It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Black Knight Footage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Pretty much the same shape, but it's tumbling so its aspect changes. Just as the still images taken at the time show.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/23/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: Thill
I am heavily on the fence leaning towards hoax on the whole BK story but I have a question for the knowledgeable. Wouldn't the orbit of that blanket deteriorate over time until it burned in the atmosphere ?

Yip in 9 months !

What goes up must come down , unless you are a thermal blanket

Actually it turns out it was quite a bit less than 9 months. It was 10 days.

originally posted by: JimOberg

No sense in playing games, here is a link with the NORAD satellite catalog:
planet4589.org...

Look up object number 025570, international designator 1998-067C
EVA debris -- Trunnion pin cover [NASA]
Launch 1998 Dec 4
Reentered 1998 Dec 14 - 1998

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So it stayed up 10 days in orbit in total , but the maximum it could have lasted was 9 months i remember reading somewhere

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Yeah. But being light in weight and "draggy" it came down pretty quick.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yip it was not the thermal blanket that was seen by astronomers in the 20s-30s then , i also remember reading in a nexus magazine about something spotted in 1954 coming out from the sun and turning back ? on its path i think the Swedes found that one

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yip it was not the thermal blanket that was seen by astronomers in the 20s-30s

Can you clarify this statement? What was seen in the 20s-30s?

i also remember reading in a nexus magazine about something spotted in 1954 coming out from the sun and turning back
Sounds interesting , but are you sure you're not talking about the claims from Donald Keyhoe, about Clyde Tombaugh and Lincoln La Paz? Because that's something quite different. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Yip it was not the thermal blanket that was seen by astronomers in the 20s-30s then .........:

Get a grip.

NO ASTRONOMERS REPORTED SEEING IT IN THE 20S AND 30S.

At least please get the original claims accurately instead of embellishing them out of your imagination.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I would need to look it up now Phage as the old gray matter is not what it was , i am trying to find a stream for the nexus magazine archive

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

But the Black Knight is purely a tale of imagination. Connecting dots. Trouble is, the dots are not sequentially numbered or numbered at all so the resulting picture is highly questionable.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I would need to look it up now Phage as the old gray matter is not what it was , i am trying to find a stream for the nexus magazine archive

Excellent. And I just found a 1960 magazine article with some remarkable new features of one of these old stories.

edit on 23-1-2019 by JimOberg because: add image

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Yip it was not the thermal blanket that was seen by astronomers in the 20s-30s then .........:

Get a grip.

NO ASTRONOMERS REPORTED SEEING IT IN THE 20S AND 30S.

At least please get the original claims accurately instead of embellishing them out of your imagination.

Since the 1930′s Astronomers worldwide have been reporting strange radio signals which allegedly come from the “Black Knight”.

csglobe.com...

In 1957, an unknown “object” was seen “shadowing” the Sputnik 1 Spacecraft. According to reports, the “unidentified object” was in Polar orbit.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

The footage reminds me of the Cloverfield universe ARG but I dunno.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Since the 1930′s Astronomers worldwide have been reporting strange radio signals which allegedly come from the “Black Knight”.
According to whom? But you said it had been "seen by astronomers."

In 1957, an unknown “object” was seen “shadowing” the Sputnik 1 Spacecraft. According to reports, the “unidentified object” was in Polar orbit.
Since Sputnik 1 was not in a polar orbit, that makes no sense.

Speaking of not making sense, your source:

6. The story of the Black Knight made its media debut in the 1940′s when the St. Louis Dispatch and The San Francisco Examiner wrote about the “Satellite” on May 14th 1954.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

...csglobe.com...

Wake me when you come up with EVIDENCE, not anonymous internet ravings.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Reminded me of this video from years ago, very good CGI by TFH

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Some modern magazines (Vice and a couple others that I can't remember) have back dated its first contact to things such as an 1899 Tesla radio experiment and delayed echoes in late 20s radio experiments. Also in 1973 Duncan lunan said he contacted a 13,000 year old probe from Epsilon Boötis... Later retracting the statement saying it was not done in ANY scientific method and he was very wrong.

I've been following the Black Knight stuff for 10-15 years, its fun but there is really no evidence of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: KezigluBey

Also in 1973 Duncan lunan said he contacted a 13,000 year old probe from Epsilon Boötis

You may want to review your claim. He never said that.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

...csglobe.com...

Wake me when you come up with EVIDENCE, not anonymous internet ravings.

Fair enough. Live by your own words and present conclusive evidence that proves it's a space blanket. If the evidence exists I'm 100% behind debunking a story.

Too many times we see "debunkers" come into forums with disjointed claims offering an alternative explanation no better than the actual event.

Debunkers live by a double standard and I get tired of hearing you guys drone on when you never present any conclusive contravening evidence.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KezigluBey

..... Also in 1973 Duncan lunan said he contacted a 13,000 year old probe from Epsilon Boötis... Later retracting the statement saying it was not done in ANY scientific method and he was very wrong. I've been following the Black Knight stuff for 10-15 years, its fun but there is really no evidence of it.

You really need to pay more careful attention. Lunan NEVER said he 'contacted' the probe. Why did you just write that he HAD said that? He has explained his thinking on the LDE puzzle often, candidly and in great detail. Have you ever actually read anything HE wrote, or just rely on anonymous claims of what he said? Because if you are that careless, you have wasted enormous time and effort, and contributed not to the clarification of these issues, but their confusion.

Here's my summary in my FAQ list:

"In 1973, an astronomy enthusiast/author named Duncan Lunan [then and now a friend of mine] did the INTERPRETING of a series of mysterious radio noise echoes over previous decades, made a graphical plot of date versus size of each ‘delayed echo’, and suggested it showed a 'star map' of the Bootes constellation that had one star [Epsilon Booti] displaced by its motion over the last 13,000 years. Then he found out he'd misread some old radio logbooks and withdrew the suggestion. Too late, it had metastasized throughout the world of UFOria and walks on to this day, undead, a zombie theory repudiated even by its own father."
edit on 23-1-2019 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
[
Fair enough. Live by your own words and present conclusive evidence that proves it's a space blanket. If the evidence exists I'm 100% behind debunking a story. .... Debunkers live by a double standard and I get tired of hearing you guys drone on when you never present any conclusive contravening evidence.

Then you've never seen this? The first step back to the real world is to establish that the pictures from sts-88 show a dropped insulation blanket. See if this presentation, and the two videos it links to, can persuade you of that, and if not, please tell me why not – So where did I get it wrong, please?
- www.jamesoberg.com...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Earlier, debunking an older version of the phantom satellite [1979]
www.jamesoberg.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join