It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2018, A Pilot Of A Boeing 767 Filmed 3 Light Anomalies While Flying Over Brazil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think it's an optical artifact.

If you look closely, above the three bright spots, there's another luminous point that maintains spatial relationship with the three brighter points below.

Do we have corroborating commentary from the person in the left seat of the jet? Seems to me they could've seen the same thing from four feet to the left if it were out there in the sky.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
To my eyes they don't appear to be any kind of craft. They don't seem to move, and the distance between them stays the same. My money is on reflection

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
To my eyes they don't appear to be any kind of craft. They don't seem to move, and the distance between them stays the same. My money is on reflection
I wouldn't bet against you. At least one image is a reflection possibly all three. Here is an old paper on aircraft windshield design and isn't it interesting it shows three images reaching the pilot's eye for both internal and external lights, in Figures 1f and 1g?

Optical Factors in Aircraft Windshield Design (pdf)

That drawing is an over-simplification which shows only an internal and an external surface of the windshield, but this is not how aircraft windshields are constructed. They have multiple layers laminated for protection against bird strikes etc and each layer has multiple surfaces which can cause reflections.

I don't know if the light source is something inside the cockpit or it could be a planet such as Venus or Jupiter but I have no doubt reflection is involved, the top right image is what reflections look like for people who haven't figured that out, which I don't know why, it's so obvious.

originally posted by: Blue Shift
[cough]
weather balloon
[cough]

Nobody is really serious about this because if they were, the date, UTC and or local time, and heading of the aircraft would be provided so the possible planet idea could be tested using any one of many apps that could plot the appearance of planets in the sky at any time.

The only problem with the reflection theory according to some is that once someone gets a pilot license, they are no longer human but become an omniscient deity who instantly knows everything about astronomy, optical physics, and everything else, even more than God, even though pilots receive no training in these subjects. So that's why it can't be reflections, lol, the omniscience conferred by the Pilot license means pilots never make perception errors.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

For those who are saying in is a reflection the B757/767 both have a cockpit window coating that reduces or eliminates glare. Next time you are at an airport and look face on at an airliner you will see the golden sheen of the glass. IMO a daylight reflection in the side window as shown in the video is just about impossible especially as the camera is moved.

I first thought it was a meteor which had broken up into three pieces as I have seen similar while flying. However if the observation time reported is true then the whole meteor line is a dead end.

Could it be some type of reflection...maybe if someone was trying to make a video that looked like a unknown.. I am just saying I have never seen reflections of that type that I can remember and that is with over 45 years flying.

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Anti-reflective coatings definitely reduce, but don't eliminate reflections. If you've never seen a reflection from a cockpit window before, you probably have now because the top right light is exactly what a reflection looks like, that is semi-transparent and not like any kind of solid object, and in this case it has roughly the same appearance as the source in terms of size and color.

Here's the Wiki example of an anti-reflective coating on the bottom, to show how it reduces reflection, but as you can see there is still a reflection, even with a coating.

en.wikipedia.org...

Other factors besides the coating come into play also such as the angle of incidence of the light source and the wavelengths.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Interesting thread!

Dont mind me. Just trying to fix ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join