It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In wake of attacking Maga hat kids, NYT now putting together piece to investigate Christian schools

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

of course the media job is to control what people think,

Their collective job is to report the news truthfully.

What they are doing is making crap up and selling it as news.

Where is honesty and integrity ... where has it gone?

P

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Its not a bad thing to put pressure on any schools, christian or otherwise. They like us should be held accountable.
Bring it on, let the faeces fly and those not at an acceptable standard exposed

I dont have an issue.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Question is, does the NYT do this 21 Jump Street style and send in a young reporter posing as a high school student?

"I went deep under cover for 3 months, kept a relationship to blend in, even had to smoke pot a couple of times so the kids didn't think I was a nark".

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ketsuko

That's just it the press has a job, that job is to get your attention and steer the way you think, they take a sprinkle of truth and smear it with Bull#.

And you don't think that's a problem?

The job the press has is to report the truth, not their truth. The truth.

If I thought for one moment they were actually going to report the truth on private schools, it wouldn't be an issue, but in this day, they aren't looking to do that. They already know what their truth is, and they'll pick whatever they need to support that truth.

Remember, this is postmodern society. There is no objective truth, only whatever your truth is. So if this NYT reporter's truth is that #EposeChristianSchools is the truth that they're all secretive mills of racism, bigotry and hatred, that's the piece we will get whether they are or not.

And nothing will have anything to do with whether or not any kids coming out of those schools can pass the mandated tests at acceptable levels or better or how they go on to do in their adult lives academically because that won't have anything to do with their truth.
edit on 25-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Have they not seen public schools lately? Why do they think people who can afford it are avoiding public schools??

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Have they not seen public schools lately? Why do they think people who can afford it are avoiding public schools??

And there you are.

There was a report on blog I check in with that the third highest consideration for parents who opt out of public schooling is safety. Parents who send their kids to private schools tend to care a whole lot more about how their kids behave and will take more care because they don't want their kids back in the public schools with the other kids whose parents either don't care or won't care. It's just not safe and their kids suffer.

Right now, husband and I are having "the talk" about getting ours back into a private again ... because the public schools just don't fit. Not safe, he's ahead, he doesn't fit ...

What do you do as a parent if you want to best for your kid? And the honest truth is the majority of private schools are religious right now. So if you're a secular parent, you either figure out how to pay a lot more or you make your peace with the religious aspect. Thankfully, I don't have that problem.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Grambler, I have been following your posts about this ridiculous situation and thank you for your diligence.

It is disturbing to me how one sided and hypocritical people are being by attacking these kids. I keep seeing the reee catch phrases: white privilege, snobby brats, elitism, smug face. People are posting pictures of them in the chapel with their uniforms on and somehow, this proves that they are a bunch of racist rich kids. Going after the teachers, parents, kids and even the religion itself.

I wanted to offer a different perspective, if anyone would like to hear it. I came from a large, catholic, lower middle-class family. My parents SACRIFICED to send my sister and I to an all girls catholic high school. My other siblings went to a coed catholic high school. There were kids from well to do families. No matter your income level, families that choose to send their kids to private school make sacrifices in order to help insure the best possible future for their children. The students make sacrifices and work very hard to meet the requirements of high honor grades, sports requirements, academic clubs etc. Uniforms level the playing field and take away the distraction of fashion, but also add formality and sense of personal responsibility. Uniform infractions are a real thing.

We were taught to respect our elders, treat each other with kindness and respect and to support each other. Guess what? There were kids of every color there!!!! I am not kidding. We all got along and were friends.

I am not saying we were perfect angels, we were kids. I am trying to point out that it is not privilege to go to Catholic school. It is dedication to trying your best to help your child become a GOOD, upstanding adult. A decent, well rounded education, focus on personal responsibility, a true CONSCIENCE to guide your decision making, and an attitude of respect for others. You have to work for it. That is a great lesson in itself.

So, to the people who are jumping on the bandwagon of hating these "rich, white privileged kids," things are not quite as cookie cutter as you might think. Some families put off buying a car, going on vacation, home upgrades, et al., to pay the tuition because they believe their childrens' futures are worth it. I am grateful mine did.

Oh, and by the way, we didn't see ourselves as better than the public school kids, in fact we were mostly envious because they seemed to have so much more freedom.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It truly is impossible to digest all of this. It really does feel like we fell down the rabbit hole and everyone else ate the "make me stupid" cake.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Ivestigate any school and you'll find some stuff....

Source, I went to school once.

Exactly.

Which is why I found the media actions so disgusting.

They screw up the story, and as a result kids are getting doxxed and deth threats, to the point the school had to shut down.

So the media decided to investigate the school form 5 years ago or more to see if other kids did dumb stuff?

How is this not just a fishing attempt to further smear these kids, that they know were unfauirly maligned by them (the press) and are getting death threats?

And on top of it, the screwed up every smear piece about the school AGAIN!

These kids? Well, we were caught red handed and red faces lying about the entire situation...

BUT WE KNOW THEY DID SOMETHING... SOOOMMEETHINNGGG!!!!

it's pathetic, really.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Imagine the outrage if the subject line read...

In wake of Islamic terror threats, NYT now putting together piece to investigate mosques

Mosques are investigated all the time.

Oh my god... and you of all people in the country you live in, knows EXACTLY how that pans out.

just wow...

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

of course the media job is to control what people think,

Their collective job is to report the news truthfully.

What they are doing is making crap up and selling it as news.

Where is honesty and integrity ... where has it gone?

P

Truth flat out disappeared when news channels started competing for ratings, they have shareholders to keep happy and to remain on top they have to embellish the truth and on some cases flat out lie to get the viewers to tune in.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's a problem alright, I'm not sure what the fix is, but at least knowing the media lie should be pause to question everything they report.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: ausername
Imagine the outrage if the subject line read...

In wake of Islamic terror threats, NYT now putting together piece to investigate mosques

Mosques are investigated all the time.

Oh my god... and you of all people in the country you live in, knows EXACTLY how that pans out.

just wow...

Yep, would be terrorists get arrested...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join