It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time of year again, the 6 Nations Rugby!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Hi Flavian,

Hehe! I totally get what you mean. It's as though the Wales team(s) are still trying to decide which team they are going to field for the 6 Nations.
But that was a very handy lot of points England added to their tally over the weekend.
Just hope Gatland knows which team he will field against England, because Wales are the only team, in my humble opinion, that stand any chance of wiping the smile off your face.
If they don't, then it will most definitely be England's tournament.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 22 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It's THAT weekend guys and gals!
What say we? Is it a foregone conclusion that this weekend will see England be the winners of 6 Nations 2019??

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Aye. Looking forward to all the matches, but especially England versus Wales. Never underestimate Wales and England's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Eng v Wales
Scotland v France
Italy v Ireland

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Aye. Looking forward to all the matches, but especially England versus Wales. Never underestimate Wales and England's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Eng v Wales
Scotland v France
Italy v Ireland

Welsh shirt on and G&T at the ready

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Feckity Feck Feck.
Feck.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
WELL DONE WALES!
Great game.

posted on Feb, 23 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Your match was totally arse about tit! What happened????
Yes! Didn't we do well

Sooooo bloomin' chuffed!
Rainbows
Jane
edit on 23-2-2019 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   

All credit to the Welsh. A very hard match. Not sure what happened to England. They made too many mistakes. I find rugby supporters are able to raise a glass to the other side when the games has been hard won, or lost. Therefore, I declare that I raised a glass to Wales last night for giving a fantastic game.

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

What happened?
Our game plan was OK but our squad doesn't have any great strength in depth and we are crippled by injuries at the moment (as usual!).
Going forward we tend to rely heavily on our few world-class players, and they're all absent right now.
No Hogg, No Russell, No Hew Jones... etc etc
Gregor Townsend needed to find a way of getting all of our "next best" guys in the team, but that meant playing some of them out of their usual positions.
They didn't play badly, but clearly lacked a cutting edge in the attack.
Too many handling errors and poor decisions in the opposition 22 cost us any chance of racking up some points until it was too late.
I can't remember the last time I was this frustrated watching a game.
I feel that France were there for the taking, but we always seem to manage to shoot ourselves in the foot somehow...

I did enjoy the Wales performance very much though.

posted on Feb, 27 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Calmed down enough now to congratulate Wales.

Bloody useless second half from England though......

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Very happy Welsh girlie here

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
WHAT A WEEKEND!

Congratulations WALES! Grand Slam Champions.

Very well deserved, and I can't remember ever seeing Ireland getting dismantled like that.

Speaking of dismantling...
Scotland were 10-1 odds against beating England at Twickenham, and those looked like quite short odds in the first half as England completely dismantled Scotland and raced into a 31-0 lead. At this point... something happened. I have no idea what, but Scotland started to actually play and they scored a "consolation" try just before half time.
Cue the half-time roasting and arguments in the dressing room, swiftly followed by the best Scotland performance of this years championship. SIX unanswered Scotland tries later and the score was an incredible 31-38 TO SCOTLAND.
But, being Scotland... we let England back in to level things up with the very last phase of play and it ended a 38-38 draw.
The biggest comeback in international rugby history and also the highest ever scoring draw! (apparently).

I would have bet my house on an England victory at half-time, I've NEVER seen anything like it.
What a game, what a championship well done Scotland on retaining the Calcutta Cup! Well done Wales on a magnificent Grand Slam!

The World Cup is going to be AMAZING!

G
edit on 17-3-2019 by Gordi The Drummer because: Fix error in text

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

One EXTREMELY happy girlie here! I did get a chance to watch the highlights of the England v Scotland match.....absolutely fabulous!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Congrats to Wales, deserved winners. However, as they seem to be the Tottenham of the international rugby world, i am fully expecting them to choke at the World Cup! (not bitter, honest guvnor!).

I see Gatland is wanted by both France and England now. I honestly think that if England end up with him, the 6 Nations suddenly becomes far harder for the other nations. That said, he may end up with the All Blacks job - in which case, the rest of us should just pack up and give up!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join