It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Closing/Removing of threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hey ATS admin/mods/users I was wondering .. would it be a good idea when a thread is closed or deleted that there is a follow up of why this has happened or even should a thread be deleted and removed rather than simply closed so users can still read the thread yet obviously can no longer add to it. Maybe have a way of showing, when searching for a thread maybe a small pad lock symbol to show the thread is now longer open for discussion

This thought has only just occurred to me as there was a thread that now seems to have disappeared in the 'Area 51 and other facilities' thread about a guy who was taken to some strange place and they were trying to find a way of leaving. Yeah ok it may of been complete BS, but actually became quite a read and definitely intrigued me especially when some posted the EXIF data of an alleged photo the user took at the photos location was Antarctica.

Would it be a good idea that when a thread has been closed that a reply could be inserted by a mod or admin as to why the thread had been closed. Because after seeing that thread being closed pending review and then it mysteriously disappears without no reason given certainly makes the mind wonder.

Edit: Things that make you go ... hmmmmm
edit on 29-1-2019 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Would it be a good idea that when a thread has been closed that a reply could be inserted by a mod or admin as to why the thread had been closed. Because after seeing that thread being closed pending review and then it mysteriously disappears without no reason given certainly makes the mind wonder. 

Mods have explained many times before that they close threads for many reasons and it will not be explained to the general membership as to why.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I would be happy with just a list so I don't wonder if I'm getting senile when I can't find it. Maybe let us see the titles in the trash but not be able to open them. The reason is obvious - you didn't like it.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Oh thanks DAVID I was unaware of this. Ok understandably I can't questions admin and mods actions for the site I respect their way of running the site. Just thought it would be good for a bit of transparency. Ok nevermind I guess this issue can be ignored and thread deleted .. least I will know why this one will get deleted
sorry to waste people's time

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I guess I just thought it would be nice to see the results of when mods and admin review a thread and as to whether why a thread was deleted or closed. I'm not asking for a full paragraph of wording explaining why just a simple one liner for example

'Thread closed
Reason: it's complete garbage'

It always makes me think when a thread gets reviewed and it just vanishes

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This was discussed here just recently bud,

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

This was discussed here just recently bud,

Ah crap that will teach me for not looking at the threads in the Board questions forum.
Admin/mods it seems the above linked thread has explained my question apologises for not looking for related threads regarding my question please delete if necessary

Edit: after reading the link that was posted, for the first time in almost 10 years I've found something I'm not happy with about ATS. Im not knocking the way it's run ATS is great and to be honest I'm glad this site exists
edit on 29-1-2019 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Looks like there has been adequate answers to this.
And, yes, we don't discuss staff actions with anyone other than the involved.....privacy of the member.
Nothing nefarious or conspiratorial.

Threads are closed and removed for many reasons....and some are closed with explanations when possible.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join