It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Wall Funding - Should President Trump Negotiate Down from 5.7 Billion Dollars.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
January 25, 2019

Here is what $5.7 Billion will buy...

Along the 2,000-mile U.S. border with Mexico, the Trump administration's plan calls for building 215 miles of barriers. About 100 miles would be for new fencing and the rest would replace or bolster existing barriers.
Source: www.usatoday.com...

There are physical barriers along the US-Mex border right now. About 600 miles worth.

President Trump announced today that he is going to "negotiate" with Democrats. In my opinion, the $5.7 Billion is too little. Negotiating down from there is totally unacceptable.

The President has an Executive Order all ready to go that would declare an Emergency at our southern border, and utilize $7 Billion that the Office of Management and Budget has identified, that could be used for border structure construction. (I'm sure they'll "find" even more $$$ than that.)

He should just Implement the Emergency and get the construction process started! Sure there will be court challenges brought by Democrats, but the Supreme Court will ultimately uphold his decision, because it reduces crime and drug inflows from Mexico into the United States.

For those of you who are in favor of increasing the safety of Americans from threats coming across our southern border, with Physical Structures, would you agree with President Trump accepting less than the $5.7 Billion in the negotiations occurring between now and February 15th? Or, do you also feel that Trump should take unilateral action Immediately? Not wait until the Feb 15th deadline for negotiations to conclude.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/25/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think he should just declare an emergency at the southern border at the end of the 3 weeks. It absolutely is an emergency and there are stats to prove it. IMO, we are being invaded so that our resources and services are overrun and taxed to the limit.

Schumer has already come out this afternoon and said there will be no wall funding. It is still a non starter with Schumer and Pelosi. It is going to take some common sense Democrats to break ranks, and NP controls the Big Donor purse strings, and important committee positions.

I'm curious to see if NP will allow the SOTU to go forward in the House Chambers now that the government has temporarily reopened. I look for her to nix that, too.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I say do it now...Otherwise the Democrats/Deep State will have 3 weeks to come up with a false flag operation to distract the public and it will have to be big...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The whole border needs to be done. He can get some allocated for now but it can't end there.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

SOTU is going to be Tuesday after next, supposedly...

I understand why he is doing this... political posturing to appear to be the adult in the room.

I don't think he understands that he IS the only adult in the room as far as this negotiation goes.

Although I've been told that there have been a lot of back-channel talk the last few weeks between Democrats and Repubs and some House Democrats have told him that if he just gives them three weeks then he will have his wall funding...

Who knows... time will tell, I guess.

Either way, three more weeks isn't that big a deal and people get paid.

As far as settling for less, he's 20 billion under where he started, so just... no.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Why wait 3 weeks? The Executive Order has been in his desk, ready to go, for more than a week already. There's NO WAY Pelosi or Schumer is going to agree to MORE than $5.7 Billion. The President has $7 Billion available TODAY, if he goes forward unilaterally.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
I say do it now...Otherwise the Democrats/Deep State will have 3 weeks to come up with a false flag operation to distract the public and it will have to be big...

I'm disappointed that Trump didn't pull the trigger today. Get the border structure funding totally off the table.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The whole border needs to be done. He can get some allocated for now but it can't end there.

It won't be. Especially after stats come in showing how well the border wall is working.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Dims want a techinoligicly protected border so they can cut funding and it dies. If it's a fence or wall they are required to maintain it.

Keep listening to what they want.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's not the size of the price tag that seems to be important here.

Only damaging the president. At any price.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That's news to me. The original amount requested was $25 Billion??!!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I just watched the news and of course they were saying that Trump finally caved and will sign the bill to stop the shutdown for three weeks. Then they start getting a guy on there saying Trump is weak, weaker than GWB.

The Liberals think they won this, it is a three week pause because Trump realizes that some people are being hurt by this. The shut down was temporarily lifted because the Democrats will negotiate they say, bot the news said they will not give at all, they will not give in one bit. So Trump gets called weak because he cares for the people and the Liberals will not budge at all. Who is good for country, surely not the Democrats who will not even work for the good of the people. All they are worried about is getting their way, the way of a half dozen troublemakers running the show in the house. The rest of the Democrats do not have the guts to stand up against those few for the good of the people of this country.

That is my opinion, I just got more respect again for the Republicans and disgust for the Democrats. I just got a Democratic survey in the mail and looked at how they worded it, it was disgusting how it was worded to trick people into saying things they do not believe in. No option at all for someone to comment or to say they do not like what one part says because they worded it so I would feel bad if I did anything other than approve. I am smart enough to see how it was leading me to reinforce some radical Liberal views. It is in the garbage now. Remember, at one time I was pretty liberal, now I am sort of ashamed to say I was connected to them or the Democratic party at one time. Yes, some of the local democrats have a brain and do things for the people and I saw where a Congressman woman from downstate told Pelosi to get in with Trump and negotiate. I suppose that disqualifies her from getting any support from the democrats in congress in the future. What kind of horror story have we allowed to be created in this country. The silent majority needs to stand up and tell both sides to just shut up and start representing the best interest of our citizens instead of the interests of their campaign contributors.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

The electronic border wouldn't stop people from illegally setting foot on American soil anyway. Once they do that, most are ultimately released into the U.S. population. Obama's catch-and-release law is to blame. I wonder why it's not challenged? That law is crazy.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
It's not the size of the price tag that seems to be important here.
Only damaging the president. At any price.

Good point. Pelosi did say, "I'm not giving you $1 for a wall".

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

3 weeks opens the way for federal employees to get paid....relief for them and their families.

The SOTU can be given to Congress and the American people, and at the House Chambers as is traditional. There should be no security concerns with government being opened.

The Super Bowl goes forward without all the air traffic and TSA security concerns.

Schumer has already said this afternoon there will be NO funding for a Wall or barrier. So, we wait to see if other Democrats with more sense than Schumer and Pelosi will break rank and stand with The American People.

After 3 weeks, if progress has not been made on the wall funding, POTUS needs to do what is best for the safety and security of the American People as he promised. Declare an emergency, and begin to move forward with the building of the wall. Caravans are moving this way as we speak.

edit on 25-1-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
As long as 100s of people a day crap on the sidewalks in Pelosi's town, I can't see how her decision making can be seen as acceptable.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Actual videos of Schumer and Pelosi advocating for physical border structures are all over. Yet they don't think they're needed today.

Blindly following hypocrites Schumer and Pelosi on this border wall issue, should make Democrats in Congress feel like they've signed away their personal dignity and independence.

edit on 1/25/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

So there’s 600 miles of fence, that money would add only 100 more miles, and fix some existing? And that leaves two thirds approximately left without a wall....of which a bit is a river crossing.....

Hardly seems worth the bother...Doesn’t seem like it’s enough money to fix anything...

And then there’ll be that pesky northern border, which is even longer......

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Maybe that's why $25 Billion was initially requested in 2017/2018 negotiations.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: rickymouse

Actual videos of Schumer and Pelosi advocated for physical border structures are all over. Yet they don't think they're needed today.

Blindly following hypocrites Schumer and Pelosi on this border wall issue, should make Democrats in Congress should feel like they've signed away their personal dignity and independence.

Oh sweety, you sign that over when you run for office as a Democrat now.

The days when Democrats stood for the middle class working family were over long ago.

Now it's a race to see if they can own America before they are lynched.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join