It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Lets Trump's Transgender Military Ban Take Effect

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: watchitburn

What about chicks with silicone breasts?

or chicks with bonespurs...

It would take a real despicable coward to get out of military service because of bone spurs.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

What bathroom do you use?

I know the difference between a uterus and a scrotum.

I'm not talking sexual actions, I'm mean gender.
Gender and ones sex, are the same.

Dudes don't have a uterus, and chicks dont have dicks.

Hermaphrodites are another thing altogether, and the doctors usually determine gender/sex based on the organ that is fully functional. As most hermaphrodites don't have two functional sex organs one is vestigial while other is functioning.

How's my gender understanding?

Oh and btw, I've been here since 2003 I'll come on in here or any where else on ATS and say what ever I damn well please.

Don't tell me what's up, Mr 2011.

I respect your opinion and individuality, I was expressing mine. Don't harsh on me bro.

Can't we all just get along...
edit on 22-1-2019 by ADVISOR because: add some letters

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

How's my gender understanding?

Not very good because you seem to think that gender is the same as biologically assigned sex.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Oh excuse me for having a pre obuma education, where we were taught boys pee standing up and girls sit.

Excuse me for knowing the difference between a pecker and beaver.

Is my 80s education wrong?

gen·der
/ˈjendər/Submit
noun
either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones.

Versus

sex [seks]
1. the fundamental distinction, found in most species of animals and plants, based on the type of gametes produced by the individual; also the category to which the individual fits on the basis of that criterion. Called also gender.

How are those different? (They're not)

Why do you think they mean something different?

I'm not here to get into a pissing match with any one, but if you bring it I'm not backing down.

Obviously, we should perhaps agree to disagree.
I'm not a fan of people who don't know which bathroom to use.

(post by OtherSideOfTheCoin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
As a veteran, I support this decision 100%.

Military life is vastly different than civilian life.

Transgenders would serve no purpose other than the military wasting time and money to accommodate them.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

It would take a real despicable coward to get out of military service because of bone spurs.

How many years did you serve. I forget...

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Not very good because you seem to think that gender is the same as biologically assigned sex.

Let me see..2 biologically sexes and 63 genders.... Would you say all 63 genders are normal behavior?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wish the SCOTUS had agreed to hear arguments and actually issued a ruling, but otherwise this is progress in the right direction. Obama was wrong headed to permit them into the service and that was a mistake that needed correcting.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I tried to enlist after 911 but literally no service (and I tried them all except for coast guard) would accept me (due to substantial hearing loss).

How about you?

(post by ADVISOR removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I know several men who are Vietnam vets. Not a single one of them would hold a grudge against anybody who didn't want to go there. They all say that their experiences in Vietnam were horrible.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Do you know what happens to you when you undergo radical hormone swings?

A person undergoing treatment for gender dysphoria will forever be beholden to hormone treatment in order to maintain his or her new gender because his or her body does not naturally create the required hormones to give him or her the outward gender semblance desired.

What when those hormones are interrupted? Oh, the natural hormonal balance starts to reassert itself. The problem is that it will be with wild mood swings and all kinds of physical symptoms as it happens. It ain't pretty; think PMS only worse.

Now drop that person into a combat situation and watch what happens when they lose their supply of medication.

Yeah ... it's the same reason I wouldn't ever have been taken on by the military. I'm beholden to medications to maintain my health and that's a bad thing if I'm ever put in a situation by my service where those drugs are interrupted.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

How about you?

Little over 28 years starting in 1980.. In the end most who were ever in the service view Vietnam as some crazy times and everyone tried to get an angle on not going. We can also slam Bush and Clinton too in all that. Obama was just school to politics and had zero desire for anything military, so not much there too. Then we have people like Kerry that went the other way to get in country and then out ASAP all for personal gains in the end...

Your venomous view is not one the vast majority of those who have served would agree with not to mention we are talking 50 years ago.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I think that the reality of this decision is that it's been done much more to appease Trumps base of support rather than because of insurmountable problems that go with individuals with gender dysmorphia serving in the military.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there.... I do not recall ever in history any issues of trans folk in the military... I could be wrong...

I see also the majority of people happy for this ruling bring up financial reasons but when discussing a giant concrete arguably relatively ineffective border wall 5.7 billion dollars is a drop in the bucket...

Lying wounded in the desert, thousands of miles from home, a medic crosses the gun fire to come to your aid... You going to give a flying F if the medic is transgender?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I know several men who are Vietnam vets. Not a single one of them would hold a grudge against anybody who didn't want to go there. They all say that their experiences in Vietnam were horrible.

My point exactly..

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Transgenders are in a state of confusion in my opinion. It may not take away from who they are personally in their own mind, but it would seem better off for them to concentrate on their personal life than to take their confusion to the battlefield.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

How about you?

Your venomous view is not one the vast majority of those who have served would agree with not to mention we are talking 50 years ago.

28 years, wowzah, much respect.

Is it really venomous? Trump was a star athlete who's bone-spurs he claimed prevented him from serving? How does one reconcile that as anything other than cowardice (not to refute the others you mentioned and the varieties therein)?
edit on 04pm19fpmTue, 22 Jan 2019 15:17:45 -0600America/ChicagoTue, 22 Jan 2019 15:17:45 -0600 by Wayfarer because: credit where credit is due

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Thank you for the post, I can tell you put a lot of thought into it.

I saw you raised the issue of equality, and this is another tricky part to the situation.... No one has the right to serve in the military, you have to be accepted.

I know that may be callus, but it is part of the discussion. We do have to remember that it's life or death once in (for many of the soldiers).

Yeah it may be, but it's for the safety of all the men and women around them.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I'm torn on this one personally. I get why some people would have concerns of people going through hormone treatment to be in compromising situations where lives are at stake, but I also understand someone courageous enough to volunteer wanting to serve.

The deal is there are a lot of conditions that prevent people from serving. One of my sons is 90% blind in one eye and he can't join, so he is going to be a electrical engineer... You can't be over weight, can't have medical issues, even some small ones, so on and so on.

Hell I'm not sure if you can still not join if you have flat feet as it was in the past, so the point is not everyone fits the mold of that they want, and transgenders have a lot going on that fits many categories of conditions the military will not accept.

That though is because you are unable to meet the standards or have a health condition that limits you're effectiveness.

So for example you might say you can't join because you're blind in one eye...you can't shoot, you need to be able to shoot to join up. You're fat, so you can't meet the physical requirements, you have high blood pressure, well you might stroke on the battlefield and so on. I mean we could get into the "ahhh but what about this exemption" debate and go round in circles all day but the point right now is about individuals with gender dysmorphia

Simply put there is nothing that physically makes anyone who is transgender unable to preform the roles of a solider.

You don't think that wanting to be a boy if you're a girl is a mental health condition?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join