It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maga Teens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Even though video has come out that disassembles the narrative pushed by leftist media outlets, many outlets continue to push the lie. Many people continue to call for the life ruining of these kids... hell many are actively attempting to smear these kids. For what? You saw 30 seconds of video of a kid standing still face to face with an Indian man and that was enough for many of you. Now we have unedited video showing a lot of what the outlets have lead with to be false. Yet these kids lives still have unnecessary risks because of this story.

It's one thing to be wrong, it's another to be deceptive. Look at how much of the left is ignoring facts just to try and keep this going... look at all the stories written about this that have notes on the side with additional information that STILL DONT PAINT THE TRUTH but instead attempt to paint something fitting a personal agenda.

This # is wrong and it need to not go away until all those involved have egg on their faces.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

If they had Obama hats the headline would have read:
"Teens Stand in Solidarity in Support of Proud Native American"

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

So big kudos to this lady, right?

I Failed the Covington Catholic Test

Next time there’s a viral story, I’ll wait for more facts to emerge....

If the Covington Catholic incident was a test, it’s one I failed—along with most others. Will we learn from it, or will we continue to roam social media, looking for the next outrage fix? Next time a story like this surfaces, I’ll try to sit it out until more facts have emerged. I’ll remind myself that the truth is sometimes unknowable, and I’ll stick to discussing the news with people I know in real life, instead of with strangers whom I’ve never met. I’ll get my news from legitimate journalists instead of an online mob for whom Saturday-morning indignation is just another form of entertainment. And above all, I’ll try to take the advice I give my kids daily: Put the phone down and go do something productive.

Self-righteous indignation and outrage only goes so far -- no matter which side one falls on.

This lady has the right idea. What can we all learn from this? What should we all learn from this?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I watched some of the "confrontation" video last night.
The only people acting or talking aggressively were the black something or other "I really forget who they were" off to the side yelling faggots and telling the natives they had lost their land because they worshipped totem poles instead of god.

The kid shown in the video being portrayed as a trump loving racist was just standing there waiting.
The native man approached him and got in the kids face. No reaction from the kid but an occasional smile.

The short video clip is nothing more than a lie to try to push an agenda. If any media outlet didn't do the research before publication then they are incompetent and anything coming from within their walls should be questioned.

Mulder was on to something.
Trust no one..

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This has been going on for a few years now.

Elderly Trump supporters attacked by Bernie and Hillary supporters at Trump rallies...nobody on the left cares.

Trump supporter punches heckler at Trump rally...wall to wall coverage for weeks and the left is outraged!

Kid assaulted by a grown man in a restaurant over a MAGA hat...nobody on the left cares.

Kids chant build that wall at a soccer game...the left is outraged!

Kids and their families threatened with murder/violence for wearing MAGA hat in March of life event...nobody on the left cares.

Conservative makes a questionable comment on Twitter...the left is outraged!

Same # different day, but a good example of why I don't take anyone on the left serious. Hell, I don't even reply to them anymore because I feel as if I'm trying to have a conversation with a retarded child.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I've seen the video. I don't get it. They looked, to me, like they were just proud young men, standing up for their beliefs.

I really don't understand the lynching.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

The President of CNN needs to resign.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I've seen the video. I don't get it. They looked, to me, like they were just proud young men, standing up for their beliefs.

Probably because:

1) White
2) MAGA hats
3) Private school

It's like the trifecta of racism according to the far left.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Kudos Jefferton.

I also don't think that people realize the damage that is being done to their cause by propping this up as a huge social injustice.

Now people are going after the media (rightfully so), but they're doing so in a way that would essentially degrade all of our freedom of speech rights.

I'll finish with this, even if the kids did something distasteful, they're kids. Should we ruin their lives for making a mistake as a kid? Absolutely not, I'm not saying that kids can do whatever they want, but the punishment should fit the offense. Teaching kids a level of perfection that isn't attainable just sets them up for worse failure later.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Kudos Jefferton.

I also don't think that people realize the damage that is being done to their cause by propping this up as a huge social injustice.

Now people are going after the media (rightfully so), but they're doing so in a way that would essentially degrade all of our freedom of speech rights.

I'll finish with this, even if the kids did something distasteful, they're kids. Should we ruin their lives for making a mistake as a kid? Absolutely not, I'm not saying that kids can do whatever they want, but the punishment should fit the offense. Teaching kids a level of perfection that isn't attainable just sets them up for worse failure later.

100% agree with this.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Apparently the kids were supposed to turn and run or lay down into the fetal position.

