It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wingsuit Crazies Base Jump into a Plane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I was sent this on Whatsapp today and it's amazing if you like white knuckle kicks. It happened in 2017 and doesn't look any less awesome for the age.

The two fliers are Vince Reffet and Fred Fugan who are the SoulFlyers.

"Où est l'avion? Nous sommes b**sés!!"

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ever since one of my best friends died BASE jumping, I have real questions about these sports. He did wingsuits too. Almost died doing that too.

a reply to: Kandinsky

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
I was sent this on Whatsapp today and it's amazing if you like white knuckle kicks. It happened in 2017 and doesn't look any less awesome for the age.

Glad that they didn’t hit the propeller.

That would have been a « Total bordel »

Lags

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow!!
More balls than brains.
Insane!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

That is just insane !
Stunning visuals crazy people ... fair play to em.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

That's what I thought! Not dangerous enough...let's add a propellor to the mix and put everyone's lives on the line. Big, big balls on pilot, crew and jumpers.

a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It's a dangerous game and no mistakes. Like your mate, another guy did this and hit a bridge at something like 100mph. It's too much for me! Better to watch than do.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Isn't it great?!

There's a gif out there with a guy on a seat beneath a parachute. He looks to be doing 60mph past rocks with his arse about five feet off the ground. That's something I'd be up for. Base jumping? Not in a million years.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

OH snap, where is THAT vid?!

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It's on Reddit. link

ETA - Jeez, it's crazy. I was wrong about the seat...just a pair of shorts and a prayer.

edit on 1.25.2019 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Crazy! I want a wingsuit. I wanna try it at least once

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
These dangerous sports keep some people going. It's their life-blood, and YouTube gives their ego a real boost. If I was a parent I would be petrified by their casual disregard for their own lives and their short life expectancy.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Great treatment for piles though!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

What a total wuss. Diving is faaaasr more dangerous. Hell crossing the street for that matter. I wish I had their chutzpah.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

No. Not a wuss; just real. As I said, their parents must live in fear. People can do what they like to purposefully endanger their lives. I mountain climb. But there is a line when something comes risky enough for the law of "likely" to kick in.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

A lot of 'extreme' sports are made out to be way riskier than they are. The word that people miss is 'calculated' - calculated risk. The crazy dudes in the OP will have planned it all out for weeks and done dummy runs.

The ones who really make me twitch are people like those Russians who do back flips on skyscraper parapets. There's a high rate of death and injury with them due to their youth and big-balled bravado. Me, on the other hand, gets vertigo just watching them and I'm an ex-roofer.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Haha I know exactly what you mean, I’m not afraid of heights but my feet twinge when watching those videos of people on the edge of buildings. It’s all in the mind sure, but those nutters have no safety backup.

until last year I was passionate about paragliding and it’s sister sport speed flying. (Which I think you were referring to in a previous post, skimming close to the ground under a wing) I gave it up last year though as basically while you do everything you can to minimise accidents there are some things that are out of your control and it comes down to pure luck in some circumstances. While these kinds of sports can give you a sense of empowerment and truly feeling alive like nothing else can, the dance with death or serious injury is a ticking time bomb.

Believe it or not the majority of accidents happen from sense of complacency, never ever get complacent.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I’m not afraid of heights but my feet twinge when watching those videos of people on the edge of buildings.

Me too , I think it's your feet telling you to get out of there.

Close Proximity Speed Flying looks like great fun but not for the faint-hearted with tingly feet like me , I've long since discovered I'm not invincible.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'm a huge fan of basejumping and speedflying videos, I can watch them all day long,

Fun fact; A few years back I bought a rig to ground launch, then sciatica kicked in, so I had to sell it on before getting to play about with it 😞

Here's a quick video showing a skydiving rig being ground launched - its like a slower, tamer version of speedflying;

Here's a great speedflying montage, just to add a little something extra to the thread, I can't get this one to embed for some reason - Proximity Speedflying (YouTube)

Those proximity guys have some serious gahoonas, for sure!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

until last year I was passionate about paragliding and it’s sister sport speed flying. (Which I think you were referring to in a previous post, skimming close to the ground under a wing) I gave it up last year though as basically while you do everything you can to minimise accidents

Sounds like you were living large for a while there and it's good to have done rather than just dreamed. I take your point about complacency. Isn't it always the way? They say the same thing in the free climbing scene too.

Slightly different. I was watching these kiteboarders off NW Wales (Conwy region) last year and it looks awesome. One guy was clearly the boss and was out there for a long time. He was going easily three stories high every time he turned around. We hit google and it turned out his kite was about £3500 without boards or wetsuits. That's an issue with a lot of my favourite interests - they're all very expensive to get into...or travel to. Gotta have a dream, right?!

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Urgh! Sciatica is a bitch. I was diagnosed 'chronic sciatica' 10 years ago and developed what the doc called a permanent limp. I cured it by swimming breast-stroke nearly every day and had the idea as a way to reintroduce muscular symmetry and strengthen nerves and tendons. Not had a peep of sciatica since. Roar!!!

'Speedflying' looks pretty cool and safer than most things we've had in the thread so afar.

ETA - Anyone remember 'extreme ironing?!' You can't go too far wrong with a sense of humour.

edit on 1.26.2019 by Kandinsky because: added vid

top topics

<<   2 >>

join