until he was told he still has taxes and gov records of property owners on file.

Pay cash...pay 10-20 yrs property taxes... there will always be a record who bought it, who maintains it and who pays land tax....

He'd have to go onto private gov land 100-1,000 miles in and eck our a living.

Still...its gov. land... and they could go looking
edit on 2-2-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
I am constantly baffled by the the fact that in US cinema and tv-shows the depiction of violence, killing, maiming, torture, often in gory details is deemed OK but show as much as a nipple: instant prudish meltdown.

If I were to judge Americans based solely on that I would think that the majority of you are bloodthirsty, hyper violent prudes soon to go Christian Taliban on the rest of the world. Obviusly that is not how I see Americans but this thing just puzzles me.

The simple answer here is America is used as the hammer in world affairs, we are all ruled and have been for millennia, that's why Hollywood glorifies war so much, the media arm is complicit in raising soldiers, expendable soldiers to send off to fight the bankers wars. These soldiers are convinced they are warriors, however warriors find their path and are not ordered into submission.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The sugar thing LMFAO! You want sugar with your sugar? We also have a sugar special this Friday, you can get two sugars for the price of one!

How do you think we stay so sweet?
SUGAR!

Southern Sweet Iced Tea is a gift from the Gods!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join