It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maga Teens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The problem with the Parkland teens is not their points of view, but that the national press kept shoving them into the spotlight because their position relative to the tragedy made them invulnerable to pushback on their opinions much like they tried to make Phillips invulnerable based on his ethnic background, his age, and his Vietnam service.

If we are thinking these guys should be forgiven for being young and dumb and thus shouldn't be in the national eye, then neither were David Hogg and his crew worth putting in the national eye over their hysterics.

At what point did the Parklans teens open themselves to pushback because they kept crusading? Someone eventually gets to rebutt them, right? Or do they get to hold an unobstructed one-sided converstation on the mere virtue of being kids?
edit on 22-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Well... duh. But that doesn't stop others from doing so. Then what? Is anyone really naive or ignorant enough to believe that we can stop "fake news"? Or do people just want someone out there feeding their echo chamber?

When do we demand the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Not just of others, but of ourselves???

Maybe there should be serious consequences for those that spread fake news stories? These kids, their families and their school is getting doxed and death threats. Impose huge fines or a little jail time to those that purposely spread false information to denigrate others. Maybe then, some will think twice before posting fake news to fit their political point of view. Or, I'm totally wrong and this could also open up a whole other can of worms.

It may be easier to try to educate ourselves and others not to fall for everything they see and hear on the internet without first fact checking and/or waiting for the rest of the story to be fleshed out. Truth is, I don't know the answers, but I'm sick of seeing this sort of thing daily.....from both sides.
edit on 22-1-2019 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Thank you for the kind words... I'm not feeling worthy right now though. I'm very frustrated with myself for not being able to better articulate the thoughts in my head!

And at the risk of sounding like a mutual admiration society, I very much appreciate your thoughtful, even-handed and level headed approach to matters, and your threads/videos. Thanks for being that guy!

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

In this case, they should have a lawsuit. No one can argue very easily that these kids are public figures or that some of this coverage was not malicious.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Turns out the Native American is a proven liar.
New from Thomas Wictor:

Nathan Phillips, Fake Marine

quodverum.com...

Did they find that out for sure?

I knew yesterday there were some serious questions about his claims, but there was also a very slim possibility he was also telling the truth on that. The unit he claimed was never supposed to have existed, and it would have been very hard for him to have served in Vietnam based on his age and what is known about troops on the ground in that conflict. However, he did say something about during Vietnam time which would have been different.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not going to derail the thread, but I will say you could have worded the last part of your post better and still made a similar point.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Wictor is meticulous and accurate when it comes to all matters Military.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Maybe there should be serious consequences for those that spread fake news stories?

Yes. But here's the thing: We have to start with the Feds, who have made MSM-disseminated propaganda and lies legal, while criminalizing the truth. None of this is by accident, it is by design.

These kids, their families and their school is getting doxed and death threats. Impose huge fines or a little jail time to those that purposely spread false information to denigrate others. Maybe then, some will think twice before posting fake news to fit their political point of view.

Again, by design. Everyone knew that in today's political blood sport exactly what would happen. I wouldn't even be surprised if someone didn't deliberately provoke exactly this incident just to splash it on the news and internet and make it go viral. Divide-and-conquer. But it works because the people let it work. They jumped to conclusions and took sides.

(For what it's worth, as I see it, the kids have said they were performing school cheers, which could very well have been taken as obnoxious and offensive by others. However, we expect kids to do stupid things. We should expect better from the adults. The adult "confronted" the kid in a very shady way. The adult knew what he was doing, the kid did not.)

Or, I'm totally wrong and this could also open up a whole other can of worms. It may be easier to try to educate ourselves and others not to fall for everything they see and hear on the internet without first fact checking and/or waiting for the rest of the story to be fleshed out.

I think that's the only thing we can do. Well, that, and to demand the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from all pertinent parties -- and especially our government. It's the absence of truth which creates the vacuum and makes all of this possible -- and inevitable!

Truth is, I don't know the answers, but I'm sick of seeing this sort of thing daily.....from both sides.

Me too. But no one is going to do this for us. We have to demand it ourselves and accept nothing less.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I've just operated under the belief recently that if I am honest with people and give and take, it is more productive to discussion and opens more doors for having someone see something another way.

Even if we are biased, give and take does more for discussion, just as someone pointed out Jefferton saying his post early on in the thread says a lot, and it does.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Assuming that is correct, he didn't say that Phillips was never a Marine, he said that the capacity he claimed probably wasn't true.

The piece didn't even deny his presence in Vietnam, rather that it was probably an adviser type role.

