It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

few interesting things i learned from my buddy from South Africa.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
he is here now.
i picked him up Saturday.

been telling me all sorts of stories.
figured i would share a few interesting ones.
i know the topic of trophy hunting has been discussed.

--
i asked him what he thought about the trophy hunting. the rich types that fly down there and spend 100k to 'hunt' or kill say a giraffe.
he said the people that pay and fly to kill the animal do not actually kill the animal.

big expose on it on some program down there. they call it canned hunting.

so whoever makes the decision that this certain giraffe has to go. he rattled of many reasons.
specific one. going to go anyway.
rich person type pays to get it down.
apparently rich person type is there the whole time but someone else, i forget who he said but someone from down there takes the shot.
then they let the rich person type pose with it. then off comes the head and onto the wall of the rich person type.
he was pretty convincing that they dont do any of the killing of the animal.
---

a single rino horn goes for a million dollars. they are smuggled out of Africa and sent to the Phillipines because apparently they are the biggest customer. supposedly gives them a massive boner.

he said poachers shoot the rino and then cut it off with a chainsaw from inside the face to get the root and everything.

he said they have developed a resin kind of makes the horns worthless. they tranq the rino and drill into the horn and shoot in this resin stuff. i guess the inside is hard and fiberous like a fingernail.
so if they take that horn it is not worth any money.
---

there are these monkeys that live around them that jack peoples food out of their house.
so everyone has walls or fences and dogs. like everyone.
so 4 monkeys roll up. 3 of them chill on the fence or whatever and dangle their tails over and the dogs come and get all distracted. then 1 of them go in the house and raid the fridge and the pantry. maybe jack a purse.
hahahahahah

he said he has seen many monkeys running along a power line with a purse.

hahahahahaha
---

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I know for a fact that those who pay do get to take the shot, who would pay that much for a photo op?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Can you ask your buddy about racial tensions and if, from your buddy's perspective, the government is allowing for targeted racism, theft, or abuse of local whites? This is the biggest topic I am curious about for South Africa right now

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

I know for a fact that those who pay do get to take the shot, who would pay that much for a photo op?

dont know
maybe they have a small piece and want to be able to say they shot it

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Can you ask your buddy about racial tensions and if, from your buddy's perspective, the government is allowing for targeted racism, theft, or abuse of local whites? This is the biggest topic I am curious about for South Africa right now

we have been talking about that a lot.
yes it is bad

the farm killings are true
very hard for whites to get work.
government mandates on hiring black people.
the BEE which is black economic empowerment and then BB BEE which is broad based economic empowerment.

it is complicated but think affirmative action on steroids.

like his kid is 17. about to finish grade 12.
said there are universities but he is not getting in.

he has been a metallurgist with this company for 21 years. he said it is not even remotely possible he could get his kid any kind of job. just out of the question.

businesses get ratings. so say they hire a white. their rating goes down.
lower rating means fewer people buy from you.

if a business buys from you with your low rating for that reason then their rating goes down.

he said there are obviously a lot of unwanted kids.
nobody wants the black kids and not many want the white kids.

you can adopt a white kid but its buy one get one free. take the black kid too.

not for me to say if any of this is good or bad. just that it is happening and of course it is causing tension.

i was talking to the GM's wife a last week who is from there. he daughter is 30 and lives in Johannasburg. she said she pays her rent cause as a white person she can not get a job.

he said it is just festering.

lot of violence.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Hi TST, i also have friends in South Africa. Seems they have vastly bigger problems than trophy hunting and rhino poaching:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here is one of the Sickest, most foul things you can ever see:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Not enough is written about the South African monkey menace.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Rhetoric like that is not helpful either.I am sure you can state it in a more acceptable way.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Double post
edit on 22-1-2019 by Jasona because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jasona

didnt say it was the most pressing
not why i started the thread

i said i have interesting stories

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jasona

Rhetoric like that is not helpful either.I am sure you can state it in a more acceptable way.

From the OP:

there are these monkeys that live around them that jack peoples food out of their house.
so everyone has walls or fences and dogs. like everyone. so 4 monkeys roll up. 3 of them chill on the fence or whatever and dangle their tails over and the dogs come and get all distracted. then 1 of them go in the house and raid the fridge and the pantry. maybe jack a purse.
hahahahahah
he said he has seen many monkeys running along a power line with a purse.
hahahahahaha

Idiot

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

REALLY???????????????

this happened because a white woman asked for a "mandjie" The Afrikaans word for Basket..

If a certain group INSISTS upon being associated with monkeys,well Sorry but there you have it. People gonna make their own suppositions.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I have been skimming this site often as i can over the past few years. I am especially interested in articles about aliens, ufo's and South Africa, as one of my best friends live there. I could get out, she and her family unfortunately not, so i am at all times crazy worried about her and hers. And i Distinctly remember you saying some time last year, that you are going THERE in December 2018 and will bring out the true picture. So.. what changed your mind about going THERE? Maybe things escalated so badly that you were not willing to take the chance? Look we all can appreciate little anecdotes about the quaint little things happens in each country globally. But i'm sure with a headline like your thread title people were waiting for some Meat, not a few thin slices of cucumber.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So, please, ask your friend.................why ever in the world don't the whites LEAVE! I think Australia has offered to help the white farmers; can't the young ones go to university somewhere else, like Canada or the Netherlands.....anywhere else?

I lived in Africa and I can assure you and your friend...............this will NOT END WELL for the whites in SA!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jasona

originally i was going to go in 2016.
i left the company for a few months and money got tight.

wanted to try again and it fell through for money as well.

i still want to go.
costs money and time off work.
dont have a lot of both.

what about my headline.
in the general forum i posted a headline of a few interesting things i learned.

thats what i posted.

not my problem if you dont think it was a big enough deal

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Tony, because like my own dear friend and her family, they just cannot Afford to leave the country. Have you any idea how expensive something like that is? Most normal families just have their monthly salary. Out of that they must pay rent/mortgage.. water+lights.. school fees if they have kids.. Enormous medical aid premiums (Because in that country you are dead if you have to entrust yourself to a state hospital with a serious condition) ..Food.. gas(petrol for them) at prices that will give you angina..It is one of The most horrendously expensive countries to live in. Most people like my friend can hardly survive with their salry til lthe next payday and that is With a credit card for food+necessities for the few days before payday..How on earth are they supposed to get money together to leave a country? Remember they are not like the "refugees" in Europe. These are white people from the other side of the world from Europe and America. It's not like they can just hop into a boat..BeLIEVe me if they could, they Would. It is NO fun sitting around waiting to be genocided.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
When I say monkey, i mean monkey. If I wanted to say something else, I would say that. Don't put your problems on me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join