It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did you find out?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I heard about the first plane on the news that morning, just before heading to work. The second I heard about on the radio on my way in to work. I had seen several cars pulled off to the side of the highway, so I turned on the radio to see if there was a traffic accident that was causing problems...I wish there had been.

I spent the rest of the day picking up news from another forum because the major news sites were down, and helping one panicked customer (I was working at an ISP at the time) track down someone at an airline so he could find out if his son was accounted for (he was).

That night I destroyed two arnis sticks working out the anger and fear on the pell behind my house.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I was 15 at the time. I got off the bus from school (I live in England so it was about 4:30pm) and my mate who was at the bus stop says;

"A planes hit the skyscrapers in America."

Thinking nothing off it I headed home, later to be glued to my T.V for hours in fascination confusion and shock of what had happened.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
turned on the tv in australia late at night and saw the first pictures coming in, i was stuck to the television, it was an awful thing and I immediately pointed the finger in my mind to Osama Bin Laden. Now I am not so sure..

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I hadn't even heard of Mr. Bin Laden before 9/11. I assumed it was an accident at first, then realised it just couldn't be...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I too was at work. A co-worker was listening to the radio and yelled that a plane just hit one of the twin towers. My first thought was how could that happen it's a no fly zone. After spending years in the US Navy my second thought was an attack which was confirmed after the second plane.
It was a very emotional day at the office. My family lives in NY and some work in the city and I was desperately trying to call and get through to make sure everyone was ok.
My cousin Anthony worked at the WTC, there was a gym there and he would usually go in before work and exercise for an hour. However that particular morning he overslept and didn't make it to the gym. Thank God because it saved his life.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I was walking home from high-school with a friend (UK). I walked into the house with my friend and my dad was standing infront of the tv leaning against the wall. He said "This son is the start of world war 3", then he moved and I saw the planes crashing into the WTC's. I'll never forget what my dad said that day, thats what has left the biggest print on my mind. From whats gone on in the past few years, he still maybe right.

Vorta

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Now don't get upset because that's not really how I feel. The goverment made 911 happen and blamed it on someone else. Screw the government, it's time we Eliminate, Terminate, Obliterate the whole lot of them.

I think you're beginning to answer my first question I U2U'd you on. I'm still interested in piecing together that puzzle...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I think I already told this story here before on another thread similar to this one but I'll write it again. I was in my house. It was between 8-830 am I really couldnt say for sure. I turn on the TV as I walked to the bathroom and it was on FOX News (yeah I used to watch FOX before they became the REPNEWSNETWORK), as Im brushing my teeth I could hear the anchorman/woman in te background talking about planes crashing in to WTC. So I ran to the TV and stared in shock same as millions of other people did that day. I was glued to the TV for weeks to come.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I was at home helping a family member recover from an attempted suicide 2 days prior. A friend called in a frenzy wanting to come over (from her brick apartment to my house made of wood) because she was afraid. I asked her to call someone in her family first and if needed to call me back but had a big problem I was trying to work with. That day, it made no difference to me whether I lived or died, I had to help this person with whatever time I had left even if it were nuclear because eternity is a long time. A while after, this impact hit me. The tsunami hit me more. I'm sorry 3,000 of my countrymen/women died. I'm even more sorry 200,000+ died. It will take a life time to undertake all these losses.
If you haven't already, it is time to consider what happens after your last day. There is good news though. The one who created you wants you back, you just have to take that step towards Him.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
OH YA MY WIFE IS PREGNANT(just found out today) after doctors for years telling me I was sterle

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
OH YA MY WIFE IS PREGNANT(just found out today) after doctors for years telling me I was sterle

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join