It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking gin and the ear riing of the ears

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hi all.
Just wanted to let you all know that after gin made in England (Gibies) I think it is called.
My ringing in the ears stopped

If you all have ringing in the ears give it a try and post your results here.

really no ringing at all

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Is it only temporary until you sober up, lol? Just kidding.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I've been wanting to take up drinking gin........seeing it in the movies.....

We need all the home remedy info we can get......

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
If you experience ringing in the ears you might want to repair your vagus nerve..... youtube.... Tinnitus and the vagus nerve.
Mend the vagus nerve and you will feel amazing.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The ringing in the ears may be gone, but the pounding in the head will start in the morning.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I drink Gin...still got tinnitus in both ears. Have no intention of increasing my intake from 1-2 night caps almost every evening.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Gin is made from Juniper berries. Juniper berries are a kidney specific medicine in oriental and ayurvedic medicine. Tinitus (ringing in the ears) is considered a kidney issue in the aforementioned paradigms, so its not inconcievable to believe it would have the effect mentioned.

However, everything becomes what it treats, so I wouldnt be so bold as to assume drinking gin is the best answer.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Now....being a Clinical Aromatherapist, I never thought about the Juniper connection!
In Aromatherapy, Juniper's key word is 'blockages'...it removes them.
*toddles off to grab her bottle of Juniper EO and dab some behind her ears*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What are you drinking the gin with? It may not actually be the gin, but the gin could be an adjuvant that helps to bring certain chemistry into the ears or brain. Gin is actually different than other alcohols, the part that dries your mouth is a special chemistry and it has medical properties. I ran into that somewhere, not related to ringing ears though, but I can't remember what the chemistry was off hand but know it had something to do with the dryness.

The association you have noticed can be real, but no doctor is going to prescribe Gin to a patient.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Me too, I've never had a martini but have suddenly been wanting one lately.
I don't have ringing in the ears, tho!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well....they used to rub it into the gums of teething children

You are a mine of information sir!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Take me with a pinch of salt, but there is something in gin and tonic that some swear is harmful to the ears (I mean long-term abuse).

Strangely it is the tonic, they say, rather than the gin.

Traditionally it was a colonial drink against malaria and the tonic had quinine.

Well, once met a dude at the bar and he said his girlfriend had brittled her ear-bones or whatever by constantly drinking gin and tonic water.

www.peoplespharmacy.com...
edit on 26-1-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

How about now?

I'm glad it worked for you. I bet it was driving you nuts.

A little something to celebrate the occasion.

edit on 26-1-2019 by Skid Mark because: Videos

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

What are you on about?

ringing in the ears comes from watching and listening to TV... there's a very faint high pitched tone that comes through the speakers from the tv or from your PC.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

tinnitus does not come from tv lol. Im on about: 26 years as a clinician

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Me too, I've never had a martini but have suddenly been wanting one lately.
I don't have ringing in the ears, tho!

Just make up the excuse that you have ringing in your ears when you meet someone at the store you know who is a holy hopper who is against drinking. say you heard that it is good for tinnitis so you figured a two liter bottle was necessary to buy for experimenting.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Time for morning Kirtan.

edit on 26-1-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
What are you drinking the gin with? It may not actually be the gin, but the gin could be an adjuvant that helps to bring certain chemistry into the ears or brain. Gin is actually different than other alcohols, the part that dries your mouth is a special chemistry and it has medical properties. I ran into that somewhere, not related to ringing ears though, but I can't remember what the chemistry was off hand but know it had something to do with the dryness.

The association you have noticed can be real, but no doctor is going to prescribe Gin to a patient.

I mixed the gin with orange juice.
Actually I would never post something that is not really true on this forum, since some of the members actually know who I am and what I do on forums.
But this gin stuff actually did stop the ringing in my ears, but... this morning the ringing came back at a much lower sound, so maybe those people that have commented here are correct, it actually may help in some cases.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: rickymouse

I mixed the gin with orange juice.
Actually I would never post something that is not really true on this forum, since some of the members actually know who I am and what I do on forums.
But this gin stuff actually did stop the ringing in my ears, but... this morning the ringing came back at a much lower sound, so maybe those people that have commented here are correct, it actually may help in some cases.

Somehow it is treating a symptom, either directly or indirectly. Indirectly meaning it is stimulating the creation of an enzyme and the enzyme is actually stopping the ringing effect. Gin is different than most boozes. one of the following chemicals in Gin might cause that, mixing it with OJ which has limonine too, might actually be helping. www.compoundchem.com...

It's hard to tell what is causing it to stop your tinnitis.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

tinnitus does not come from tv lol. Im on about: 26 years as a clinician

You said and I state " Tinitus (ringing in the ears) is considered a kidney issue". these are your exact words.

I can 100% say that the ringing in the ears comes from watching TV or watching on your PC via a high pitched tone coming through the speakers... or from the PC itself.. well, it's actually low in sound volumn as you can hardly hear it but it is there.. and after years of it being there, from since you're a child, it gradually stay's there forever, unless you were to move away to an island to get away from TV and PC['s and other technology which can also produce this high pitched tone!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join