Hell i would of stood there and done the same at his age, call it disrepect or call it standing up like a man...its your definition.

When some nut tries to shoot up that school then there will be a real problem because adults are now asking for exactly what theyve been rallying against. Liberal gun grabbing nuts at that...

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

It's because this had the wrong slogan on it.

And it's because the very long version of the video was edited to show things in the worst light possible for the kids, and then outlets like CNN rushed to give exclusive interviews to Phillips who either did not experience the situation like the longer video showed, calling the young men beasts out to attack the African-American gentlemen - predator and prey, I believe were his words - and painting himself as heroically trying to interceded between what was sure to be a lynching by the kids of those Black Hebrews.

Between the two things, everyone was pretty sure the kids were a bunch of disgusting racists because they were also white and from Kentucky and attended a private Catholic school, so privileged. So everyone also made assumptions.

Then the longer videos began dropping and truth started to come out that the actual situation was far more complex and that Phillips either had a very warped view of reality or was pretty much lying about what actually happened.

Now, a lot of people are straight up disappeared, are rapidly spinning the story to try to preserve their initial takes while backwalking, and very few have been big enough to apologize. I applaud the ones who have.

Meanwhile, these kids got thrown under the bus by their religious hierarchy immediately which was disgusting and half of the side in this country who should have darn well known better than to rush to such quick judgment. Things like this that present such a picture perfect example of confirmation bias so very seldom turn out to be what they appear on first blush, and we should all know this by now.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Hell, I don't even reply to them anymore because I feel as if I'm trying to have a conversation with a retarded child.

Behold the birth of an echo chamber... On a discussion forum no less. Sheesh.

I won't expect a reply of course. I am no doubt just another "retarded child."

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

When the kids were jumping and clapping and tomahawk chopping in time to Phillips' drumming, that can be seen as disrespectful, but given the situation, the kids can also be forgiven for being confused about what exactly was happening too. Teenagers and boys are not known for being the most culturally sensitive things in the world, and they had just been doing school chants and cheers to try to combat the abuse from the Black Hebrews, so they were in a pep rally frame of mind.

You can see things die out pretty quick when it starts to dawn on them that what Phillips is up to is something else.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

This lady has the right idea. What can we all learn from this? What should we all learn from this?

For starters, don't make up news to fit your political agenda?

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Hell, I don't even reply to them anymore because I feel as if I'm trying to have a conversation with a retarded child.

Behold the birth of an echo chamber... On a discussion forum no less. Sheesh.

I won't expect a reply of course. I am no doubt just another "retarded child."

I liked how when many on this board were going after the Parkland teens because they were addressing gun control, you made a thread saying not to go after kids, and if you feel so inclined, go after the ring leaders.

There's always a way to have a point without sacrificing class. I notice you almost always (I don't know an example, I just don't like to speak in absolutes) go about it the right way when proving a point.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

When the kids were jumping and clapping and tomahawk chopping in time to Phillips' drumming, that can be seen as disrespectful, but given the situation, the kids can also be forgiven for being confused about what exactly was happening too.

That's a fair point, but if I had to take a guess (and as you pointed out), that was more of a football game chant/movement, I don't think they understand that it could be seen as offensive....

But back to what I said earlier, even if they did know it was offensive, it doesn't deserve this, they're kids. I was a f###ing dumbass as a 15 year old kid, and that is honestly the most polite way I can put it. I was a adolescent mind being transported by a meatbag too big for where I was mentally, throw in raging hormones... I was a bull in a China shop.

Luckily no one ever punished me for being naive, ignorant, and inexperienced to the point where it would hurt my self esteem or confidence that one day I would grow into an adult.
edit on 22-1-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

For starters, don't make up news to fit your political agenda?

Well... duh. But that doesn't stop others from doing so. Then what? Is anyone really naive or ignorant enough to believe that we can stop "fake news"? Or do people just want someone out there feeding their echo chamber?

When do we demand the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Not just of others, but of ourselves???

edit on 22-1-2019 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I will admit, I usually don't agree with you on most topics, but I will say this...
You showed me that you are an adult that can do (and say) the right thing when it is needed.

I THANK YOU for saying this, forget what side we're on, if something's wrong, we need to say as humans that something is not right.

You are the ONLY person that (usually) has a different view that has said this is a fiasco, you made a big difference when you did this.

posted on Jan, 22 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Turns out the Native American is a proven liar.
New from Thomas Wictor:

Nathan Phillips, Fake Marine

quodverum.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join