It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

news article; Bigfoot in Virginia "In Search of Sasquatch"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
www.virginialiving.com...

Prince William County Five or six sightings since 1941, inlcuding in January 2012. The area is heavily wooded, which Dranginis believes is the creature’s preferred habitat.

Quantico Military Base In 1978, a Marine described a large creature standing in the moonlight near the ammunition storage area. Despite subsequent sightings at the base, this is the only example with an official military report.

article originally from 2012 but don't think it will hurt to re-address

I remember being in the military and hearing about the Quantico squatches.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
You know I'm pretty sure that the ex-wife and I saw a big foot in that area back in 2016. Every time I told my friends about it they said there was no way I saw one. But my ex-wife definitely saw it too.

It kind of frustrates me, because I always told myself that if I ever saw one that I would definitely take a picture, but when it happened it was just a huge wtf moment.

I was driving on the highway at night, and I thought this big deer was going to run out in the middle of the road, I hit the brakes, and then about the time I saw that it was actually running and on two feet and covered in brown fur or hair or whatever I just slammed the gas pedal to the floor and booked it out of there.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RealityIsAbsurdx

Had one (or something squatch-like) track my daughter, husband, and I on a hike, off Skyline Drive, near the Appalachian Trail, Jones Run Falls Trailhead Virginia ---broad daylight August 2017. We all got glimpses of it- not clear but huge - big, humonoid, long arms, hulky shoulders, dark and hairy... weird weird weird. It stayed above our trail, broke branches, clattered rocks. NOT a Bear, Not a deer. - fast and nimble - we were on a trail, it was moving through rough terrain above us. We are very experienced backpackers. Husband, former Army, not easily spooked - he looked at me, said, "We're booking, stay close together" - he took the lead, daughter in middle, me in back --- no questions asked, we literally sprinted approximately two miles, up hill, to a parking area at a trailhead on Skyline Drive. I absolutely swear, it was like the Predator Sci fi ....something that sort of shimmered camouflaged against the woods as it moved. My husband and I felt for sure that is was after our daughter. We could feel it peel off when a group of trail runners came down just as we broke into the parking lot.
So, what do ya do? Heck no, we did not take out our phones and video, we absolutely knew we had to get away. And do you call the police, a park ranger? Nope....you go on about your life. And you know, absolutely know, that there is a lot more going on on this planet than main stream science or government or media have a handle on. And you better darn well be vigilant and ready to get out of danger and fight if you have to.
Yes, we were packing heat, but we were not about to stop and engage unless we had to.
edit on 24-1-2019 by SeaYote because: typo

edit on 24-1-2019 by SeaYote because: added precise location

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Yeah, that's usually how it happens. You see one and then bango! The moment is over before you even have time to think about grabbing your phone, clicking its onscreen button, swiping a pattern or entering a passcode and finally bringing up your camera app. Plus, you just want to get the holy living frak outta there because they seem menacing as all getup.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
I have an old military infantry manual (from the 80s). It actually has a small blurb in it about bigfoot.

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
a reply to: ElGoobero
I have an old military infantry manual (from the 80s). It actually has a small blurb in it about bigfoot.

Can you post a picture of it?

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That’s interstellar that u say it looked like a huge deer. I lived in Kentucky about 15 years ago, and one night while driving on a backwoods road; me and a buddy had a few deer run in front of our car. We had to stop suddenly, but here is where it gets creepy. I swear... the last deer was a huge muscular elk, and it was running on its hind legs behind the regular deer. It ran all the way across the road bipedally. I never seen anything like it before or since. It was so random. But we both remember it so I don’t think we hallucinated it. Wendigo or Sasquatch wearing an elk skin jacket, idk, but there is something mysterious in those dark ky woods.

edit on 25-1-2019 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What the hell it was tracking your daughter. Gee! Adolescence, full of hormones, you are likely right, it would not have ended well for you three.

But anyways I would not go out into the middle of nowhere, especially at night, and especially when humans have so piss poor night vision, may as well be bats, but its not the things that go bump in the night you have to watch about, its the ones that make no noise and don't bump into anything. As you can no doubt guess not only is there more going on around then the Trump red vs blue build dinky wall crusade.

