It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In wake of attacking Maga hat kids, NYT now putting together piece to investigate Christian schools

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So kids get attacked by racists and confronted by sympathizers with those racists.

Media takes small out of context clip to smear these kids.

Kids start to get doxxed and receive death threats.

Main stream "blue check mark" type people start calling for these kids to be doxxed or harmed, and many journalists and academics say they are the face of racism.

Full video comes out showing kids hardly did anything wrong, especially the smirking kid that was the main target.

Many in the media apologize for rushing to judgement, and tell us they will do better.

Then they begin rushing to judgement placing all sort of clips with no context up to further smear the kids.

Then they start looking in to the school, taking things out of context dine by kids not even at this incident to smear the kids at the incident.

And now, the great NYT is doing an expo on #exposechristianschools

Dan Levin
‏Verified account @globaldan

I'm a New York Times reporter writing about #exposechristianschools. Are you in your 20s or younger who went to a Christian school? I'd like to hear about your experience and its impact on your life. Please DM me.

twitter.com...

Really need to keep that narrative alive and smear these kids huh?

How about a story on "Expose Black Racists that Attacked kids that we Deflected for"?

Maybe to on the nose.

How about "Expose Muslim Schools"?

I am sure the NYT will jump on that story.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I just now noticed that since I read that tweet, the author has put this one up.

Dan Levin
‏Verified account @globaldan
2h2 hours ago

I write about American youth, and the hashtag #exposechristianchools, which I didn't create, went viral in recent days. I'm writing about the response to it and want to hear about all experiences, including positive stories/impact about your time in school. Plz DM me.

twitter.com...

Suffice it to say I am skeptical that this tweet after the backlash is proof that this is not a story trying to dig dirt on chrsitain schools as a further impugning of these kids.

edit on 24-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Just in time to whip up a frenzy on Christians when RBG is confirmed dead and the new SCOTUS announced.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Imagine the outrage if the subject line read...

In wake of Islamic terror threats, NYT now putting together piece to investigate mosques

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ivestigate any school and you'll find some stuff....

Source, I went to school once.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Ivestigate any school and you'll find some stuff....

Source, I went to school once.

Exactly.

Which is why I found the media actions so disgusting.

They screw up the story, and as a result kids are getting doxxed and deth threats, to the point the school had to shut down.

So the media decided to investigate the school form 5 years ago or more to see if other kids did dumb stuff?

How is this not just a fishing attempt to further smear these kids, that they know were unfauirly maligned by them (the press) and are getting death threats?

And on top of it, the screwed up every smear piece about the school AGAIN!
edit on 24-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The New York Times has taken bribes from the FBI. Paid bribes to FBI personnel. Committed Treason by fabricating fake news against the U.S. President, and Slandering the peaceful Pro-Life Covington H.S. Students.

I hope the Covington H.S. Student's attorney is SERIOUS about suing the Media who invented and repeated LIES against his clients. Send the NYTimes over the financial cliff!

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Other than ATS using NYT and WAPO articles to confirm either sides bias... do anyone read those liberal rags anymore?

The US Democrats are the only ones that site that garbage as news and we all know nobody trusts the Democrats anymore so why are these fraudulent "news" outlets still in business?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Interesting paradigm we're seeing play out.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Boy this has the Makings of one of those Der Siegal articles from that one journalist.

NYT better fact check the hell out of people who respond to that......or lawyer up.

I can see 4 Chan having a field day with this.
edit on 24-1-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
But nope, nobody's out to get Christians, right? It's all a crazy conservative Christian paranoid conspiracy theory, right? Ugh.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

They may not have time to complete the article, since they have less than 48 hours now to write a retraction of their original and subsequent coverage and apologize...

Attorney Robert Barnes said that he represents families of students who were libeled, families of some children featured in photos of the encounter and alumni who want to seek legal remedy as well.

“A lot of these journalists that have been saying false statements about these kids … all you have to prove is that they were negligent in doing so, and by this standpoint, by this point in time, it is clear that anyone who continues to lie and lie about these kids has done so illegally and can be sued for it,” he said.

Barnes said that legal fees in libel lawsuits can amount to nearly $1 million in some cases, so he wanted to “equalize the playing field” in the case of some students.

He announced Wednesday that potential defendants are being given a 48-hour notice to retract and correct any false statements about these Covington students.

“If you have said anything false about these kids, they are willing to extend you a 48-hour time period — a period of grace, consistent with their Christian faith — for you to, through confessions, get redemption and retract and correct and apologize,” Barnes said.

He also explained that plaintiffs are allowed to seek “per se damages” in libel lawsuits, meaning that individual damages do not have to be proven.

Article Here...

That's right... the kids have lawyered up...

edit on 24-1-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Heh, they may not need education after this mess is settled.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It is all about education.

The private schools continue to educate children while the State schools are on this spiral to a dumbed down society.

I know which system I want.

Expect more of this crap although the high and mighty may want to go into defense mode instead of these continuing hit pieces.

Sue the hell out of the media.

Take them down!

P

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Just when you think the media can sink no lower, they grab a pick axe and dig another few yards into the sewer. They got caught jumping the gun on this story so badly, and instead of just apologizing and letting it go, they decide it would be a good idea to an expose on Christians schools? Why? Are they trying to find evidence that would vindicate their sh*tty reporting in the initial story? wtf is wrong with these people?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Maybe the NYT should start their legal defence fund for their harassment, libel and incitement to terrorism charges?

I mean laws exist to be enforced, and one's profession should not grant one immunity to law.
edit on -060009pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm so ticked off at the press right now.

If you don't want your kid in a private school. Don't put them in one! It's very simple. If you don't want your kid raised with religion, don't raise them with religion. It's again, very simple.

Stop demonizing others who make those choices for themselves rather than letting you decide how they should choose. Have those people told you what to do with your kids?

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Can't help but wonder if the critics of Catholic schools, and you know they'll be legion, will be vetted in any fashion, at all?

Somehow, I doubt it.
edit on 1/24/2019 by seagull because: aaargh...catholic schools, dammit.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Everyone has horror stories. My niece went to Catholic school from K through 12...she's got some doozies.

I went to public schools K-12, and I've got some doozies.

It'll be very carefully edited to cast as bad a light as possible on Catholic schools. Of that, I have no doubts what so ever.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Imagine the outrage if the subject line read...

In wake of Islamic terror threats, NYT now putting together piece to investigate mosques

Mosques are investigated all the time.

edit on 24-1-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join