It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 1974 Japanese fighter collides with ufo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The following excerpt is from Chris Rutcowskis book "the big book of ufos"

"During an ill-fated Japanese military encounter with a UFO, an F-4 Phantom jet had its on-board weapons system lock on to an object that appeared to be approaching at high speed. The pilot and his weapons officer thought the object on their radar screen was a Soviet aircraft, which often would play cat-and-mouse with their own planes. But as it came in visual range, they saw it was a 40-footwide disc, with square openings on its side.
When the Japanese crew locked its weapons on the UFO, it increased speed and collided head-on with the jet’s nose cone, forcing the crew to eject. Unfortunately, the weapons officer died as a result of the accident. According to one published source, the Japanese government never acknowledged the encounter with the UFO, only attributing the in-flight accident to “a collision with an unknown object at 30,000 feet.”
Chris Rutkowski - The Big Book of UFOs

Try as i might i cant find information on this case anywhere.Does anyone know anything about it?

edit on 2.2.2019 by Kandinsky because: Sources are a requirement

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

forum.keypublishing.com...

perhaps hidden within this forum

regards f.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I did some more digging today,scoured google,checked with wayback machine and also checked the site posted by fakedirt(thanks buddy) and came up with 0 indications of this ever happening.As is its currently only mentioned in that book

So i decided to check on the author himself and see.He has 5 books so far here

www.amazon.com...=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

of which im not familiar and i also found his twitter account here

twitter.com...

If anyone is using the twitter platform would he be so kind as to ask him there for source on this incident?I have never heard of a case of ufo colliding on purpose with an aircraft.Ussualy they keep a steady distance or avoid contact.This is the first case i hear that this has happened.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Had this statement saved mate and think it may be this one - no further info but pilot names included.

"It was made and flown by intelligent beings."

Major Shiro Kubuta, of Japan's Air Self-Defence Force. Kubuta and his pilot, Lt. Colonel Toshio Nakamura, were scrambled in an F-4EJ to intercept what they were told was a Soviet Bomber.Once Airborne they were informed that their target was actually a UFO which had been sighted by ground and was being tracked on radar.
When they closed upon the red, disk-like UFO, it began to manoeuvre around the plane, causing Nakamura to take evasive action.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Great catch Karl,thats it,i ll try to dig some more info on this,for now ive found it in this book

books.google.gr...,+disk-like+UFO,+it+began+to+manoeuvre+around+the+plane ,+causing+Nakamura+to+take+evasive+action.&source=bl&ots=dWb5qvuaOD&sig=ACfU3U08OU3zdPtUOcHO99dbI6m4ImGwMw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi5vq7ixpzgAhVJalAKHUL JBWsQ6AEwAHoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=When%20they%20closed%20upon%20the%20red%2C%20disk-like%20UFO%2C%20it%20began%20to%20manoeuvre%20around%20the%20plane%2 C%20causing%20Nakamura%20to%20take%20evasive%20action.&f=false

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Interesting thread!

Just doing my part to fix ats

If you care abouATS you'll star this post

top topics

join