But the government nations and peoples, can do absolutely squat about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

Recalled another weird thing about that day: Though we encounter snakes on trails now and then.... in the course of approximately two hours, on this trail we passed 3 - two rattlers and one water snake (not sure what kind - it was in a pool pf water next to the trail). One of the rattlers was laying across the path, my daughter almost stepped on it, and leaped up and over in the nick of time - I was right behind, heard it rattle, saw it move off through some grasses.
Also, the whole hike I had that back of the neck hair raised feeling, at one point we stopped for a snack below a waterfall. My husband and daughter carry telescoping fly rods (Tenkara's - very thin, no reel). They practice catching little guys... sadly, no real trout left in these creeks. I sat on a rock nearby and sort of "tuned in" to the forest.... can't define it, but it stuck with me...everything felt "off" ...sort of that feeling I get before a migraine comes on .... but didn't have one that day....just this negative energy thing. IT was after that, on our way back up the trail that we saw and were really stalked by the big dark hairy thing...but in retrospect, I believe it was tracking us the whole time.
I've read some people claiming sasquatch as a benign woodland creature....this was not benign, whatever it was....

posted on Jan, 26 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SheepDipped
Now that is bizarre. It could have just been elk hoof disease, and may have been spooked so ran across the road on charge mode. Though I don't think they can get full on bipedal even if they were supported upright by rope. Almost as bizarre as a male elk running a deer herd. But I suppose it can happen. And if it was ol Bigfoot, it would not be that hard to kill a male elk in rut, smear its blood on you and wear it like a suit. And get yourself a herd of cows.

Not that far from domesticating animals I would say, don't think all the other bulls will mess with that herd, seeing that bizarre contradiction of a upright bull elk, would set them fleeing, and well at the first smell of whats underneath. Would come in handy for when you get hungry, just take a cow away from the herd, and feast. No need for hunting.

Its quite literally animal domestication 101.

But as bigfoot does not exist, what you all saw was probably a buck that somehow got its front hooves stuck on the one in front of it, making it look like it was going on two legs as they were running across the road. Yup a more logical explanation.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I live in Virginia and have spotted a Bigfoot like creature while I was out on my kayak on Leesville lake in Pittsville VA right outside the town of Gretna, VA. It was on the bank of the lake and when I made eye contact it ran away too fast for me to even grab my camera. Ive talked to several old folks here and lots of people swear to have seen the same thing near the lake.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Seems Bigfoot is back in vogue...for a while.

I have posed my possible theory, to no real interest from USA ATS peoples.

One "Possible"???!!?? theory, trying to use some logic, not fanciful myths or legends.

My Theory (I appear to the the first and only one with it)

What If?..........

The, "Big Black, Hairy, Ape like" Bigfoots are Descendants, of the Big, Black, Ape Like Humans, who were taken by the millions, to the new British Colonies in the Americas to be.............Slaves for the White Man.

What if....these "Human Like Bigfoot", are just escaped slaves, who have run away from white man (for good reason), and have gone to live back in the Jungle (American Forests), and because of the cold, as opposed to their home West Africa, wear bear skins, camo, dear skins etc, to avoid contact.

What if.....They have made (over the past 300 years) a "Religion" of not interacting with white man at All cost, other than stealing a few young white women with yellow hair...they love yellow hair.....

Bigfoot have been heard ....talking in human like jibber jabber....ie African clicks, and sounds....which to an English white man would be jibber jabber....
Bigfoot have been heard (apparently), "Knocking on Wood and hollow logs"....back in Africa, this is known as "African Drumming".
Bigfoot have grow huge...ie Shaq like, because of selective breeding....only the strongest survived the harsh American winters, over those 300 odd years.....

A quick perusal on Virginia slaves, shows that 3500 slaves run away and presumably disappeared, between 1736 and 1783...white fellas even use to advertise to get their slaves back.
"These advertisements affirmed a lingering desire for freedom on the part of slaves."
One advertisement here, even mentions a "Young Buck and his Wench"......
www.encyclopediavirginia.org...

Just imagine if all this speculation about the supernatural bigfoot, is just about runaway slaves, who have made a religion and cultural pact, to never interact with white man at any cost, and stick to it.....Like white people do with religion like Mormonism, Scientology ME religions etc.

Perhaps the truth of Bigfoot, is in Plain sight all along.

AND as all bigfoot investigators, seem to be white fellas....no wonder they cant find them....Perhaps get a group of ghetto brothers together, dress in loinclothes etc,and get them to wander the North American forests, do some rapping and drumming (Hey Beatboxing)....and see if there is any response......

It might actually Work....

edit on 23-6-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join