It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday had to put my Dog to sleep

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

These are the two remaining dogs -

The white one is Rodney and the other one is Delboy.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
My sympathies Danny! I have lost many beloved pets through the years and it is just heart wrenching. Know that she had a good long life filled with love and joy and that you will meet again.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

This is one my niece took, told me Midnight was trying out for Red RIding Hood.

Her first chair, she was to big to fit on it like she did as a pup lol.

This one is Midnight after telling her about Playboy when he died.

And just because this is one of my favourite pictures I took of her sleeping, loved being arm in arm with the old girl.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I bet they are missing midnight.
Are they acting weird.?
Like can they tell something is wrong?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I knew you were going to post that... I knew it. And I knew that if I read it I’d start crying again!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Rodney (the white one) sleeps in another room so I don't think he has noticed really but yeah Delboy doesn't want to come into the room. He is sleeping right now in the passage on a huge couch cushion. I made sure Midnights old chair was ready for him by the window and told him to jump up but he just didn't want to. Both tend to spend most of the day with my parents so they do get attention but I think being up here, where Midnight spent most of her time is a different feeling for him, almost like he knows shes missing. I told him I told him that she was gone but he prefers the cushion so I don't want to force him or anything. He'll get to it in his own time.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Ya, other pets just know some how.
Our two cats sat outside Loki’s crate the whole first night he was gone.
Both of them, laying side by side, facing the crate.
It was very eerie at first.
But, then I thought about, Loki had been part of the family to them to.
He was there every day they were, and now suddenly he was gone.
Even in the day before, when Loki was sick, my wife said the Black Cat was right beside Loki and his crate, laying on the floor.
Animals definitely can sense these things.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: spacedoubt

Very well said.
And let me be the first to say, that is one fine looking meow you have in your pic.
Trouble maker no doubt!

Trouble maker, a little. He likes posing for the camera.
pretty sure he likes dogs too. for teasing purposes.
At the moment we've got a 3 and 3 ratio of dogs/cats.
We love them all, all their personalities.
That's why they're so easy to miss when they are gone.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Without a doubt they do. I'm just hoping they'll get through it quicker than I do but usually a few treats will get them going again lol or hearing their leads for walks, no matter where they are in the house they just come running lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

That’s for sure.
We have 2 cats and a 5 month old pup.
They love giving the pup a whap when he gets close.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yup that leash rattles and they know what time it is!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I have tears after reading that, and totally get your heart being in a million pieces, as I have been there.
Midnight is with Playboy now, happy and pain-free.
Someday you will see them both again.

In the meantime, grieve.
It will hurt, you will shed a few or more tears.
But at some point your heart will heal, it won't be the same but the pain will lessen.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

God bless you and her. I know she was just a baby to you. Animals are awesome!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I've been there. I've done that. I've felt that. I know I'll have to again sooner or later.

What I hold on to is this - you'll see 'em again someday pal.

They'll be waiting for ya. They loved you and you know them. Living a life of sadness isn't what they'd want from you. Chin up, one day at a time, one foot in front of the other.. you can do this..

Peace..

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

That is the hardest thing. You know its for the best. But i never feels like it. Im am sorry for your loss.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

Thanks and yeah it is hard. So far today I've woken up and told Midnight to "come on wee wees" before realising she isn't there. I've been shopping about almost bought her normal bag of biscuits and treats then realised she wasn't here, not to mention coming home and standing at the front door (about an hour ago) where I'd usually have to knock because she was almost completely deaf (from an ear infection/old age) I'd knock so she could feel the vibration on the door (she could still here some loud noises we taught her to listen for claps) and when I got to my front door I went to knock but froze and put my head on the door and just wished I could see her through the glass looking back up at me with her goofy look.

And to go along with all the stuff I'm going through I've suffered with ear ache for almost three weeks now and have medication but the crying and the wanting to scream stuff is making it so much worse or at least feel much worse. Driving me nuts. But honestly the silence is the worst, the endless silence I can have the television up full blast, I've got a speaker beside me playing rain water (helps with the ear ache for some reason) but this room feels so empty and silent. Part of me wishes that I could get over her quickly but knowing my own history it could take me months just to get passed the needing to cry part but never get over, I know I'll never get over losing her just getting through is the best thing I can hope for.

Breaks my heart knowing shes gone. I know people say she's gone to a better place (not sure about how much better she could've had it lol) and out of pain or what have you but that doesn't mean much because all that says to me is that shes gone from me, I've lost the one thing that made me wake up in the morning, made me go to work because I wanted money to spoil her rotten, the thing that made me smile in the morning, even in the final days when she would struggle up the stairs and take twenty minutes to get up ten steps knowing then that one day she would be gone I just didn't know that a place could feel this empty.

I blame myself though. I know people will say it wasn't my fault I couldn't have done anything etc. but I was the one who took her, held her why they did it. She had a Seizure before a few months before Christmas and the wobbly legs stuff she got passed all that and eventually was back to what she was like before which makes me think maybe I was rushing into getting this done for her, maybe she had some more time left but because I didn't think about that at that moment I gave her up to soon even though I swore I'd protect her. And I can't shake that feeling. I've looked up online and apparently its normal to feel like that - I've already done the whole bargaining thing I won't go into who I asked for help but trust me if it was a bad horror movie I'd have sold my soul at this point lol - but not being able to completely lose it and scream and cry etc. I think is making this harder than the last time.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
My thoughts are with you Dwoodward.
Words alone can't express how we feel when we loose a family member, and words over the internet can't show how much we all feel for your loss. I lost my Logan and Diesel in the last 6 months, the last year was a heart breaker for me, my gang/pack halved very quickly and my home feels empty. Just know that many of us are thinking about you.

edit on 1-2-2019 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

If you want to scream and shout do so, and if you need to cry they cry your eyes out. Let it all out and embrace your grief. Then learn to channel it and turn it into something productive. Your love is the greatest gift you could have given her and in time she will come to you in your sleep just as real as she ever was.

At some point you will get another dog either a pup or a rescue and love and friendship will manifest in another form. For now though, cherish her memories.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I got all teary eyed reading that post.

maybe she had some more time left but because I didn't think about that at that moment I gave her up to soon even though I swore I'd protect her. And I can't shake that feeling.

Even if she had more time, what quality of life would she have had? You didn't want her to suffer so you let her go and made the right decision.

So many of us have been where you are now and understand the heartache. It is a huge adjustment and we feel so empty, helpless and sorrowful when we lose a precious pet. They are our children. Just know that you gave her a wonderful life and you will always have your precious memories. She will be waiting for you Danny and you will be together again.

Whenever I would lose a cat, I would swear that I would never put myself through that heartache again by getting another. Then...either an abandoned cat would find its way into my life who needed love and a forever home or I would search the shelters for some sweet kitty who so desperately wanted and needed someone to love and care for them and...yup, I would take them home and I never ever regreted it. Now I have years of treasured memories with so many beautiful litle souls among other wonderful animals.

Your dogs are beautiful.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Night Star

I knew you were going to post that... I knew it. And I knew that if I read it I’d start crying again!

Someone once gave me a card with that poem when one of my cats died and it really touched me.
With the elderly cats I had to put to sleep, before we took them, I would hold them in my arms and tell them they were going somewhere so beautiful where there would be no more pain and they could run free and happy. I told them we would be together again and I truly believe that we will.

Now I'm crying. Sheesh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join