It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

League Of Legends - Rank Placement AKA Toxicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Don't play league of legends right now, unless you like an extra helping of toxic community.

It's really very terrible.

Let me rephrase that. Don't play ranked. Play a non-ranked game type, and everything is probably the same. Ranked is full of 12 year olds, trolls, and people trying to sabotage League, from other games, probably Fortnite or Overwatch.
edit on 25-1-2019 by Archivalist because: lame

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

I was never into the game or MOBAs however I knew a dude, in his 30s that would troll games.

So I can only imagine.

And don't get me wrong that guy was/is a pos still, haven't seen him in some years.

Probably still stay at his mama house.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
full of 12 year olds, trolls, and people trying to sabotage

Ah so the way online games have always been.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Please define “Toxic” as that can mean different things to different people.

Regardless of the version of toxic you’re exposed to surely you can man/woman up, ignore it and just enjoy the game?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

If you've played league, you know that league IS the definition of toxic.

To answer your question, no. There's no way to ignore it all. You need to play the game a few times to understand some things.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

I’m assuming there are other people like myself who have not played the game,
I’ll ask directly, can you please define by what you mean by toxic?

I’m genuinely curious

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Psychological warfare meets Mad Max.

Toxic is a term for people who are rude, abusive, condescending and generally any negative adjective you want to use.

Toxic in league is toxic on steroids after 42 red bull and *insert things to make it worse*

Part of the problem is a single mistake in league can cost an entire match and league is FULL of people who expect perfection yet can't deliver it.

You can find some nice people but they're far and few between because it takes time to mute everyone every match and then you miss out on cues and such.

Long story short, you have to listen to it every match or risk making a mistake. It's a 10000000000 edged sword.

Longer story short, ATS is comparably tame and don't play league if you're not an @^#^#^^.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Some team members will force your team into a loss, just to laugh about it.

Some players spend the entire match, telling their team members how to play the game, in non constructive ways, while neglecting to properly play the game, themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
"Ranked is full of 12 year olds, trolls, and people trying to sabotage League, from other games"

In my experience, ALL online games are filled with this type of crap. Maybe stop playing games . . . .. you know GAMES (things that have no effect on the real world *cough cough including football cough cough*) and grow up?

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

Nice reply post, it's like I'm really playing League right now!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sounds like a crappy game....

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It's a great game, it just has an unusually high number of toxic people and that number keeps growing over its lifetime.

Unfortunately this is a problem in every game and until all game developers put in a "never play with this person again because they're toxic" option as well as a "dont play with anyone who has a high toxic rating" option, the problem will never go away.

Things will improve once a system is in place so that toxic people are able to find fewer and fewer people to play with as a result of their negative actions. With luck, some will realize that if they want to be able to actually play a game, they need to start treating themselves and others with respect. It's unlikely to happen though as it seems sociopathy has become the norm

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

Trolling has always been a part of gaming.. Seems like League of legends just attracts more trolls.

Maybe because it's like call of duty. Huge audience that brings in the toxic players..

And your system? Well, how hard would it be for troll teams to down like a player into exile? Easily abused..

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I believe you're more intelligent than your replies indicate.

Best of luck in your life.

new topics

top topics

join