It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason Why The Internet Was Invented

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
I cannot confirm nor deny this claim...

You absolutely can, set up a wireless transmission arrangement like Tesla's and attempt to transmit high voltage.

Then report back.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sorry to be the spoilsport, but this site distributes many illegal copies of copyrighted work.
Just one example is "Effective Java" by Joshua Bloch.
If you download from that site and find the material useful for your life, why not go ahead and purchase a legal copy of the book? Some authors invest a lot of work to put a book together. Seems fair to give something back, doesn't it?
Such sites also are candidates for becoming a source for computer malware. So make sure you are up-to-date with your software before accessing.

BTW, the actual reason why the Internet was invented is MUCH cooler:

About ARPANET (precursor of the Internet) and the Stanford Research Institute (SRI)

The ultimate objective of ARPANET was the augmentation of human intellect, and as such the people involved in laying the foundation for our modern world wide web, saw their goals converging with those of their SRI colleagues working on other types of ‘radical’ ideas, like the study (and practical harnessing) of extra-sensory perception; both groups saw themselves as peers and pioneers pushing the boundaries of Science on different fronts.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Probably be a wise idea to stay away from any illegal copies of anything, unless someone is an elected official, and have private servers, then everything is fine.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is awesome. Thank you so much. I will be spending a lot of time in there.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hahaha i remember using sites exactly like this one to score a bunch of free college textbooks while i was taking community classes.
Couldn't afford even community college so I always dropped the classes i couldn't find free books for.
edit on 28-1-2019 by humanityliveson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
Sorry to be the spoilsport, but this site distributes many illegal copies of copyrighted work.

Yeh, these sites are akin to Piratebay but for books lol

I use to use sites like this to find free (albeit illegal) copies of really good books when i was first learning to code.

Access to those kinds of resources is one of the reasons i was able to become a software engineer without getting a degree and being unable to afford community college books.

Now a day's I'm totally able to support fellow creators! I've even gone back and purchased books i've finished just for support

I personally think anyone who really wants to learn/read something should have an avenue for it, whether they can afford it or not.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I present you the PDF Drive
You can find almost everything on there. Books and knowledge I mean. And isn't that why the internet was invented after all, to share information.
It's wonderful try it and donate if you can.
So far I got:
Quantum Physics for Dummies
Cognitive Psychology
Fun With A Pencil

But it's a real treasure whatever interests you I bet you can find it.
Enjoy

Wow, awesome find! Many stars indeed.

ETA - Definitely going pro on payday..

edit on 28-1-2019 by Scifi2424 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityliveson

I understand, and I applaud that you remember what has helped you and give something back once you can!

In a world where money has become a key tool of oppression, it may be a somewhat natural reaction that websites ike these pop up.

Fortunately the number of free and legal resources for learning keeps increasing by the day. I am amazed what can be found on YouTube alone. I once made a thread about free learning resources.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SacredLore
If you download from that site and find the material useful for your life, why not go ahead and purchase a legal copy of the book? Some authors invest a lot of work to put a book together. Seems fair to give something back, doesn't it?
Such sites also are candidates for becoming a source for computer malware. So make sure you are up-to-date with your software before accessing.

BTW, the actual reason why the Internet was invented is MUCH cooler:

About ARPANET (precursor of the Internet) and the Stanford Research Institute (SRI)

The ultimate objective of ARPANET was the augmentation of human intellect, and as such the people involved in laying the foundation for our modern world wide web, saw their goals converging with those of their SRI colleagues working on other types of ‘radical’ ideas, like the study (and practical harnessing) of extra-sensory perception; both groups saw themselves as peers and pioneers pushing the boundaries of Science on different fronts.

Kinda what I said....

edit on 29-1-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing this

You know I didnt actually mean all that stuff I said about you. And the thread I made about you (im sure youve heard...) in which several members participated in before it was removed, that was just my way of expressing how much I really look up to you. It was kinda like, one of those things, like, we always hurt the ones we love the most, you know?

Anywho, I was just kidding about making a thread. But basically I just wanted to let you know that I think you do have Some, er, ok, ok..."quite a few", um, well lets just call them "redeeming qualities".

Thats all.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

...all the Internet is is a cheap arse facsimile of naturally occurring human telepathy...

Oh, I had not seen your very interesting comment. Yes, I think that is a possibility, although we have no hard proof (as with all "paranormal" phenomena). Let us hope that we can recover our full spiritual talents in the near future!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is fantastic. Thanks

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wasn't the internet invented originally to download jpgs of video girls? Then it got faster now we can live stream Stormy Daniels and think of Trump pumping his hugly big noodle too impeachment. Peachy great orange man that thinks he leads the world! He is sure it was invented to save addressing the people and writing speeches, 120 character tweets are a lot easier.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

I feel the opposite is true. Stories of telepathy see based on ancient tales of thr internet from before a dark period in history.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Really interesting PDF. It was so much informative and knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing this kind of helpful information.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 26 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Wow, this is very, very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join