Listen, Phillips most likely got caught red handed lying about this encounter (over the weekend). More evidence points to him fabricating much of his narrative than supporting any of it other than what we saw.
edit on 22-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

What I saw, went on much longer than 30 seconds, and they were not just standing there. They were MOCKING the chanting of the Elderly, American Indians. There was more to it than just a stand off.

No matter what you think, their behaviour was hardly making America great again, now was it?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I've read many of his post event interviews. He really hates white people.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

What I saw, went on much longer than 30 seconds, and they were not just standing there. They were MOCKING the chanting of the Elderly, American Indians. There was more to it than just a stand off.

Perceived mocking, but lets say they are for the sake of argument, it wasn't that bad. They're boys, and were in a complicated situation. After already dealing with the Black Israelis (or whatever), an American Indian came up and started chanting about foot away from them. They haven't had the experience you or I have to know how to deal with complex and complicated situations. As a kid, if something was awkward for me, sometimes I would just laugh.

But I don't see anyone go after the middle aged Black Israelis for mocking the American Indians, saying (paraphrased) "The reason you lost your land is because you worshiped totem poles and not God", blaming their misfortunes on worshiping false idols. So if mocking an American Indian is the offense, why aren't we holding the same standards for everyone? Why are kids being convicted by the court of public opinion more than adults who did far worse?
edit on 22-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It boggles my mind watching how easily the "progressives" get led around by the nose with this kind of crap, every other day it's another fake story and they swallow it Hook line and sinker.
Pretty ironic that all these "liberal freedom fighters" have completely aligned themselves with the establishment.
My past formula for picking a primary candidate was to watch which one the establishment tried to shut down the hardest. I voted for Ron Paul AND Ross Perough using that criteria, hell I would have voted for Dennis Kusinnich over Bush if he had made it to the ticket.
Both parties are bought and paid for ENTIRELY, voting for one of their "parade o' snakes" is completely useless. Anyone who thinks Hillary Clinton would have done anything different than the last five tools that sat in the oval office is a blithering fracking imbecile.
Anyone who has watched the last election and the following two years, with all the hate, fear, venom, and vitriol being spewed from every corner of the media and the elite establishment at our president and still call him an establishment insider is a blithering fracking moron.
And remember, all the pundits and talking heads and political "experts" that scream and shout about how he's doing it wrong?
Those are the same people that put this country in this predicament in the first place with decades long failed policies in every single category of government.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

They were MOCKING the chanting of the Elderly, American Indians. There was more to it than just a stand off.

Have you seen the interview with Phillips in which he outright states that he deliberately interrupted their cheers -- to shut them down -- with his drum playing?

Why was this disrespectful act by Phillips okay, but the less-than-respectful response of the kids is so outrageous?

How can you be sure that these kids were "mocking" as opposed to simply joining in -- you know, after Phillips so rudely interrupted them -- and taking it too far and getting too rambunctious? As kids everywhere have done forever...

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

No matter what you think, their behaviour was hardly making America great again, now was it?

I downplayed a little because I watched the WHOLE thing and saw the context. They were NOT the aggressors. They took a relatively passive approach when all things are considered. Making America great for sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Assuming that is correct, he didn't say that Phillips was never a Marine, he said that the capacity he claimed probably wasn't true.

The piece didn't even deny his presence in Vietnam, rather that it was probably an adviser type role.

Listen, Phillips most likely got caught red handed lying about this encounter (over the weekend). More evidence points to him fabricating much of his narrative than supporting any of it other than what we saw.

We agree.
Phillips probably was an actual Marine...and for that service we should thank him.
However, he is lying about his role while there.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I want to add. There is a seven second video floating around that many people are using to solidify their already absurd positions on why the maga teens are bigots. That video was very likely cut down so that you don't see the whole take because it would make the OP look bad. When you look into the OP it's not only that it seems like shse is fighting for the professional victim award, she is also a racist. Look her up @roflinds. Don't harass! If you have anything to say, be polite. She may have no integrity but that doesn't mean we have to act the same. Her lack of integrity is what makes that video so much more questionable then it just showing 7 seconds.
edit on 22-1-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You are correct and this event points up the very real problems with identity and tribal politics as pushed upon this society by the leftists and their MSM.

The message that comes clear to me is that DC is no place for white male high school students and its foolish for them to go there wearing MAGA hats.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

You are correct and this event points up the very real problems with identity and tribal politics as pushed upon this society by the leftists and their MSM.

The message that comes clear to me is that DC is no place for white male high school students and its foolish for them to go there wearing MAGA hats.

"nd its foolish for them to go there wearing MAGA hats." This I completely disagree with. I find it quite absurd. Thats like "she was wearing a slutty dress".

Just to say it. I don't like Trump so if anyone plans to call me a fan boy, that person can # off.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join