It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Calls to Kill Sharon Spiral Before Pullout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
As the date for the Gaza pullout gets closer, the number of death threats being made at Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is rapidly increasing. The head of Shin Bet, Avi Dichter, indicated that the numbers are increasing and are also referring to the 1995 assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin. Rabin was assassinated Yigal Amir, a Jewish extremist.

story.news.yahoo.com
JERUSALEM - The head of Israel's intelligence agency told Cabinet Ministers on Sunday that the number of calls for the death of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is increasing sharply ahead of this summer's planned pullout from Gaza and part of the West Bank.

The pullout involves dismantling all 21 settlements in Gaza and four in the West Bank, and settlers are hotly opposed.

Shin Bet head Avi Dichter said his agents had logged a rising tide of statements in closed-door meetings in recent months, with several of them referring to the 1995 assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin by hard-liner Yigal Amir, who is serving a life sentence.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its interesting and one has to wonder if extremist elements have penetrated Shin Bet to the highest levels. The Assassination of Rabin came at another time of hope and now we see similar threats being made to Sharon who once was considered an "Ultra Hawk". If someone were to take out Sharon, we would be stuck with the like of Netanyahu who's solution to peace seems to be to drive the Palestinians into the sea.

[edit on 2/27/05 by FredT]

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hopefully it is just talk and nothing will come of it. I for one would like to see peace in the region, but many who live there see things differently.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I read an article recently (a few days ago) that hinted towards a possible coup to overthrow Sharon and seize the Israeli government. I'm not sure where it is, and I have searched for it, but it did make some interesting points. I believe it is possible that the people of Israel are tired of Sharon's continued efforts towards peace. I believe that if Sharon is removed from power, heavy military action will be quickly followed.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by astral_ice
Hopefully it is just talk....

It's not just talk. Someone will try to kill Sharon. It is inevitable and there are probably plenty in the government who will turn a blind eye to the plot.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have this nagging feeling that is still Jewish extremist groups around working against any progress between Palestine and Israel, but for some reason due to the bad name of the Islamic radicals groups they get away with some deeds.

But occurs this just my opinion and funny that the name of Yigal Amir came around.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by astral_ice
Hopefully it is just talk and nothing will come of it. I for one would like to see peace in the region, but many who live there see things differently.

Its not talk. There are extremists on both sides of the coin here and the Israeli extremest as just as violent. There will be an attempt and Shin Bets track record is pretty bad as of late.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If you are an Israeli, you must have to wonder, how long will Sharon continue to allow the suicide bombings and terrorist attacks to go unanswered. I have to think that the people will not sit idle for too long without some kind of action.

new topics

top topics

join