It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Wall Funding - Should President Trump Negotiate Down from 5.7 Billion Dollars.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump makes great deals as he says. Let's see if he walks the walk...or if the bone spurs will be acting up.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It should, but it won't.

All they care about is grabbing and holding onto their power.

The Democrat Party leaders are concerned mainly with keeping their Big Donors: the drug cartels, traffickers, and smugglers, and Open Society globalists.

The Dem Party sold Americans down the river long ago. We're inching our way back, but swamp rats have taken over everywhere in DC, and it is going to take getting Loud and Clear like we did in 2016 to shut them out for good.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Trump makes great deals as he says. Let's see if he walks the walk...or if the bone spurs will be acting up.

Bone spurs... that bastard!

I was going to vote for him next time but it turns out he has a physical condition that made him fail a military physical.

I think we should rise up against all people with bone spurs and build a wall to keep them out!!!

The word sophomoric comes to mind...

On topic, yes, let's see what three weeks will bring.

Again, I understand why he did it... it is really good PR for 2020.

I find it funny that the left is assuming this is the end of the movie though when we're in the 2nd scene...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
He should just give it up. By the time all of the eminent domain stuff is out of court, he'll be out of office, and the next president will put a stop to it. Not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
He should just give it up. By the time all of the eminent domain stuff is out of court, he'll be out of office, and the next president will put a stop to it. Not going to happen.

Wishful thinking again, I see...

You should probably look up "National Emergency" as it pertains to eminent domain.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I would like to hear how the US Military would lock down the border.

There HAS to be a contingency plan already in place for this in the event of pandemic or similar emergency already.

Now that is what I would like to know...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Americans voted for a "more balanced" government in November 2018, and look what it got them...Two years of fighting and investigations.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Most of the land has already been purchased. Any holdouts will be compensated and land seized, after the Executive Order is implemented.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
I would like to hear how the US Military would lock down the border.
There HAS to be a contingency plan already in place for this in the event of pandemic or similar emergency already.
Now that is what I would like to know...

Where did you obtain this information? First I've heard of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I was going to vote for him next time but it turns out he has a physical condition that made him fail a military physical.

I think we should rise up against all people with bone spurs and build a wall to keep them out!!!

I find it funny that the left is assuming this is the end of the movie though when we're in the 2nd scene...

Like trump said, just enjoy the ride. America is great again. We got exactly what we asked for.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Yes.

Now that the government is back open and trump didn't get a dime for the wall the dems need to show that they were telling the truth when they said they wouldn't cave because it gives the presidency to much power over them.

Now the best move they could do is to actually fund the parts of the border that can use a structure and fix up the existing structures.

It would show a real move on their part for breaching this divide.

Would actually be a win win for the dems plus a small win for trump.

Fingers crossed.

What I fear is that the dems get cocky and mean and push the repubs and trump to much. Then we are right back where we started.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

He should just Implement the Emergency and get the construction process started! Sure there will be court challenges brought by Democrats

That court fight could last until the next dem potus who will immediately strike it down.

but the Supreme Court will ultimately uphold his decision

That's not 100% certain, and coupled with what I said above makes this risky.

I have always said i think it's to big of a risk and that trump will ultimately feel the same.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Americans voted for a "more balanced" government in November 2018, and look what it got them...Two years of fighting and investigations.

Actually, the people I know that voted for Trump didn't vote for a "balanced" government.

We've had that since forever, after all.. two wings of the same bird.

No... they voted for chaos... something to upend what has gone on for too long.

He's got my vote next time... the applecart needed to be upended.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

He should just Implement the Emergency and get the construction process started! Sure there will be court challenges brought by Democrats

That court fight could last until the next dem potus who will immediately strike it down.

but the Supreme Court will ultimately uphold his decision

That's not 100% certain, and coupled with what I said above makes this risky.

I have always said i think it's to big of a risk and that trump will ultimately feel the same.

I think you missed the part where in the Supreme Court that it has to be shown that a court has standing in reguards to not only EO's, but the President's right to call a National Emergency..

This is a bigger apple than you think... done right it will stop legislating the executive branch from the bench.

A Progressive nightmare, since this is how they have "written" laws that they can't get done through the legislative branch.

There is a bigger picture here... Clarence Thomas hinted about it in the "Muslim ban" ruling that Trump won.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Something trump could have signed .

I think we should use that original bill. The one the repub controlled congress passed. The one with that $25B for border security in it that trump said he would sign but then changed his mind at the last min causing this whole mess in the first place.

Now it looks like we get much much less for border security.

Was that the plan all along? Was trump in on it?
After all trumps businesses have been shown to benefit from illegal workers.....hhhhmmmmm

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
What happened to the $50- some billion allocated to build the wall in 2006 I think it was? It was approved, bill drafted...and he wants only $5+ billion?

Where's the last amount, where did they build that last wall approved?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Like trump said, just enjoy the ride. America is great again. We got exactly what we asked for.

If you would care to turn off CNN and look at our economy right now and the direction our country is going, do you see it as a bad thing?

OK, you would see the direction as bad, because we are swinging back to nationalism instead of globalism, but the other part?

You know, the part about our citizens doing better financially?

How is that bad to you?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

The government shouldn't be allowed to take my land for any reason!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: queenofswords

Why wait 3 weeks? The Executive Order has been in his desk, ready to go, for more than a week already. There's NO WAY Pelosi or Schumer is going to agree to MORE than $5.7 Billion. The President has $7 Billion available TODAY, if he goes forward unilaterally.

That will lead to an immediate liberal court injunction ending tied up in the ninth circuit court of appeals. A fight the president can win, but how long will it take?

That executive order is a last, last resort nuclear option. But if he doesn't get the funding for barriers on the southern border he wants by the end of this temporary deal to reopen government and get people paid, it will then be his ONLY option to avoid another shutdown.

edit on 25-1-2019 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

The real revolution we should be fighting is against government taking our land.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join