It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube says it will crack down on recommending conspiracy videos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Back then it was Google Video, Youtube and Stage 6. Stage 6 closed down eventually. Everyday films like Loose Change were #1 in GV. Youtube actually sucked then because of 10 minute limits. Google started zapping conspiracy films from the popular lists, and doing things like shutting off the views counters. Then bought Youtube. Then shut down GV service. This meant full length films had to be chopped into pieces. Which if you looked for what I did you'd notice how each clip of a film would get less and less views as the film went on. They kept it like that for years. And now people cant even get passed 10 minutes of a film it seems. And since then they've got a full buffet of BS to marginalize people with.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Look, people have to realize that Youtube is a platform, owned by Alphabet, owned by shareholders, no matter how mysterious and unknown they are.

It can do as it pleases with content on it's platform. Your free to upload your conspiracy videos to another site or create a site for that purpose...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I still remember a time when bernaysian style mass media manipulation and information suppression by tech companies in conjunction with federal forces was nothing but a conspiracy theory...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

On YouTube I watch particle physics videos, car videos, and animals and babies doing wacky things. I need no other information whatsoever from a company dubbed the 1984.

Any other information is taken with a grain of salt coming from any free services online and especially an American company.. 💭👮‍♂️

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Do what the non-profit blender organization did after they got blocked for not monetizing their channel and switch to peertube

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

YouTube was something grand when it first started, i even used YouTube for my Anime back in my early 20s. When YouTube was starting out as a streaming network.
And slowly YT starting cracking down on Anime/Retro Cartoons to.

How did conspiracy theorists survive before 2007 or whenever YouTube was created...free to use, without forcing anyone to use it...

For now there is no other streaming sites like YouTube, other alternative aren't really that great.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

We really forget these are companies and can run them however. We have only 1 right when we view them...and it's to go elsewhere if you don't like it.

They are worldwide...and if you didn't realize, so are it's contributors in countries that have no or limited free speech.

We can go elsewhere...
edit on 25-1-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A site run off of user-created content should let that content survive off it's own merit, rather than implementing an algorithm to direct viewers to what YouTube wants them to see. What constitutes conspiracy theories according to YouTube? Last I checked, MatPat with game theory and film theory has his own YouTube red shows. There's plenty of conspiracy involved with that. Will he be hushed? My guess is no.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Unless you agree with the government regulating private corporations, they are free to do what they want.

If you don’t like it, make your own video hosting service and stop relying on other people to give you your freedom of speech. That’s how this whole thing is supposed to work anyway.

What was your thought on Net Nutrality? If you supported it, then you likely did so because the infrastructure that the net uses is partially a public utility, thus giving the government the obligation to keep it regulated and accessible to all. There was a lot of argument that major social sites and major user-content creation sites like Youtube and Facebook fell into the same "public good" category and should have been regulated alongside ISPs.

Now, if you opposed net nutrality (which I did), then what you just posted is fine. Based on what I've seen you post, however, I bet Ajit Paj isn't high on your list of people and you were a pro-nutrality person.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I love watching these tech companies kill their brand it's hilarious bahahaha

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Trump is not bad orange man = conspiracy.
Family and faith are good = conspiracy.
Left is not correct on every issue = conspiracy.

etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I’m pretty sure the secret gubment recognized the internet as a threat, but they cannot just outright censor things for fear that the public will recognize their motives.

The plan is likely a very gradual and subtle one so as to not raise too many eyebrows.

Of course Youtube being one of their greatest threats.

This site, for example has already been destroyed with sufficient stupid and ignorant posts to turn off any intelligent knower/seeker of inside information. The lifespan of posts have also been reduced on this site to have any significant dissemination.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

If somebody is trying to enslave you and bring down your quality of life, it’s probably best not to support it.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
YouTube: The Conspiracy Will Not Be Televised™

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
They’re just censoring speech.

Really just “burning” virtual books.

So the left will love it.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The real message being sent by Youtube with this is that they feel their users are dumb and too stupid to figure out for themselves which stories are true conspiracies, which are false, and which may or may not be true. And, Or, The exposure of crimes by the elite class are their biggest influence to squash the promotion of conspiracies in general.

What other people think and believe might become or already be a problem for someone or certain factions with influence over Youtube, not to mention NSA/CIA connections to any mass media operation and the control of social perspectives.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I've never invested a dime in YouTube. But I understand some have. They have a right to be concerned.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Now if you'll flip past the first chapter in your Basic Business book, the situation is 90% of content etc is owned by The Establishment and with that in place now it's set about censoring content that is critical of It.

Spare us the what if's and speak to the actual situation, yo.

What am I speaking about if not the actual situation? If you don’t like what YouTube is doing, do something on your own.

YouTube isn’t some octopus-like corporation who controls what everyone can see and hear on the internet. They’re a company. Who only controls what’s on their site. At the end of the day no different from Walmart or a hundred other ones.

And you and everyone else has the ability to create your own. It strikes me as lazy to put your freedom of speech into others hands.

Youtube is one arm of the growing octopus.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I have received warnings for posting content from both YouTube and Facebook. This suggests to me that ATS has even less freedom of speech and more censorship that either of them. Seeing a thread here criticizing them is the very height of hypocrisy. Totally ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You mean like how all those alt right websites made their own services and then were shut down by credit card companies refusing to do business with them?

What next? "Just start your own bank", "Just issue your own credit cards", "Just create your own internet", "Just form your own country".

Not to mention that it's not like you always know what topic you want to read or learn about next. How would you ever think to search for information on 9/11 conspiracies if all mention of those conspiracies were shut down in media?

This is stifling the movement of information. Information not included in the algorithm is information that will never spread.
edit on 28-1-2019 by ChaoticallyI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join