It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, someone dug up the Virginia abortion governor's yearbook...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't think we need to be protected from offensive speech or acts. I really don't care that this guy is offensive anymore than I cared about the British Heil Hitler cat. An obviously off-colour joke, that most would find inappropriate and/or offensive. I don't much care that thirty-five years ago he dressed up as part of a racist joke.

I just find it galling the way "offensive" is weaponized in only one direction. If the new rules are everyone is culpable for decades old poor taste, why isn't everyone held to that standard? Or better yet, why doesn't the outrage brigade figure out how little it matters and also see how lopsided the field is on this rule.

So I don't really blame people for saying it should end his career under the new rules "we" have arbitrarily placed other (mostly conservative) people under.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

To what degree do you hold me responsible for something someone else did 150 years ago? I don't feel any guilt. People were murderers 150 years ago. Should you go to jail for what they did?
edit on 1-2-2019 by toms54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Lmao.. just passing by, no worries. No shade shall be thrown. I'm not even with the conservative crowd here. These folks know me as a straight shooting moderate.

This is brutal, lol. Someone definitely did their homework on him after the abortion bill controversy. It's very bi-partisan too, even if a conservative dug up the dirt, liberals are going to be livid and have a field day with this.

Truly the nail in the coffin. Let's see if he steps down in the coming days.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

That looks like legit blackface other than the usual pronounced bright colored lip line, and the Klansmen as well is not a good look.

In the day in age when people get fired for literally dressing as someone they admire, this shouldnt be accepted. The ones that have caused others to lose their job over lesser things cant let this slide.

When I was younger my friends and I used to joke about our differences. Everybody became comfortable enough with each other and themselves that it didnt matter. These days everybody is living through and interacting with image projections. Too many's ego are constantly hanging out due to their inability to like themselves. Inner peace is the only true freedom that's ever existed on this earth.
edit on 2/1/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Who discovered the photo and sold it to the media?! They're my hero, really. I wonder how much money they made by simply doing some investigative homework on him via publicly accessable info. I also wonder their motive, intent, political leanings.

Here we have a guy hated and being attacked by the right recently for his abortion debacle. Yet, the picture is very.. liberal, for lack of a better description. The image will hurt him on the Democratic side the most. Conservatives can jump on it, say hey look and point the finger, but.. it doesn't have the same effect. Is the source left wing or right? Were they motivated by being anti-abortion, a cause championed by the right, or motivated by being anti-racist, a cause championed by the left? At least there's a blip on the radar, a flicker of hope.. a droplet of bi-partisan irony to share.
edit on 2/1/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
...ANNNND today is the first day of 'Black History Month'.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Northam is just another example of Democrats accusing others of things they, themselves, are guilty of doing/being.

Flashback: Northam Campaign Insinuates Gillespie, GOP Are Racist

During the 2017 gubernatorial contest, then-lieutenant governor Ralph Northam cast his opponent, Republican Ed Gillespie, and the Virginians who supported him as bigots intent on implementing policies reflective of their hatred of racial minorities.

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Is anyone surprised?

but, just for fun, you rightists don't believe in Racism right, so you should treat this like a "witch hunt" when it happens to the right

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They are always guilty of what they accuse others of.
edit on 2/1/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Please. Kamala Harris had an affair to get political appointment with a married man and she is the new Darling Female Obama of the DNC rat race for 2020.

Who really cares? Sorry, I see more racist ourbursts from minorities on a daily basis than I do from privileged whites.

Remember when it was just about comedy...

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Is anyone surprised?

but, just for fun, you rightists don't believe in Racism right, so you should treat this like a "witch hunt" when it happens to the right

Not a witch hunt, as I honestly don't care what the idiot had in his yearbook, but I certainly see it as an ironic comedy. Here's a dude who's called for others to be punished based on decades old behavior (which wasn't illegal to begin with) and his own past is jumping up and biting him square in the ass. That amuses me greatly and, to be fair, the fact that he represents the party he does just makes me laugh even harder.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
what has this world come to? abortion, then late term abortion, now this? how can people get away with this? its pure evil.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Please. Kamala Harris had an affair to get political appointment with a married man and she is the new Darling Female Obama of the DNC rat race for 2020.

Now, what would take this from Ironic Comedy to Epic Satire the likes of which even the great Mel Brooks couldn't match would be if news leaked out that it wasn't Willie Brown who Kamala slept her way to political fame with, but was Northam in old age blackface, pretending to be Willie Brown. THAT would sell some tickets at the cinema.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Is anyone surprised?

No most main stream rightists believe in racism.

Unlike many mainstream leftists, we dont think that being a certain color means you cant be racist.

You know, how the media went nuts over a white kid smirking to deflect for actual adult black racists attacking them and the native activists getting in the kids face defending the black racists.

Having said that, also unlike many on the mainstream left, I am not calling for people to step down or be punished over yearbook stuff.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The racist baby-killer just announced that he's not resigning.

(was an alert on Fox, am watching Tucker now)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The racist baby-killer just announced that he's not resigning.

(was an alert on Fox, am watching Tucker now)

He will... more cockroaches will scurry out of the moldering walls of his historical mansion in the days and weeks to come and he will find himself with no other recourse. He's now been tagged for destruction. Unfortunately, this will also provide the left with a mulligan on the revelation of their party's real thoughts on abortion and the value of new born babies, kicking that can down the road a few more years until they test the waters of public opinion on legal infanticide again.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: chr0naut

You can be proud that Australians never treated their black natives like second class citizens.

I'm disgusted about the authorities' treatment of the native people of Australia.

But we never had legal slavery, ever.

You are just playing the semantics game where your history is concerned.

They were were taken from their homes and sent to work on cotton farms and sugar plantations, cattle farms and sheep stations, were there were no limits on how many hours they worked, how hard was the labor, how bad was the treatment or the provision of food and living quarters. Sound familiar? But these slaves, deprived of all personal freedom, were Aboriginal Australian slaves, and their history has been scrubbed from textbooks.

The history of Aboriginal slavery has long been suppressed, and a modern movement of Australian slavery denial has even gained mainstream acceptance. Promoters of this toxic ideology simply don’t want to face up to the fact Australia has a history of genocide and slavery.

But there is no question they were slaves. If you read it up in the dictionaries, slavery is “the condition in which one person is owned as property by another” and the owner has “absolute power” over their “life, liberty, and fortune”. Such people are usually forced into work “in harsh conditions for low pay”.

Aborigine "Indentured Servant" Artlicle

Yea... you couldn't "legally" sell them.

Intellectually dishonest there...

edit on 1-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He is an asset to repubs and trump while he is in office. Milk it!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I dont see him lasting the weekend. Lots of people calling for his resignation now. Virginia state caucus meeting in the morning likely to ask for his resignation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join